search

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada  (Read 2942 times)

Offline KingG

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
    • Bine & Vine Bottle Shop
Sierra Nevada
« on: January 02, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »
New label for Bigfoot his year:

Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
Re: Sierra Nevada
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »
Oh yea, they're releasing an ESB as well for early spring;

This is our twist on a traditional English style ESB. It starts with a big hop aroma and a reddish-copper hue, then moves into the full-bodied sweetness of British grown Maris Otter malt balanced with earthy hop overtones.
12 oz. Bottle
5.9% abv
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Westside Threat

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:26:23 PM »
Oh yea, they're releasing an ESB as well for early spring;

This is our twist on a traditional English style ESB. It starts with a big hop aroma and a reddish-copper hue, then moves into the full-bodied sweetness of British grown Maris Otter malt balanced with earthy hop overtones.
12 oz. Bottle
5.9% abv

I'm not sure why they'd release this.  ESB isn't really a current and popular style. 
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »
I'm not sure why they'd release this.  ESB isn't really a current and popular style.
Tell me about it.

Brown Ale isn't very popular right now either and their's was average.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Barleywine
  • Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 11:51:59 AM »
Sierra Nevada Extra IPA

I will send out a press release, sometime closer to the release date.

Anyway, here's the skinny on the new beer:

Yes, Sierra Nevada will be releasing Torpedo Extra IPA as a new addition to our year-round staple of beers. The tentative release date is January 15.
This is the first of two new year-round beers for Sierra Nevada in 2009 and the first change in our year-round lineup since we started back in the early 1980's.
The beer will be available in 6-packs, with the same distribution as all of our other year-round and seasonal beers.

About the beer:
Contrary to popular belief Torpedo Ale is not a different version of Celebration. The confusion stems from the device itself. The name Torpedo stems from an invention that Ken Grossman and the brewers came up with several years ago. The Hop Torpedo is a cylindrical stainless steel vessel that was developed to harness the essential oils and resins in hops, without extracting harsh bitterness. A stainless filter basket is packed full of whole cone hops loaded into the vessel and sealed against pressure. The device is then placed in the fermentation cellars where beer from the cylindroconical fermenters is pushed down from the tanks, through the pressurized column of hops and back into the fermenting tank. The flow of beer out of the tanks, into the Torpedo and back into the fermenter can be controlled to extract different levels of flavor, aroma and bitterness. Essentially, it is a new way of dry-hopping that extracts all of the oily resin without the residual bitterness of the traditional method.

The confusion with Celebration came about because Celebration has ALWAYS been copiously dry-hopped. The idea came about because dry-hopping is both difficult, time consuming and wasteful. Also, dealing with dry hopping bags in a 400-600 bbls. Fermenters is an engineering nightmare. (those things are tall!) So, back to the point, the Torpedo was developed to use with Celebration. After years of experimentation, we decided to stick with the traditional method of dry-hopping for Celebration and are using the Hop Torpedo for other inventions.
There is also confusion, because Torpedo has been available for a few years as part of our limited draft selection program. We do a limited draft program as a way to have fun and experiment, while producing beers that are not really viable options for year-round packages. The legalities, and consistency from batch to batch are not as stringent as with a bottled package. The recipe for Torpedo has varied in the past over a wide range. Essentially we have been polishing the beer and testing the reactions for years! In the forthcoming Torpedo package, we are not only using the new Hop Torpedo method, but also debuting a new variety of hop. We are using a new varietal called the Citra hop. Sierra Nevada ( and two other breweries) worked on the research and development of this variety and together, we own most of the acreage available in the world, (which is something like 3 acres). This hop has a crazy strange flavor profile, leaning toward pineapple, mango, papaya and other tropical fruit flavors and aromas. As always, we use only whole cone hops.

The Beer:
Torpedo is in a grey area, somewhere between an IPA and a Double IPA...We are calling it Extra IPA...
7.4% ABV
IBU's in the high 70's to 80's

Bittering hops: with Magnum
Finishing hops: Magnum, Crystal, Chinook.
Torpedo: Magnum, Chinook, Citra.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

"Who cares how time advances?  I'm drinking ale today." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline esch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Malt Liquor
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 07:41:10 PM »
I'd really like to get some Citra hops. Anyone know if they're available to homebrewers?

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 05:37:46 PM »
Awesome to see them adding more to the year-round offerings.

--------

Chico, CA (03/06/2009) -- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is pleased to announce the release of Kellerweis Hefeweizen into their year-round portfolio of beers. This is the second new year-round release from the brewery in 2009, and a great addition to their lineup of world-class beers.

The name Sierra Nevada is synonymous with hops, and lots of them. Kellerweis is an exception to that rule, but fortunately, no less exceptional.

Several years ago, the brewers began working with a unique Bavarian hefeweizen yeast strain unknown in this country. This amazingly flavorful yeast was so exciting that they began working on a recipe for a traditional German hefeweizen with the Sierra Nevada twist. Traditional hefeweizen is a style that seems deceptively simple, but in reality is devilishly complex. For years the brewers weren't satisfied with the beer; something was missing. In a flash of inspiration, an epic trip was arranged. The brewers took a whirlwind tour through the legendary Bavarian wheat breweries to see what they were doing. It was there they realized the advantages of making wheat beer using the traditional system of open fermentation.

Sierra Nevada had been making a portion of their beer using the difficult and labor-intensive technique of open fermentation for years. Most modern brewery fermentation takes place in closed, stainless-steel tanks; this method is efficient, quick and clean. In closed tanks, however, the yeast doesn't have the opportunity to coax as much complexity from the fermenting beer. Using shallow open fermentation, the yeast has space to build layers of flavors and aroma that would otherwise be impossible.

After seeing the technique in use in Germany, the inspiration to make Kellerweis in the open system took hold. The name is an homage to the German Keller, meaning cellar--the name breweries give to their fermentation systems, and weis, or weiss--the German name for "white" or wheat beer, hazy with suspended yeast.

Kellerweis is a light and refreshing beer with deep complexity of flavor. The yeast provides hints of fruit flavors and spices, including ripe banana and clove. This hazy-golden beer glows with suspended yeast creating a velvety texture; perfect for a sunny California day. Sierra Nevada's Kellerweis Hefeweizen will be available in 6-packs starting in early summer 2009.

Founded in 1980, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is one of America's first microbreweries and remains highly regarded for using only whole-cone hops and ingredients of the highest quality. Sierra Nevada has set the standard for artisan brewers worldwide as a winner of numerous awards for their line of beers and ales including the flagship Pale Ale, Torpedo, Porter, Stout, four seasonal beers, Harvest Ale series and a host of draft-only specialties.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »
A few weeks ago I was in the brewhouse with Isaiah, one of our hip-young gunslinger brewers while he was working on his Brown Saison.

Here's a link to some photos I posted over on Flikr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10466770@N00/sets/72157616098177489/

Brown Saison is the newest beer in our limited draft selections and will be making its debut this week at selected bars. Most of the first looks of the beer will be at the Sierra Nevada Artisan Ale Experience events which are happening in select venues for the next few months.

I can't tell you how great the brewery smelled while he was brewing the beer on our vintage German copper-kettle system. Amazing.

here's a breif description of what the beer will be:

Brown Saison
Sierra Nevada's Brown Saison is a nod to the rustic farmhouse or "country" style beers of Belgium and France. Traditionally, Saison is brewed in the cool months of spring for enjoyment throughout the summer. Our Brown Saison is remarkably complex from the use of roasted malt, a unique Belgian yeast strain and exotic spices including, coriander, orange peel, star anise and juniper berries. The beer has an intriguing interplay of flavors ranging from earthy straw character and bright peppery spiciness, to deep notes of dark fruit and black currants. Brown Saison is bright and refreshing with a dry and mildly tart finish.

7.85% ABV 35 IBU.

Hope you get to try it.

Cheers!

-Bill

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 12:58:34 PM »
After the flood of e-mails of support and questions regarding Torpedo and its availability, we see there is some confusion. Hopefully, this will clear things up.

The bottom line is we are selling a lot more Torpedo than we ever expected so we have been forced to allocate it until this fall when our new hop harvest arrives.
Orders are something in the area of 400% higer than we projected...

Sierra Nevada is one of the only breweries in the world to use only 100% whole-cone hops in our beer. Because of this, we are limited to what we can get and when we can get it... breweries that use pelletized hops or hop extracts are not nearly as constrained in their varietal choices and not quite as controlled by the whims of the harvest and the quality of the crops. The subtle flavor nuances and oils that people love in our Torpedo Extra IPA can only be achieved by re-circulating fermenting beer through whole cone hops in our hop torpedo. For over 28 years we have never taken short cuts when it comes to hops--having only used whole cone hops in all our beers this entire time--so lowering our standards was never a consideration.

From now until October (the new hop harvest) we are asking our distributors and retailers to only order what they absolutely need. We will still be producing, bottling and shipping Torpedo through then, but we can only accommodate about half the orders so there will be occasional out of stocks. Sorry for the confusion, and sorry to the folks who haven't had the chance to try it yet... We're working on it as fast as we possibly can.

Cheers!
-Bill

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »
SN is bottling Celebration Ale in 24oz bottles this year.  Nice.  Still has to be a better deal for a 12 pack.

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 02:15:59 PM »
I can't imagine the 24oz will be less than per oz than the 12 packs will on special at the grocery store.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »
I can't imagine the 24oz will be less than per oz than the 12 packs will on special at the grocery store.

Sorry that's what I meant.  12 pack has to be a better deal.

Offline incutrav

• Pilsner
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
Celebration still going to be in 12 oz'ers? They only came in six packs last year, would love to see them in 12's.

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
We got plenty of them in 12 packs last year.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 12:17:04 PM »
We got plenty of them in 12 packs last year.

Around here they're kinda hard to find but a much better deal.  Found a couple shops that had 12 packs and went through a stupid number of them.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 12:20:14 PM »
Half barrel of Celebration is still the best buy per ounce.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »

As it should be for any beer.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »

I'll add that it never seems hard to drink a half barrel.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »

I'll add that it never seems hard to drink a half barrel.

That's true.  Bet I went through about that much last year.  Should have gone the keg route.

Offline incutrav

• Pilsner
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
Hmm, never found 12's last year at any of the better beer stores. Ive got a 1/2 BBL of SN Anniversary in the kegerator now. $130.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »
Hmm, never found 12's last year at any of the better beer stores. Ive got a 1/2 BBL of SN Anniversary in the kegerator now. $130.

Awesome.  Picked up a 12 pack of it for $10.98.  Hard to argue with their seasonals and the prices.

Offline incutrav

• Pilsner
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 01:20:22 PM »
Where did you find 12's last year? Best I ever found was sixers for 7.35 at Sids. D Bros, Heritage, Cellars, Big Top all only ever had sixers.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »
Where did you find 12's last year? Best I ever found was sixers for 7.35 at Sids. D Bros, Heritage, Cellars, Big Top all only ever had sixers.

I wanna say it was at some liquor store right by Eden Prairie mall and I believe I got some at Blue Max.  Can't really recall for sure but I know I was really happy when I finally found a place carrying them.  Blue Max has the 12 packs of anniversary for $10.98 right now.

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 01:26:18 PM »
Around here you only see the celebration 12s in grocery stores, not the better boutique stores.  Total Wine might carry them too.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »
I hope we see the 12 packs this year.  Think I may have to consider a keg.  Likely moving to a new place and need to think about building my office into a bit more of a guy friendly place.

Offline incutrav

• Pilsner
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »
A keg would be the way to go, although if a guy could always score it at 11 bucks a 12 pk, you wouldnt be saving that much on a keg. I would guess the Celebration will be about what the Anniversary was-$131. came to $145 with tax. Works out to about 87 cents per 12 oz serving.  Still a savings for sure, especially when 12's seem hard to come by 'round these parts, sixers average 8 bucks. 

Oh yeah, did anyone know if they are still for sure going to come in 12's, not just the big bottles?

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »
A keg would be the way to go, although if a guy could always score it at 11 bucks a 12 pk, you wouldnt be saving that much on a keg. I would guess the Celebration will be about what the Anniversary was-$131. came to $145 with tax. Works out to about 87 cents per 12 oz serving.  Still a savings for sure, especially when 12's seem hard to come by 'round these parts, sixers average 8 bucks. 

Oh yeah, did anyone know if they are still for sure going to come in 12's, not just the big bottles?

Sounds like they'll still be doing them.  The SN post said that they're adding 24oz bottles this year.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »
The first Celebration left the brewery on Tuesday.  Should start hitting stores in the coming weeks.  Awesome.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 11:27:34 AM »
No keg of Celebration for me this year.  I don't have room for a 1/2bbl with the other keg in there already.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »
Glissade Golden Bock, the newest in the seasonal lineup, due out January 2010.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 03:31:13 PM »
Manley also said that the annual Celebration Ale would be replaced for 2010 (because of the 30th anniversary beer) with a still to be determined style.

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 03:33:22 PM »
Manley also said that the annual Celebration Ale would be replaced for 2010 (because of the 30th anniversary beer) with a still to be determined style.

:jawdrop: :sadbanana:

Paging Dr. Rockzo, Dr. Rockzo to the suicide lounge. 

Offline bakes

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 03:46:02 PM »

That's just dumb on their part IMO.  Look forward to that one every year.
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »

I just emailed Bill to see if I can clear up exactly what the story is here.

Offline Dr. Rockzo

• Barleywine
  • The Rock'n'Roll Klown
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »

preposterous!
“Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Offline sierranevadabill

• Malt Liquor
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »

This is an error on the part of the article's author. We are NOT...in no way...ever...going to replace Celebration Ale.

We are going to change Anniversary Ale in the fall of 2010. There will still be a beer in that spot, but we haven't ironed out all of the details yet.

Cheers!

Bill Manley
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Chico, CA

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 04:50:59 PM »

This is an error on the part of the article's author. We are NOT...in no way...ever...going to replace Celebration Ale.

We are going to change Anniversary Ale in the fall of 2010. There will still be a beer in that spot, but we haven't ironed out all of the details yet.

Cheers!

Bill Manley
Chico, CA

Hurray!  Thanks for chiming in!

Offline Dr. Rockzo

• Barleywine
  • The Rock'n'Roll Klown
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »

Cheers!

Bill Manley
Chico, CA

SNB...the most informative brewery rep on the interwebs.  Thanks for the sigh of relief, Bill!  :cheers:
“Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »

Cheers!

Bill Manley
Chico, CA

Thanks so much for the reply. I almost went into a mid-afternoon depression there for a second.

Offline urbanhack

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 05:41:40 PM »
awesome.
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »

Cheers!

Bill Manley
Chico, CA

:hifive:  thanks for clearing that up.. hearts skipped a beat on the erroneous news
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 07:12:29 PM »
good stuff  :thumbup:
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 09:13:57 PM »
Here's what he sent me (pretty much already posted)...

Celebration Ale will NOT be discontinued.

Yes, this was an error that was included in a Beer Connoisseur blog article, that was then reprinted in a newjerseynewsroom.com article, that was then picked up by the NBWA newsletter. It has now ballooned into a giant production, complete with nervous distributors…I’ve been in contact with the reporter, and he is very apologetic, but, it has now ballooned beyond his control.

I have called all publications involved in running it to have the correction made as soon as possible, but unfortunately once its published, it’s hard to take back.

It is completely incorrect. There will definitely be Celebration Ale in 2010, and if I have any say on the matter… for every year in the future. Celebration Ale is one of our most beloved beers and also one of our top selling brands. There is no way we will ever discontinue it.

Please let your community know.

-Bill

Offline bakes

• Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 11:16:33 AM »
Here's what he sent me (pretty much already posted)...

Celebration Ale will NOT be discontinued.

Yes, this was an error that was included in a Beer Connoisseur blog article, that was then reprinted in a newjerseynewsroom.com article, that was then picked up by the NBWA newsletter. It has now ballooned into a giant production, complete with nervous distributors…I’ve been in contact with the reporter, and he is very apologetic, but, it has now ballooned beyond his control.

I have called all publications involved in running it to have the correction made as soon as possible, but unfortunately once its published, it’s hard to take back.

It is completely incorrect. There will definitely be Celebration Ale in 2010, and if I have any say on the matter… for every year in the future. Celebration Ale is one of our most beloved beers and also one of our top selling brands. There is no way we will ever discontinue it.

Please let your community know.

-Bill
:thumbup:

Thanks TT!  Think I'll go home and have a Celebration to celebrate this.  :banned:
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2010, 05:40:58 PM »
First Sierra 30 Anniversary Beer in the tanks! Fritz Maytag and Ken Grossman in the SN brewhouse.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »

SN tweeted that comic last night.  Wouldn't be surprised if the ended up getting a couple cases outta the deal.  Can't buy advertisements like that in newspapers across the US for the price of a couple cases.  Hell, can't even do it for a pallet of beer.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »
2nd offering in the 30th anniversary series is out.  Bock.  Up next is barleywine followed by......

Oak-aged Bigfoot blended with fresh SN Pale Ale and then dry-hopped. :o

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
2nd offering in the 30th anniversary series is out.  Bock.  Up next is barleywine followed by......

So what is special about the barleywine?  That oaked bigfoot sounds tits.
Gilly> this is totally murdering my unicorn blood boner

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »

So what is special about the barleywine?  That oaked bigfoot sounds tits.

Not sure whats so special about it.  What was so special about the stout they made for the first brew or a bock for the 2nd?