search

Author Topic: Bell's Brewing  (Read 6284 times)

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Barleywine
  • Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    • Craft Beer Time
Re: Bell's Brewing
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »
$14.99.  It was $12.22 on release day at Dennis Brothers.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

"Who cares how time advances?  I'm drinking ale today." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »
Hopslam Pricecheck
$15.99 for a 6-pack?

$17.99 in Indiana.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2010, 12:59:02 PM »
Hopslam Pricecheck
$15.99 for a 6-pack?

Is a GREAT price.
Quote from: J-Rod
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2010, 01:25:04 PM »
That's 4-6$ less than we're paying in VA.

Offline chi_dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2010, 11:33:05 AM »
The new Whole Foods in Lincoln Park has HopSlam on tap for $5.  Pretty solid way to do some grocery shopping.

Offline NFLMVP

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
    • NFLMVP's Trade References
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2010, 04:41:58 PM »
The new Whole Foods in Lincoln Park has HopSlam on tap for $5.  Pretty solid way to do some grocery shopping.

:jealous:

I'd do all my shopping that way. 

And Welcome Aboard! :confetti:
Take good care of your beer and your beer will take good care of you.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline chi_dave

• Quadrupel
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2010, 06:07:33 PM »

:jealous:

I'd do all my shopping that way. 

And Welcome Aboard! :confetti:

Thanks - I love how my status as a newb is malt liquor.

Offline Phish

• Barleywine
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »
Any confirmation that batch 9000 will be shipping the first week of February? :popcorn:

Offline Dr. Rockzo

• Barleywine
  • The Rock'n'Roll Klown
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »
Any confirmation that batch 9000 will be shipping the first week of February? :popcorn:
:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

:popcorn:

“Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Offline chi_dave

• Quadrupel
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »
Just heard that the General Store is officially selling Batch 9000.  $18 a six pack; one case limit.

It can't get to Chicago fast enough.  Luckily I have in-laws in Michigan that can hook me up sooner.

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »
Just heard that the General Store is officially selling Batch 9000.  $18 a six pack; one case limit.

It can't get to Chicago fast enough.  Luckily I have in-laws in Michigan that can hook me up sooner.

yeah If I would of hung out longer on Friday I would of had some to bring back to Chicago... it was tasty on draft and that's all I'll need of it..
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2010, 05:01:48 PM »
Batch 9000 went on tap today at Tribes Alehouse in Mokena, IL last info I had said only around 30 glasses left in the keg

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
  • Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2010, 10:29:31 PM »
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

"Who cares how time advances?  I'm drinking ale today." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline beagle

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
  • DO NOT TALK BAD ABOUT SOCCER! SERIOUS BUSINESS!
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2011, 08:22:23 PM »
Per MLive/Kalamabrew

KALAMAZOO — Bell's Brewery Inc. is planning to install a 500-cans-per-minute canning line at its Comstock Township facility by spring of 2012 as part of an on-going expansion project, president Larry Bell said Wednesday.

By comparison, the main bottling line at Bell's, Michigan's largest brewery, runs about 260 bottles a minute.

Bell said bottles will continue be the container of choice for most bars and restaurants, but putting beer in cans opens opportunities in the boating, golf and sports venue business that aren't currently available.

"Right now cans are doing about 3 percent of the craft beer market," Larry Bell said. "They probably will skew a little bit higher in Michigan, we think, because the nature of drinking opportunities for cans in this state is greater than other states."

Bell said the final decision hasn't been made on which of his beer brands would end up in cans, nor has Bell's decided what size cans it would use.

Houghton's Keweenaw Brewing Co., which opened in 2004, was the first microbrewery in the state to can craft beer.

Rochester Mills Beer Co., of Rochester, and MillKing It Productions, of Royal Oak, are the only other breweries in the state to can.

Arcadia Brewing Co., of Battle Creek, and Brewery Vivant, of Grand Rapids, have purchased canning lines and plan to begin canning in April.

All your brews are belong to me

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2011, 01:02:03 AM »
Per MLive/Kalamabrew

KALAMAZOO — Bell's Brewery Inc. is planning to install a 500-cans-per-minute canning line at its Comstock Township facility by spring of 2012 as part of an on-going expansion project, president Larry Bell said Wednesday.

By comparison, the main bottling line at Bell's, Michigan's largest brewery, runs about 260 bottles a minute.

Bell said bottles will continue be the container of choice for most bars and restaurants, but putting beer in cans opens opportunities in the boating, golf and sports venue business that aren't currently available.

"Right now cans are doing about 3 percent of the craft beer market," Larry Bell said. "They probably will skew a little bit higher in Michigan, we think, because the nature of drinking opportunities for cans in this state is greater than other states."

Bell said the final decision hasn't been made on which of his beer brands would end up in cans, nor has Bell's decided what size cans it would use.

Houghton's Keweenaw Brewing Co., which opened in 2004, was the first microbrewery in the state to can craft beer.

Rochester Mills Beer Co., of Rochester, and MillKing It Productions, of Royal Oak, are the only other breweries in the state to can.

Arcadia Brewing Co., of Battle Creek, and Brewery Vivant, of Grand Rapids, have purchased canning lines and plan to begin canning in April.

Make mine Two Hearted.  kthxbai

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2011, 06:10:16 AM »
Per MLive/Kalamabrew

You have to figure that will be first.  I can't wait to send a few to Lum :ale:

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »
Per MLive/Kalamabrew

I would guess oberon would be first, but they would certainly have to consider doing two hearted in can as well.

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »
Per MLive/Kalamabrew

I would guess oberon would be first, but they would certainly have to consider doing two hearted in can as well.

This is what I was thinking.  If they are going to can two or more, I don't see how they won't choose Oberon and Two Hearted.  If they get on it before summer hits I'll be drinking a crapload of TH up north.   :thumbup:

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
Per MLive/Kalamabrew

This is what I was thinking.  If they are going to can two or more, I don't see how they won't choose Oberon and Two Hearted.  If they get on it before summer hits I'll be drinking a crapload of TH up north.   :thumbup:

Probably Oberon and Amber first.  I'd love to see Two Hearted, but I don't think it is produced in the same quantity that those other two are.

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2011, 02:15:57 PM »
Per MLive/Kalamabrew

Probably Oberon and Amber first.  I'd love to see Two Hearted, but I don't think it is produced in the same quantity that those other two are.

Amber's that popular?  I've never had one myself.  Anytime I see Bell's on the shelf, it's at least Two Hearted, and sometimes only Two Hearted.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2011, 02:27:16 PM »
Per MLive/Kalamabrew

Amber's that popular?  I've never had one myself.  Anytime I see Bell's on the shelf, it's at least Two Hearted, and sometimes only Two Hearted.

Bell's calls it their "flagship" beer.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »
in before the inevitable canned beer backlash

Offline beagle

• Barleywine

Offline pwoods

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2011, 09:40:30 AM »
Wake me up when they start bottling Wild One.

Offline beagle

• Barleywine
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »
Wake me up when they start bottling Wild One.

This used to be an everyday beer at Bell's but it hasn't been on tap in several months, not sure if it's due to them planning on bottling or what, but it is odd that they haven't had it in awhile.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »
http://www.mlive.com/kalamabrew/index.ssf/2011/06/special_beer_brewed_by_bells_b.html

KALAMAZOO — A special beer will be on tap this weekend when Greensky Bluegrass takes the stage to celebrate the seasonal opening of Bell's Eccentric Cafe's Beer Garden.

The beer was inspired by the Kalamazoo band, according to Bell’s marketing director Laura Bell.

All Four Ale is “a dry-hopped pale IPA with all Nelson Sauvin hops,” she said.

Nelson Sauvin hops are from New Zealand and known for their fruitiness.

The beer was brewed in part by Amy Hoffman, Bell’s book­ing agent and wife of Greensky Bluegrass lead singer and man­dolin player Paul Hoffman.

This will be the seventh consecutive time Greensky Bluegrass has opened the garden.

They will be joined by Colorado's Great American Taxi and Atlanta’s The Mosier Brothers this Friday and Saturday. For more on the band and how to get tickets, go here.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
They will be joined by Colorado's Great American Taxi and Atlanta’s The Mosier Brothers this Friday and Saturday. For more on the band and how to get tickets, go here.
[/quote]

went to HS with the lead singer of this band :thumbup:

Offline beagle

• Barleywine

Offline deepsouth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
i had one bells 8000 and just shared it with my homebrew club last weekend.
[]P [] []\/[] []P

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »
you know I am all over that Wild One release man it better not be one bottle limit 

:excited:

Offline beagle

• Barleywine
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
you know I am all over that Wild One release man it better not be one bottle limit 

They did have a bottle limit on the Van twee when that came out. :shrug:

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2011, 08:04:08 PM »

They did have a bottle limit on the Van twee when that came out. :shrug:

I assume a bottle limit but hopefully not just "one" long ride for "one" bottle

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2011, 10:54:07 AM »

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2011, 09:43:47 PM »

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »
http://twitter.com/#!/BellsBrewery/status/104562648212975617

after Mead is WILD ONE

I am driving to KZoo for a  two bottle limit  :excited:  :bag:

I had Brugge Spider and Wild One side by side and Wild One was kind of meager in comparison.

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »
http://twitter.com/#!/BellsBrewery/status/104562648212975617

after Mead is WILD ONE

I am driving to KZoo for a  two bottle limit  :excited:  :bag:

I had Brugge Spider and Wild One side by side and Wild One was kind of meager in comparison.

yeah well I can't get Spider in bottle or even on tap when I goto Brugge and I think they are two different types in the Sour category (not sure tho)

Offline beagle

• Barleywine
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »
Have to run to Kzoo tomorrow to watch a game in the afternoon. This means the General Store will be a mess, and if there was any Wild One left I'm likely SOL.  :sadbanana:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
*snip* from a BA thread:

"We are eagerly anticipating the completion of our new 200bbl brewhouse and hope to begin brewing on it sometime in early 2012.

What can you expect next from Bell’s you ask? Here are a few of the main points!

1. Continue meaningful growth within our existing markets: While we’ve been able to grow this year, there are still opportunities to satisfy Bell’s drinkers in the states we currently sell in. We will continue to maintain focused attention to our current market/Bell’s drinkers and work on getting them the product they’re asking for.

2. Careful consideration of growth opportunities outside existing markets: We appreciate hearing from Bell’s drinkers across the Country asking for us to bring Bell’s to their states, and wish we could please everyone! That said, we need to be thoughtful about our growth and expansion. We want to focus on quality of growth and take the time to enter a state with the proper resources, education, and partnerships rather than growth focused on quantity and volume. New states have not been decided at this point in time, but we’ll be sure to let everyone know when we know.

3. Continue brewing with innovation, creativity, and inspiration: Over the last 26 years, we’ve brewed a lot of beer! We’ve never been afraid to push the envelope in terms of style, flavor, and ingredients. For those of you that have had Eccentric Ale, you know what I’m talking about… We’re excited about the opportunities an additional brewhouse will open up for us, and while I’m not prepared to officially announce new brands, you can be sure we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeve.

4. The 750 program: The sky’s the limit with this program. We will continue to release pub only brands in 750s without a set release schedule. We keep this program flexible on purpose, meaning, for the most part, brands to be bottled are not determined until we brew them. So, much to everyone's dismay, there is no new info on a Black Note release at this point.

I hope that helps answer your questions! Thanks for supporting Bell's!

Cheers!

Laura S. Bell
Bell's Brewery, Inc."

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2011, 12:17:29 PM »
Some of this almost seems like a direct to response to how Founders is adding new markets while not satisfying their existing markets.

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
Some of this almost seems like a direct to response to how Founders is adding new markets while not satisfying their existing markets.
First thought thatcame to my mind as well...

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2011, 01:24:26 PM »

I really wish people made a bigger deal about this.  I feel like the only one bitching.

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »

I really wish people made a bigger deal about this.  I feel like the only one bitching.

I have always found therebeer to be average at best so it doesn't bother me :shrug: