search

Author Topic: Breckenridge  (Read 522 times)

Offline kpruim01

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
Breckenridge
« on: January 18, 2011, 05:05:31 PM »
Gonna be there the first week of February.  Anybody got any can't-miss bars? :yes:

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
Re: Breckenridge
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »
Are you flying into DIA or into Vail?

Offline kpruim01

• Double IPA
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 03:56:36 PM »
Denver and renting a car.

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »

That will give you more options.  Depending how far you want to go off course, you could take I225 to Dry Dock. Once there then you could take C-470 to I-70 and up to Vail.  There are few other options that I can run you through if you need/want more.  Vine Street, Rock Yard, Bull n Bush etc.  There are few bars around if you are not looking to visit breweries as well.

If you are not looking to get that far off course then down town Denver is (somewhat) on the way.  There are a variety of places to go from there.  Falling Rock is the best place for beer (but kind of snooty and pricey).  Wynkoops is good and close and Cheeky Monk has a great Belgian selection.  Great Divide too.  From down town Denver it is easy to get back on to 70 to go to Vail or you can take 6th. 

If you don’t have that much time, there is one place I would say is a must stop even with time constraints.  And that is Golden City Brewery (Golden’s 2nd biggest bewery).  You will have to drive into Golden and is a bit hard to find but great beers.  If you have more time and still want to hit up this area, I also really like Yak & Yeti too.

Once in the mountains

There are not many great beer places up in the mountains.  Dillon Dam is located in Dillon/Fraiser and I would say its a must stop.  Some other options include Backcountry and Pug Ryans.  And of course Breckenridge Brewery is worth a visit since you will be there.  Aspen Brewing is making good noise from peeps but only have tried them once at a beer fest (pretty good).  Not much for liquor stores (best to stop in Denver) but Antler Liquors and City Liquors are one's too look for.

Its been snowing like nuts up there recently.  If you are going skiing or boarding you will have a great time.

Offline kpruim01

• Double IPA
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:13:54 AM »

That will give you more options.  Depending how far you want to go off course, you could take I225 to Dry Dock. Once there then you could take C-470 to I-70 and up to Vail.  There are few other options that I can run you through if you need/want more.  Vine Street, Rock Yard, Bull n Bush etc.  There are few bars around if you are not looking to visit breweries as well.

If you are not looking to get that far off course then down town Denver is (somewhat) on the way.  There are a variety of places to go from there.  Falling Rock is the best place for beer (but kind of snooty and pricey).  Wynkoops is good and close and Cheeky Monk has a great Belgian selection.  Great Divide too.  From down town Denver it is easy to get back on to 70 to go to Vail or you can take 6th. 

If you don’t have that much time, there is one place I would say is a must stop even with time constraints.  And that is Golden City Brewery (Golden’s 2nd biggest bewery).  You will have to drive into Golden and is a bit hard to find but great beers.  If you have more time and still want to hit up this area, I also really like Yak & Yeti too.

Once in the mountains

There are not many great beer places up in the mountains.  Dillon Dam is located in Dillon/Fraiser and I would say its a must stop.  Some other options include Backcountry and Pug Ryans.  And of course Breckenridge Brewery is worth a visit since you will be there.  Aspen Brewing is making good noise from peeps but only have tried them once at a beer fest (pretty good).  Not much for liquor stores (best to stop in Denver) but Antler Liquors and City Liquors are one's too look for.

Its been snowing like nuts up there recently.  If you are going skiing or boarding you will have a great time.
Thanks for the tips man.  It is a boarding trip so I doubt I will be able to get too far off the beaten path.  Breckenridge has gotten over 50" in the last week!  I'm not neccessarily looking for the greatest beer bar while I'm there, just somewhere I could get a Boulder, GD, Odell's, etc..

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 02:20:06 PM »
Thanks for the tips man.  It is a boarding trip so I doubt I will be able to get too far off the beaten path.  Breckenridge has gotten over 50" in the last week!  I'm not neccessarily looking for the greatest beer bar while I'm there, just somewhere I could get a Boulder, GD, Odell's, etc..

You will have a great time.  And the its not looking like it will let up any time soon.

Breckenridge brewery is on the south side of town and they have food too.  I will ask around though.

Offline kpruim01

• Double IPA
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 03:50:50 PM »
Thanks for the tips man.  It is a boarding trip so I doubt I will be able to get too far off the beaten path.  Breckenridge has gotten over 50" in the last week!  I'm not neccessarily looking for the greatest beer bar while I'm there, just somewhere I could get a Boulder, GD, Odell's, etc..

You will have a great time.  And the its not looking like it will let up any time soon.

Breckenridge brewery is on the south side of town and they have food too.  I will ask around though.
I'm about a 2 minute walk from Breckenridge brewpub and the nearest lift!   :pickle: :pickle: :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:06:20 PM by kpruim01 »