search

Author Topic: Saratoga Springs, NY  (Read 1034 times)

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
Saratoga Springs, NY
« on: September 30, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
My FIL is there now.  He's looking for a few stops to make for beer.  Any suggestions for him?

Offline bakes

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
Re: Saratoga Springs, NY
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »
Hmmmm... Best beer store is EBI, on the way towards Exit 15 on Excelsior Ave.  Roughly across the street is Olde Saratoga Brewing Co.  They are the east coast Mendocino brewery, but also do a line of their own Olde Saratoga brews that are pretty decent - the brewer (Paul McErlane) is solid and can occasionally come up with a damned fine and surprising brew - his first DIPA winter brew three years ago was stellar.

If he heads towards Albany, both Brown's (River Street in Troy) and Albany Pump Station (Clinton St. exit off 787) are firing on all cylinders and have some killer seasonals on right now.
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
Re: Saratoga Springs, NY
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
Hmmmm... Best beer store is EBI, on the way towards Exit 15 on Excelsior Ave.  Roughly across the street is Olde Saratoga Brewing Co.  They are the east coast Mendocino brewery, but also do a line of their own Olde Saratoga brews that are pretty decent - the brewer (Paul McErlane) is solid and can occasionally come up with a damned fine and surprising brew - his first DIPA winter brew three years ago was stellar.

If he heads towards Albany, both Brown's (River Street in Troy) and Albany Pump Station (Clinton St. exit off 787) are firing on all cylinders and have some killer seasonals on right now.

Thanks!