search

Author Topic: Nashville after Christmas?  (Read 2201 times)

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
Nashville after Christmas?
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »
With the recent announcement of extra days off at work, it looks like I am going to be in Nashville with the family from (I think) the 26th-28th staying at the Gaylord (somehow my wife got a room for $85 a night).  There is some sort of ice sculpture thing she is dragging us to apparently.

Will anyone else be in town then?  I am definitely going to need a few drinks if the trip does happen.

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Quadrupel
Re: Nashville after Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
well if you could get away the 26th, I know of an epic tasting that usually happens day after Christmas in Bowling Green...

There is a really strong beer community in Nashville, best communicated with via Facebook... too bad you are opposed to such things, or I could put you in touch.;-)

Two really good new breweries you should check out are in Franklin, Turtle Anarchy and Cool Springs Brewing.  CSB is actually a kid friendly pizza joint.  The brewer there came from Twisted Pine in Boulder and is one of the crazy people behind Ghost Face Killah... he is otherwise actually a very good brewer ;-)
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
well if you could get away the 26th, I know of an epic tasting that usually happens day after Christmas in Bowling Green...

There is a really strong beer community in Nashville, best communicated with via Facebook... too bad you are opposed to such things, or I could put you in touch.;-)

Two really good new breweries you should check out are in Franklin, Turtle Anarchy and Cool Springs Brewing.  CSB is actually a kid friendly pizza joint.  The brewer there came from Twisted Pine in Boulder and is one of the crazy people behind Ghost Face Killah... he is otherwise actually a very good brewer ;-)

I couldn't likely do anything on the 26th unless it was in Nashville since that is really one of the travel days.

Facebook... meh...  Unless it was somebody I already knew from TBS, I am not sure if I would want to just hang out with random folks.

Even Franklin is likely a bit too far outside my likely travel circle for such a short trip.  I would definitely be interested in CSB especially if he made a version of Ghost Face Killah for there.  I actually liked that beer  :shrug:

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 02:58:42 PM »

I couldn't likely do anything on the 26th unless it was in Nashville since that is really one of the travel days.

Facebook... meh...  Unless it was somebody I already knew from TBS, I am not sure if I would want to just hang out with random folks.

Even Franklin is likely a bit too far outside my likely travel circle for such a short trip.  I would definitely be interested in CSB especially if he made a version of Ghost Face Killah for there.  I actually liked that beer  :shrug:
He did make a hot pepper beer for CSB... they got to try it at The Winter Warmer... not sure if it would be on now though
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old Ale
  • Foul balls are yours to keep.
    • Bootknocker Brewing Co.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »
I will be here and just live about 4-5 miles from the Opryland hotel.  The only hiccup would be my parents coming into town.
"beaver butt is not kosher"

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 01:57:23 PM »
I will be here and just live about 4-5 miles from the Opryland hotel.  The only hiccup would be my parents coming into town.

I completely understand if you can not get away due to holiday family obligations, but let me know if you can spare a few hours on the 26th or 27th.  26th is a travel day so it would it would have to be in the evening.  I would possibly have more flexibility on the 27th.

I am open to bringing a couple bottles to share or meeting for a pint or two somewhere if you can spare some time.   :cheers:

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 08:12:58 AM »

I completely understand if you can not get away due to holiday family obligations, but let me know if you can spare a few hours on the 26th or 27th.  26th is a travel day so it would it would have to be in the evening.  I would possibly have more flexibility on the 27th.

I am open to bringing a couple bottles to share or meeting for a pint or two somewhere if you can spare some time.   :cheers:

What do you think your availibility will be like around lunch/early afternoon on the 27th?  I'm thinking about working a half day and would be available after that but will probably have to go to my sister's house that evening.  I should also be available the evening of the 26th after 6 or so.

Ask Gilly...I don't get out much (only when I "import" friends).  So anyplace is likely a treat for me. 

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 09:50:29 AM »

What do you think your availibility will be like around lunch/early afternoon on the 27th?  I'm thinking about working a half day and would be available after that but will probably have to go to my sister's house that evening.  I should also be available the evening of the 26th after 6 or so.

Ask Gilly...I don't get out much (only when I "import" friends).  So anyplace is likely a treat for me.

Let me talk to the wife and get back to you.  I do not see why it would be a problem but I do not want to promise something then have to deal with the fallout if my wife has plans for us then.

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 07:51:24 PM »

This seems to work with our plans.  Going to go to the Ice exhibit that morning at 10, but I don't think that will take all that long to get through.

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 08:31:48 AM »

This seems to work with our plans.  Going to go to the Ice exhibit that morning at 10, but I don't think that will take all that long to get through.

Cool, I'll plan on leaving work at lunch.