search

Author Topic: FT: Locals, ISO: Pokemon cards :unsure:  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
FT: Locals, ISO: Pokemon cards :unsure:
« on: January 18, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »
I just spent the last couple of hours teaching my kids to play Pokemon, and dammit, they really like it.   :hot:

Unfortunately, they only have about 100 cards between the two of them, and those things are fucking expensive at retail.

So, if you have kids who have pokemon cards that have been played with and are no longer using, I'll take 'em.  I DO NOT CARE ABOUT RARES, VALUABLES, OR ANYTHING THAT IS "COLLECTIBLE".  I just want some basic cards for the kids to ruin.  A few hundred of various energy, basic, stage I and trainers would be great.

:bag:
Quote from: J-Rod
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline beagle

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • DO NOT TALK BAD ABOUT SOCCER! SERIOUS BUSINESS!
Re: FT: Locals, ISO: Pokemon cards :unsure:
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »
 :nerd:
All your brews are belong to me

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 08:23:51 PM »

The fact that he already had some Pokemon cards in his house made that pretty clear.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:35:06 PM »

The fact that he already had some Pokemon cards in his house made that pretty clear.

I have never played the game, nor collected the cards.  I have NO IDEA how my daughter got into it, but she thinks it's pretty cool.  She also plays one of the video games, watches the cartoons, and reads the books.  :furley:
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline stopbarking

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pale Ale
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »
No clue where my pokemon cards are but you can play the Game Boy game online...

http://www.playr.org/play/pokemon_trading_card_game/1368

Offline smellysell

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:20:13 PM »

I have never played the game, nor collected the cards.  I have NO IDEA how my daughter got into it, but she thinks it's pretty cool.  She also plays one of the video games, watches the cartoons, and reads the books.  :furley:

Javit› Nothing kills a boner like Jesus

braconid› I could have fucked her, but she was pure so I just went with the oral

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 08:17:59 AM »

I've also never played Magic: The Gathering, or any of those other CCGs.  I did collect the Star Wars CCG when it first came out, but that ended pretty quickly.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »

I've also never played Magic: The Gathering, or any of those other CCGs.  I did collect the Star Wars CCG when it first came out, but that ended pretty quickly.

Come over and I'll make you a deck  :nerd:

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »

I don't think there's going to be time for this at bracfest.

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 07:44:32 PM »
Are your kids still playing?  My kid has the new Pokemon Black game and is watching the cartoons at a near obsessive pace.  She saw the cards and wants them, but she's OCD like that.  She's 7, so I'm trying to gauge if she'll get it or not.  She's not getting the class strategies in the game yet, so I had to show her that water types are more effective than leaf types against fire types.

I felt really bad after reading what I just wrote :nerd:

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 07:54:32 PM »
Are your kids still playing?  My kid has the new Pokemon Black game and is watching the cartoons at a near obsessive pace.  She saw the cards and wants them, but she's OCD like that.  She's 7, so I'm trying to gauge if she'll get it or not.  She's not getting the class strategies in the game yet, so I had to show her that water types are more effective than leaf types against fire types.

Yeah, maybe you could've slipped the word "bukkake" in there or something.

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »

I try to keep kid and gorilla mask conversations separate :mellow:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 08:20:29 PM »

I try to keep kid and gorilla mask conversations separate :mellow:

jesus :lol:
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »

The girls still love the cards, but we haven't played very often. They like the characters and pictures more than playing. We have Pokemon Rumble for the Wii and that's fun too.

Look on Craigslist, i got a couple pretty good deals (350 cards for $25).

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »

The girls still love the cards, but we haven't played very often. They like the characters and pictures more than playing. We have Pokemon Rumble for the Wii and that's fun too.

Is that under nerd4nerd???

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 11:04:42 PM »

Is that under nerd4nerd???

Shit, is there a category for that?
* tangfoot begins takin notes.

Offline bakes

• Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 10:08:50 AM »

Should I bring along a deck or two for Bracfest?   :unsure: :nerd:
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 10:14:47 AM »

Drunken Magic nerds FTW!

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
I've got an entire storage locker full of this crap... I was a trading card dealer at one time, I made a shitload on CCG cards, but have yet to ever play a single game.  I could probably put together a sizable lot given a little time (which I have very little of at the moment), I've even got boxes full of original Japanese cards.
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline Apocalipstick

• Pale Ale
  • HEY!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 08:21:49 PM »

I don't know anything about Pokemon except there are cards all over the house....I would be glad to bring some to Bracfest.

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
  • The flightless waterfowl of your nightmares.
    • Birmingham Craft Beer Examiner (aka me!)
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »

I guess I fall into this :nerd: category as well.   :o:
22:56:51 ‹Javit› :EXCITEDBONAR:
22:56:57 ‹Javit› keep it up gilly, keep it up

Offline Beer Monkey

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »
My son was a huge pokemon nerd. He had tons of them and certainly many of the "rares".
Beer. It always seems like such a good idea at the time. What's worse is beer seems like an even better idea after you've had some beer.

Offline Ratchet

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Pilsner
  • t: @RatchetBrews RatchetBrews.com
    • Ratchet Brews
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »
I'll go steal my sons cards. I don't think he plays with them. If he notices them missing and ask, I'll just tell him I traded them for beer because I'm Father of the Year.
 :pickle:
t: @RatchetBrews
RatchetBrews.com
KnoxBeerCrew.com

Offline urbanhack

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline beagle

• Barleywine
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 12:08:57 AM »
I have no idea how this weird "game" works, but now my kids are in to it... I guess I can be a good father and trade some good beers for a good stack of these. They don't have to be anything "rare," just something my nerd kids will like. Let me know if you have a stack laying around and we can talk.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 12:43:41 AM »
:haha:

Offline beagle

• Barleywine

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 06:56:42 AM »

There are now a mountain of Pokemon cards in my house, not to mention the Magic cards :bag:

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord

Offline Men-in-Cleats

• TBS Founding Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »
My older boys had a ton of these but the little ones discovered them and like them.  I used to mess with the older boys and tell them how my (insert name of worthless Pokemon) would beat their (insert name of powerful Pokemon) and they would argue with me about how the one I named was weak and how its "whimper and cry" defense was not going to work against their fire Pokemon.  They would get so serious about it that it made it all the more entertaining.  The little ones don't really know how to play the game but they think the cards are cool.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »
i'm gonna go ahead and lock this one down, fellas
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 12:35:23 AM »
Have them start playing hearthstone..
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 01:40:19 AM »
Have them start playing hearthstone..

Or maybe go outside and play a bit
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?