search

Author Topic: NY/NE trip 1/28-1/31/11  (Read 1480 times)

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
NY/NE trip 1/28-1/31/11
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »
OK you damn New Englanders  ;)

Looks like with my health scare under control, I am a go for my trip out east at the end of the month. I have to scout three hockey games (one Friday night the 28th in Hyannis, MA, one Saturday afternoon at 4pm in Brewster, NY and Sunday morning at 11:30am in Walpole, MA). So I have to do some transporting between games but will have some down-time.

I'd love to get your opinions on what are the can't miss destinations I have to hit up while out that way, especially since I don't get to the East Coast all that often. I want to make a trip up to Portsmouth and maybe run over to New Hampshire and/or Vermont (Alchemist, White Birch, Hill Farmstead) if I can make it work time-wise. Obviously since I have to drive around I can't be pounding beers but would be able to have one or two when I stop.

Also, what should I look for in bottles that doesn't get out of that area too often? And are there some killer chowdown spots I should plan on hitting up?

Any info is helpful...TIA good peoples!  :cheers:

Offline beandip

• Trade Count: (1)
  • IPA
Re: NY/NE trip 1/28-1/31/11
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »
Believe Brewster is about 30 minutes north of Captain Lawrence in Pleasantville.  They're open every weekend for tastings and growler fills.  Usually have some bottles for sale too.

Another 10 minutes or so south is DiCicco's in Ardsley, pretty solid bottle and growler selection there.  Some things are a buck more than you see elsewhere, but the selection is outstanding.  They keep their inventory pretty up to date on beermenus, will give you a good idea of what bottles are in NY that don't get out your way.

http://www.beermenus.com/decicco-s-food-market

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:39:51 PM »
Believe Brewster is about 30 minutes north of Captain Lawrence in Pleasantville.  They're open every weekend for tastings and growler fills.  Usually have some bottles for sale too.

Another 10 minutes or so south is DiCicco's in Ardsley, pretty solid bottle and growler selection there.  Some things are a buck more than you see elsewhere, but the selection is outstanding.  They keep their inventory pretty up to date on beermenus, will give you a good idea of what bottles are in NY that don't get out your way.

Good stuff...thanks!

Booked my flight, rental car and hotel a few moments ago (flying into Logan @ 2:30p Friday, fly out at 4p Monday; staying in Waltham, MA, wanted to stay at one place and be somewhat "central" to where I need/want to go). Things are beginning to fall into place.  :thumbup:

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »

Captain Lawrence was definitely on the radar...hoping to find something tasty (and hopefully sour) while there!  :pickle:

Any other suggestions from the p-nut gallery?

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »
so if you are in walpole, you should be about 1.5 hours away from willimantic brewing company which is amazing and you should definitely stop by.  you can get growlers there but not on sunday (no buying beer in CT on sunday).  if you do stop by willibrew, let me know because i live a mile away and will meet you for a beer!

there are a ton of places in boston, but i haven't been up there in a while, so i can't really make any good recommendations... but julio's (store) won't be too far away from you and they have a great selection.

i would definitely pick up some pretty things and clown shoes if you are in the area.  i love both of them.

captain lawrence is a must...

and armsby abbey i think will not be too far away from you.  i haven't been yet, but i hear it's amazing.  it's on my list for february.

Offline bakes

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
so if you are in walpole, you should be about 1.5 hours away from willimantic brewing company which is amazing and you should definitely stop by.  you can get growlers there but not on sunday (no buying beer in CT on sunday).  if you do stop by willibrew, let me know because i live a mile away and will meet you for a beer!

there are a ton of places in boston, but i haven't been up there in a while, so i can't really make any good recommendations... but julio's (store) won't be too far away from you and they have a great selection.

i would definitely pick up some pretty things and clown shoes if you are in the area.  i love both of them.

and armsby abbey i think will not be too far away from you.  i haven't been yet, but i hear it's amazing.  it's on my list for february.

:goodposting:

Watch City in Waltham sometimes comes out with a killer brew or two, not a bad brewpub from what i recall and worth stopping at because, hey. you're in town!  If you get the chance to hit up Portsmouth,. do so.

Waltham to Waterbury VT (Alchemist) is a good 3 hours, maybe longer depending on weather.  As you'll be driving through Lebanon NH, a stop at Seven Barrel Brewpub would be a good halfway stop.  Keep in mind that Alchemist doesn't open until around 4 PM.  Once at the Alchemist, across the street and up a bit is a flyfishing shop and bar which will have Hill Farmstead and other local brews on tap, but you won't want to leave the Alchemist.  ;)  The route I saw also takes you through Haverhill (pronounced HAY-vrill) and The Tap brewpub. 

North of Brewster, towards Poughkeepsie on Rte 9, is Half Time Beverages, a beer store the size of a Rite Aid drugstore.  10+ growler fills and 1000+ bottles.  No idea re food in that neck of the woods.

If you're in Hyannis, may as well stop by Cape Cod Beer off of Iyannough Road - they may still have their winter ale on, which is a damned fine take on an old ale.  Also, Just Beer in Westport MA is just out of your way but they have a number of beers that look to be worth trying.  It's the former Buzzards Bay Brewery that was taken over by people who want to brew good beer rather than beer to a (light) style.  Should be able to find some Coastal Extreme cyclone series around - they're hit or miss but when they hit, they're good.  If you hit a Luke's package store, they have a good selection but check the bottle dates - it's like a rest home for old beer.  Food-wise, most of the places around Hyannis will be expensive for what you get or closed for the season.  I'd recommend either heading 20 minutes southeast of Hyannis and having lunch at Captain Parker's on Rte 28 on Bass River - trememdous New England style clam chowder - or 20 minutes east on Rte 6 to Orleans and eating at either the Yardarm (good food and a great place to hang out) or Land Ho (which has particularly good grilled seafood), both of which will have Cape Cod and maybe another micro on tap.

And if your travels take you through Albany let me know - there's a few places here!!! :cheers:
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »

Watch City in Waltham sometimes comes out with a killer brew or two, not a bad brewpub from what i recall and worth stopping at because, hey. you're in town!  If you get the chance to hit up Portsmouth,. do so.

Waltham to Waterbury VT (Alchemist) is a good 3 hours, maybe longer depending on weather.  As you'll be driving through Lebanon NH, a stop at Seven Barrel Brewpub would be a good halfway stop.  Keep in mind that Alchemist doesn't open until around 4 PM.  Once at the Alchemist, across the street and up a bit is a flyfishing shop and bar which will have Hill Farmstead and other local brews on tap, but you won't want to leave the Alchemist.  ;)  The route I saw also takes you through Haverhill (pronounced HAY-vrill) and The Tap brewpub. 

North of Brewster, towards Poughkeepsie on Rte 9, is Half Time Beverages, a beer store the size of a Rite Aid drugstore.  10+ growler fills and 1000+ bottles.  No idea re food in that neck of the woods.

If you're in Hyannis, may as well stop by Cape Cod Beer off of Iyannough Road - they may still have their winter ale on, which is a damned fine take on an old ale.  Also, Just Beer in Westport MA is just out of your way but they have a number of beers that look to be worth trying.  It's the former Buzzards Bay Brewery that was taken over by people who want to brew good beer rather than beer to a (light) style.  Should be able to find some Coastal Extreme cyclone series around - they're hit or miss but when they hit, they're good.  If you hit a Luke's package store, they have a good selection but check the bottle dates - it's like a rest home for old beer.  Food-wise, most of the places around Hyannis will be expensive for what you get or closed for the season.  I'd recommend either heading 20 minutes southeast of Hyannis and having lunch at Captain Parker's on Rte 28 on Bass River - trememdous New England style clam chowder - or 20 minutes east on Rte 6 to Orleans and eating at either the Yardarm (good food and a great place to hang out) or Land Ho (which has particularly good grilled seafood), both of which will have Cape Cod and maybe another micro on tap.

And if your travels take you through Albany let me know - there's a few places here!!! :cheers:

Thanks folks! Much obliged!

Really wanted to try and make the Southampton IRS release Saturday morning but don't think that's possible at all- just too much driving, especially since I'm just getting over my "issues" and don't want to spend hours at a time on the road (hence why I am likely not going to be able to hit any of the VT hotspots (Alchemist, Hill-Farmstead, Lawson's Finest) that I would love to make it to)- last thing I need is to have my leg(s) swell up again like they did two weeks ago.  :sadbanana:

May end up changing hotels to one in Burlington MA rather than Waltham...better to accumulate points with Hyatt or Marriott since Hilton takes so damn long to earn enough for a free night (even with their quad point promo going on now) with their points needed to earn a free night being so damn high.  :hot: Want to look at Hyatt now (usually do Marriott, but would love to get enough to book at least one night at the Hyatt Place in Mad-town for GToM this year, and strangely there are no Marriott properties in downtown Madison  :shrug:). Just a few more miles to the NE (closer to Portsmouth if I decide to head up there Sunday afternoon/evening).

TBE- I will let you know re: Willibrew. If so it will likely be Saturday evening following my game in Brewster while heading back up to Mass. Not adverse to a beer, but can't do much more than that right now (still adjusting to new meds, don't want to screw up my balance  :lol:).

Bakes- were I driving all the way, a few upstate stops in Albany and Ithaca would definitley be in the cards. However, since I am flying in it will need to be another time (perhaps on my way to pick up my Kate bottles after winning the scratch-off lottery  :thumbup:).

Offline BeerTruth

• Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 02:26:38 PM »
so if you are in walpole, you should be about 1.5 hours away from willimantic brewing company which is amazing and you should definitely stop by.  you can get growlers there but not on sunday (no buying beer in CT on sunday).  if you do stop by willibrew, let me know because i live a mile away and will meet you for a beer!

i would definitely pick up some pretty things and clown shoes if you are in the area.  i love both of them.

and armsby abbey i think will not be too far away from you.  i haven't been yet, but i hear it's amazing.  it's on my list for february.

Watch City in Waltham sometimes comes out with a killer brew or two, not a bad brewpub from what i recall and worth stopping at because, hey. you're in town!  If you get the chance to hit up Portsmouth,. do so.

Waltham to Waterbury VT (Alchemist) is a good 3 hours, maybe longer depending on weather.  As you'll be driving through Lebanon NH, a stop at Seven Barrel Brewpub would be a good halfway stop.  Keep in mind that Alchemist doesn't open until around 4 PM.  Once at the Alchemist, across the street and up a bit is a flyfishing shop and bar which will have Hill Farmstead and other local brews on tap, but you won't want to leave the Alchemist.  ;)  The route I saw also takes you through Haverhill (pronounced HAY-vrill) and The Tap brewpub.  

North of Brewster, towards Poughkeepsie on Rte 9, is Half Time Beverages, a beer store the size of a Rite Aid drugstore.  10+ growler fills and 1000+ bottles.  No idea re food in that neck of the woods.

If you're in Hyannis, may as well stop by Cape Cod Beer off of Iyannough Road - they may still have their winter ale on, which is a damned fine take on an old ale.  Also, Just Beer in Westport MA is just out of your way but they have a number of beers that look to be worth trying.  It's the former Buzzards Bay Brewery that was taken over by people who want to brew good beer rather than beer to a (light) style.  Should be able to find some Coastal Extreme cyclone series around - they're hit or miss but when they hit, they're good.  If you hit a Luke's package store, they have a good selection but check the bottle dates - it's like a rest home for old beer.  Food-wise, most of the places around Hyannis will be expensive for what you get or closed for the season.  I'd recommend either heading 20 minutes southeast of Hyannis and having lunch at Captain Parker's on Rte 28 on Bass River - trememdous New England style clam chowder - or 20 minutes east on Rte 6 to Orleans and eating at either the Yardarm (good food and a great place to hang out) or Land Ho (which has particularly good grilled seafood), both of which will have Cape Cod and maybe another micro on tap.

Really wanted to try and make the Southampton IRS release Saturday morning but don't think that's possible at all- just too much driving, especially since I'm just getting over my "issues" and don't want to spend hours at a time on the road (hence why I am likely not going to be able to hit any of the VT hotspots (Alchemist, Hill-Farmstead, Lawson's Finest) that I would love to make it to)- last thing I need is to have my leg(s) swell up again like they did two weeks ago.  :sadbanana:

May end up changing hotels to one in Burlington MA rather than Waltham...better to accumulate points with Hyatt or Marriott since Hilton takes so damn long to earn enough for a free night (even with their quad point promo going on now) with their points needed to earn a free night being so damn high.  :hot: Want to look at Hyatt now (usually do Marriott, but would love to get enough to book at least one night at the Hyatt Place in Mad-town for GToM this year, and strangely there are no Marriott properties in downtown Madison  :shrug:). Just a few more miles to the NE (closer to Portsmouth if I decide to head up there Sunday afternoon/evening).

TBE- I will let you know re: Willibrew. If so it will likely be Saturday evening following my game in Brewster while heading back up to Mass. Not adverse to a beer, but can't do much more than that right now (still adjusting to new meds, don't want to screw up my balance  :lol:).

Bakes- were I driving all the way, a few upstate stops in Albany and Ithaca would definitley be in the cards. However, since I am flying in it will need to be another time (perhaps on my way to pick up my Kate bottles after winning the scratch-off lottery  :thumbup:).

Aliza and I will be at Willibrew on Saturday   :thumbup:  My good buddy from home is coming out this weekend and we have to show him the best beer destination in CT.

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »
so if you are in walpole, you should be about 1.5 hours away from willimantic brewing company which is amazing and you should definitely stop by.  you can get growlers there but not on sunday (no buying beer in CT on sunday).  if you do stop by willibrew, let me know because i live a mile away and will meet you for a beer!

i would definitely pick up some pretty things and clown shoes if you are in the area.  i love both of them.

and armsby abbey i think will not be too far away from you.  i haven't been yet, but i hear it's amazing.  it's on my list for february.

Watch City in Waltham sometimes comes out with a killer brew or two, not a bad brewpub from what i recall and worth stopping at because, hey. you're in town!  If you get the chance to hit up Portsmouth,. do so.

Waltham to Waterbury VT (Alchemist) is a good 3 hours, maybe longer depending on weather.  As you'll be driving through Lebanon NH, a stop at Seven Barrel Brewpub would be a good halfway stop.  Keep in mind that Alchemist doesn't open until around 4 PM.  Once at the Alchemist, across the street and up a bit is a flyfishing shop and bar which will have Hill Farmstead and other local brews on tap, but you won't want to leave the Alchemist.  ;)  The route I saw also takes you through Haverhill (pronounced HAY-vrill) and The Tap brewpub.  

North of Brewster, towards Poughkeepsie on Rte 9, is Half Time Beverages, a beer store the size of a Rite Aid drugstore.  10+ growler fills and 1000+ bottles.  No idea re food in that neck of the woods.

If you're in Hyannis, may as well stop by Cape Cod Beer off of Iyannough Road - they may still have their winter ale on, which is a damned fine take on an old ale.  Also, Just Beer in Westport MA is just out of your way but they have a number of beers that look to be worth trying.  It's the former Buzzards Bay Brewery that was taken over by people who want to brew good beer rather than beer to a (light) style.  Should be able to find some Coastal Extreme cyclone series around - they're hit or miss but when they hit, they're good.  If you hit a Luke's package store, they have a good selection but check the bottle dates - it's like a rest home for old beer.  Food-wise, most of the places around Hyannis will be expensive for what you get or closed for the season.  I'd recommend either heading 20 minutes southeast of Hyannis and having lunch at Captain Parker's on Rte 28 on Bass River - trememdous New England style clam chowder - or 20 minutes east on Rte 6 to Orleans and eating at either the Yardarm (good food and a great place to hang out) or Land Ho (which has particularly good grilled seafood), both of which will have Cape Cod and maybe another micro on tap.

Really wanted to try and make the Southampton IRS release Saturday morning but don't think that's possible at all- just too much driving, especially since I'm just getting over my "issues" and don't want to spend hours at a time on the road (hence why I am likely not going to be able to hit any of the VT hotspots (Alchemist, Hill-Farmstead, Lawson's Finest) that I would love to make it to)- last thing I need is to have my leg(s) swell up again like they did two weeks ago.  :sadbanana:

May end up changing hotels to one in Burlington MA rather than Waltham...better to accumulate points with Hyatt or Marriott since Hilton takes so damn long to earn enough for a free night (even with their quad point promo going on now) with their points needed to earn a free night being so damn high.  :hot: Want to look at Hyatt now (usually do Marriott, but would love to get enough to book at least one night at the Hyatt Place in Mad-town for GToM this year, and strangely there are no Marriott properties in downtown Madison  :shrug:). Just a few more miles to the NE (closer to Portsmouth if I decide to head up there Sunday afternoon/evening).

TBE- I will let you know re: Willibrew. If so it will likely be Saturday evening following my game in Brewster while heading back up to Mass. Not adverse to a beer, but can't do much more than that right now (still adjusting to new meds, don't want to screw up my balance  :lol:).

Bakes- were I driving all the way, a few upstate stops in Albany and Ithaca would definitley be in the cards. However, since I am flying in it will need to be another time (perhaps on my way to pick up my Kate bottles after winning the scratch-off lottery  :thumbup:).

Aliza and I will be at Willibrew on Saturday   :thumbup:  My good buddy from home is coming out this weekend and we have to show him the best beer destination in CT.

sounds like a par-tay!  i will wear a festive hat.

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »

Captain Lawrence was definitely on the radar...hoping to find something tasty (and hopefully sour) while there!  :pickle:

Any other suggestions from the p-nut gallery?

Make sure to check CL hours there not open very long on Friday night and Sat day. They more then likely will not have Sours as those are special releases and usually do not make it past the day they get released.

Cheers and Have a great trip!
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
Thanks Gary Mark! Thought maybe a bottle of Barrel Select may still be hanging around, but I really like Golden Delicious, too. So if that's on hand I will be happy.  :ale:

So it looks like another large weather event is heading that way this week.  :o HOPEFULLY it's long gone by the time I get in Friday.  :bag:

Any NEBC (especially IST) still hanging around on any shelves around there?

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
Haaaahhhh....  good luck with the weather, its been particularly stormy this season, like once a week.

Haven't been to any packy stores lately but I think that ist might be hard to find right now.  Goldstock is available at the brewery I believe, but no growler fills on Sunday.  :)

Offline jmu500

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 06:06:43 AM »
I'm in Lowell, MA which is about 15-20 minutes north of Burlington so I'd be up for a beer. When are you going up to Portsmouth?

Bakes has a good list of suggestions. There is a good beer store in Hyannis called grain and vine. I'd pass on Cape Cod Beer, everything I've tried from them has been below average.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:10:44 AM by jmu500 »

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »
I'm in Lowell, MA which is about 15-20 minutes north of Burlington so I'd be up for a beer. When are you going up to Portsmouth?

Bakes has a good list of suggestions. There is a good beer store in Hyannis called grain and vine. I'd pass on Cape Cod Beer, everything I've tried from them has been below average.

My Portsmouth run is likely to be Sunday afternoon after my final game.

I got in touch with someone from Grain and Vine on the other site, and will be making a stop there for sure tomorrow night (as long as I can even get into town). Damn weather...

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »

OK looks like I wouldn't be able to hit Willimantic until after 8pm Saturday evening. You guys going to be around there that late? If so I will definitely plan the detour and head that way from Brewster after my game is done (likely between 6-6:30).  :cheers:

Offline BeerTruth

• Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 11:50:51 PM »

OK looks like I wouldn't be able to hit Willimantic until after 8pm Saturday evening. You guys going to be around there that late? If so I will definitely plan the detour and head that way from Brewster after my game is done (likely between 6-6:30).  :cheers:

Wow I guess I can't read thread subjects and thought you were coming out last weekend.  I have to close this Saturday so I won't be getting out til 11   :thumbdown:  but I think Aliza will be around.

Offline BeerTruth

• Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 12:56:32 AM »
Wow, I also can't read my schedule.  I get off work this Saturday at 6 not 11 like I said above...looks like we can meet up   :thumbup:

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
Wow, I also can't read my schedule.  I get off work this Saturday at 6 not 11 like I said above...looks like we can meet up   :thumbup:

i most likely can meet up as well on saturday night as well.  adam, text me when you get there! :)

Offline BeerTruth

• Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 10:22:25 AM »

i most likely can meet up as well on saturday night as well.  adam, text me when you get there! :)

:cheers:

Offline Naproxen

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • Never Odd or Even
    • Say it loud, say it proud!
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 11:42:21 AM »

:hifive:
[younger35] 12:25 am: Just on weekends dick
[Squid] 12:25 am: you only have dick on weekends, younger?
[bakes] 12:25 am: Your dick wears a helmet on weekends?

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 11:59:20 AM »
Woohoo! Sitting on a plane in Chi-town ready to go to BOS. So I am a go as well! See y'all tomorow evening!

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »

:hifive:

i overly used "as well" in that post.  hahaaaa...

Woohoo! Sitting on a plane in Chi-town ready to go to BOS. So I am a go as well! See y'all tomorow evening!

sweet!  have a safe trip and see you tomorrow night!   :thumbup:

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
First day was uneventful but a loooong one.  :o

Heading out shortly for NY...Captain Lawrence, DeCicco and my game in Brewster before Willimantec!  :cheers:

Offline bakes

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 04:11:25 PM »
:popcorn:
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »
:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Sitting in Logan waiting for my 5:10 flight. Had a great time, Willimantec was a blast with the CT AAA  group (Allie, Aliza and Adam). DeCicco had a great beer selection but I missed their "bar" area  :bag:

Portsmouth on Sunday was a great time, the folks working there were just outstanding and made this out-of-towner feel at home.

Bought way too much beer! Not a bad thing, I guess... :cheers:

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 10:20:28 AM »

Sitting in Logan waiting for my 5:10 flight. Had a great time, Willimantec was a blast with the CT AAA  group (Allie, Aliza and Adam). DeCicco had a great beer selection but I missed their "bar" area  :bag:

Portsmouth on Sunday was a great time, the folks working there were just outstanding and made this out-of-towner feel at home.

Bought way too much beer! Not a bad thing, I guess... :cheers:

great to meet you and hang out!!  glad you liked willibrew... it is definitely the best place in CT.  hope to see you again soon!   :cheers:

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
Ended up bringing back a dozen brews and four glasses back in my luggage, plus shipped a 12-bottle and 6-bottle shipper full back as well.  :o

It could have been MUCH more...my wallet thanks me for not digging any deeper.  :bag:

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 01:03:13 PM »
Ended up bringing back a dozen brews and four glasses back in my luggage, plus shipped a 12-bottle and 6-bottle shipper full back as well.  :o

It could have been MUCH more...my wallet thanks me for not digging any deeper.  :bag:

nice!   and my wallet hates me from my recent trip to california...  i'm out of the purchasing beverages game for a little while. 

Offline ender

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
  • Location: Kicking your asses at SFV and have a summer home in pandora
  • Putting in the hardest work of all, caring...
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 02:08:10 PM »

seriously... no picture...  <_<
rhyder74 on ps4.

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »

seriously... no picture...  <_<

I probably should have taken one with the bottles strewn around the hotel room  :bag:

Once I get the FedEx shipments in I can try to recreate the mood.