search

Author Topic: Plymouth, Massachusetts?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
Plymouth, Massachusetts?
« on: September 19, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »
The wife-unit and I are beginning to loosely lay our plans for visiting Plymouth at the end of September/beginning of October - well, actually Middleboro, but we will be staying in the Plymouth area.  The reason revolves around my never-ending search for LumDog II, as we are visiting a Cane Corso breeder in this area... but that alone will not take up much of our time

My question is this:  To those in the know of the area, what MUST we see and eat while in Plymouth?  Beer, food and history are being looked for here, and in that order.  Lodging, if anybody has a definitive place that must be stayed at outside the norm.

Oh, yes, we have plans to swing through Willimantic on the way or way back....  :pickle:

OK, enough of my blathering - hit me!
Wanna suck it?

ISO: Coitus Beard Chicken Milk Porter

Offline jmu500

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Quadrupel
Re: Plymouth, Massachusetts?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »
I dont have much info here but there are a few spots I am familiar with.

Mayflower Brewing Hours: (http://mayflowerbrewing.com/index.php)
Thursdays and Fridays 4:30PM to 6:30PM
Saturdays 11AM to 3PM

British Beer Company has a location in Plymouth, decent beer selection (should have a Mayflower beer on cask). Food is chain restaurant style.
http://www.britishbeer.com/local/plymouth/

There is a lot of history with Plymouth Plantation but I havent been since I was a kid.

I am not sure what you are looking for to eat but Fall River has a big Portuguese community (not too far from you) and you are pretty close to Falmouth and Woods Hole (30-40 minutes). If you opt to head north (30-40 minutes) you can hit Quincy/Braintree/Weymouth which has some good beer stores and places to drink.

Depending on your route the Armsby Abbey in Worcester is a good beer spot but is about 1.5 hours from Plymouth but should be on the route in. http://armsbyabbey.com/on-tap/

Offline BeerTruth

• Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »
The wife-unit and I are beginning to loosely lay our plans for visiting Plymouth at the end of September/beginning of October - well, actually Middleboro, but we will be staying in the Plymouth area.  The reason revolves around my never-ending search for LumDog II, as we are visiting a Cane Corso breeder in this area... but that alone will not take up much of our time

My question is this:  To those in the know of the area, what MUST we see and eat while in Plymouth?  Beer, food and history are being looked for here, and in that order.  Lodging, if anybody has a definitive place that must be stayed at outside the norm.

Oh, yes, we have plans to swing through Willimantic on the way or way back....  :pickle:

OK, enough of my blathering - hit me!

w00t w00t!!!  :pickle:

What day do you think you'll be heading through Willimantic?

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
We were at Plymouth Plantation (all though I think your little one may be too young for that yet) years ago with my kids I didn't have much time to do any beer related stuff and we stay north up in Salem area and didn't explore much in the Plymouth area....

Have a good trip...  :cheers:
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:14:56 AM »
Thanks Murph!  Armsby Abbey is now a must stop!  Deco, Lumspawn is being dropped off at the MIL's in Albany on the way through... my B-day weekend, sans kid, with Corsi and beer?  FUCK YES.  Throw in some seafood and the NE coast... I am in freaking heaven.

Adam>I have to finalize times and shit with the breeder early next week... I will then let you know when we will be swinging through - I would think Saturday... perhaps for lunch?  :ale: :cheers: :banned:
Wanna suck it?

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 06:52:21 AM »
Yeah I knew it was your B day weekend wasn't sure if it was a family thing or not... I drop my kids off as much as possible when I go out of town...  :)      :bag:

Offline bakes

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »
Thanks Murph!  Armsby Abbey is now a must stop!  Deco, Lumspawn is being dropped off at the MIL's in Albany on the way through... my B-day weekend, sans kid, with Corsi and beer?  #### YES.  Throw in some seafood and the NE coast... I am in freaking heaven.

Adam>I have to finalize times and shit with the breeder early next week... I will then let you know when we will be swinging through - I would think Saturday... perhaps for lunch?  :ale: :cheers: :banned:

Let me know if you have time for a pint or two and what day you'll be around.  Troy has their harvest ale on and it's freaking poundable.  :thumbup:
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 12:16:02 AM »
Thanks Murph!  Armsby Abbey is now a must stop!  Deco, Lumspawn is being dropped off at the MIL's in Albany on the way through... my B-day weekend, sans kid, with Corsi and beer?  #### YES.  Throw in some seafood and the NE coast... I am in freaking heaven.

Please dont come through on Oct 1st, i won't be around.  Next saturday tho, its on!

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
    • Say it loud, say it proud!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 11:52:01 AM »

I'm supposed to be pouring with Willibrew that Saturday at a fest in south eastern CT....but I'd much rather have Lumtime AT Willibrew :)  That does mean David (brewer) won't be there but oh well.

The Abbey is a must stop if you are even in that area.  I would also suggest a detour on the way there to Westborough to go shopping at Julios for beer, not gonna find a better selection in the area.
[younger35] 12:25 am: Just on weekends dick
[Squid] 12:25 am: you only have dick on weekends, younger?
[bakes] 12:25 am: Your dick wears a helmet on weekends?

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 12:53:47 PM »
Hmmmmm, perhaps we could swing through Willimantic on Sunday....
Wanna suck it?

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:04:37 PM »

I'm supposed to be pouring with Willibrew that Saturday at a fest in south eastern CT....but I'd much rather have Lumtime AT Willibrew :)  That does mean David (brewer) won't be there but oh well.

The Abbey is a must stop if you are even in that area.  I would also suggest a detour on the way there to Westborough to go shopping at Julios for beer, not gonna find a better selection in the area.

Just added Julios to the agenda  :thumbup:
Wanna suck it?

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »

Either sunday would work for me!  I just might be very hangover on Oct 2nd and still have mass quantiies of makeup caked to my face.

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »

Either sunday would work for me!  I just might be very hangover on Oct 2nd and still have mass quantiies of makeup caked to my face.

Me too!

I'll be topless as well...
Wanna suck it?

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 11:00:43 AM »
The wife-unit and I will be in Willimantic enjoying Willibrews and Willifood around 4pm, this coming Sunday, Oct. 2nd  :pickle:

Hope to see a few of you!  :cheers:
Wanna suck it?

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »
The wife-unit and I will be in Willimantic enjoying Willibrews and Willifood around 4pm, this coming Sunday, Oct. 2nd  :pickle:

Definitely in.  Bring a stein, Sundays are stein day!

Offline BeerTruth

• Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 01:34:48 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <deep breath> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!   :pickle: :thumbup: :cheers:

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <deep breath> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!   :pickle: :thumbup: :cheers:

Thiiiiiiis.  And as Allie mentioned, don't forget a stein!  However if you do arrive without a pair, they have generously sized ones to borrow behind the bar  :cheers:

Offline bakes

• Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 08:16:02 PM »

What's this stein day deal?  Any size limit?
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 09:53:48 PM »

What's this stein day deal?  Any size limit?

They'll fill a good 23oz of beer in a drinking vessel.  Most steins will be filled to the top, when smartass college kids come in with pitchers and stuff they limit what is served.

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 12:05:26 AM »

Thiiiiiiis.  And as Allie mentioned, don't forget a stein! However if you do arrive without a pair, they have generously sized ones to borrow behind the bar  :cheers:

:blink:  :lol:

I don't even own a stein... does that make me a bad beer-geek?
Wanna suck it?

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »

Thiiiiiiis.  And as Allie mentioned, don't forget a stein! However if you do arrive without a pair, they have generously sized ones to borrow behind the bar  :cheers:

:lol:

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »
hahaha no...  i didn't own a stein until i moved 1.2 miles away from willibrew.  i even think my stein isn't larger than 16oz, i just like to drink from it.

:bowtie:

Offline BeerTruth

• Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »

I have multiple, but it's pretty much mandatory seeing I've got German in me   :ale:

Offline bakes

• Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 11:35:38 AM »

I have multiple, but it's pretty much mandatory seeing I've got German in me   :ale:
:cheers:
Between my mom and me we probably have 30 to 40 of them, ranging for 25 cl to 2L, not including the 1683 2+ liter whopper.  :ale:

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »

i'm german too... hmm... i should probably have more.  i'm now adding stein purchasing to the big e shopping list tomorrow.

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »

i'm german too... hmm... i should probably have more.  i'm now adding stein purchasing to the big e shopping list tomorrow.

:kickrock:  have fun at that. 

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:01:24 PM by Naproxen »

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 09:59:12 PM »
No stein, but I did get super shamois, feathers in my hair and a new felted purse wallet thing.  I'm so stuffed, i don't think i will eat for days.

Missed you guys.  :(

Offline jmu500

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »
Keep an eye out for Mystic Saison and Notch Session Saison.

Mystic is new and this is their first batch. http://www.mystic-brewery.com/

The Notch Saison might be gone by now but is a really great saison at 3.8%.

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 04:33:15 PM »
This trip was a success in every facet!  :thumbup:

Thanks for all the recommendations and hook-ups :banana:
Wanna suck it?

Offline BeerTruth

• Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 04:50:54 PM »

Great to see the two of you!  And happy birthday you old fart   :cheers:

Offline bakes

• Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »

So did you find a puppy? 

Wish I could have made it over to Willi - was actually considering it until A. mom's house and B. a miserable cold got in the way.  :hangover:

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »

So did you find a puppy? 

Wish I could have made it over to Willi - was actually considering it until A. mom's house and B. a miserable cold got in the way.  :hangover:

We will more than likely go with this breeder - pup looks like a strong possibility come February of next year  :thumbup:
Wanna suck it?

Offline bakes

• Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »

So did you find a puppy? 

We will more than likely go with this breeder - pup looks like a strong possibility come February of next year  :thumbup:

Cool!   :thumbup:

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

So did you find a puppy? 

You MUST stop back through CT with you new baby come that time  :excited:

Offline Lum

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 11:56:04 PM »

So did you find a puppy? 

You MUST stop back through CT with you new baby come that time  :excited:

Hmmmm... that just may be doable  :thumbup:
Wanna suck it?