search

Author Topic: Bootknocker Summertime Rye  (Read 1134 times)

Offline James Kitchens

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Barleywine
« on: November 25, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »
Got this one from Coldchill along with the Nucular Furley. Poured with a huge foam head, as it seems over carbonated at first. Probably just the bad pour on my part though. Once that settled down, you really got a treat, with the subtle fruit and ever-so-slight rye smell. Taste was exactly what the smell gave me to expect -- a little peach, a little rye twist and plenty of grassy and wheat flavor. Hops weren't too obvious, which is exactly what I would expect in something like this. Of the two bottles - this and the NF - I liked this one the most by a decent margin. Quite simply a seriously good summer beer, despite being tested over Turkey Day weekend.

Coldchill,
My friend who I split these with said that these were some of the best homebrews he's had and loved both bottles.

Good effort on both, but this one ranks a bit higher for me given the lighter feel of the beer.
"Tenny mucho mucho deniro in su trucky trailer?"

Offline coldchill

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old Ale
  • Foul balls are yours to keep.
    • Bootknocker Brewing Co.
Re: Bootknocker Summertime Rye
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:31:39 PM »
Thanks George, I'm glad you enjoyed them.  I really liked the Rye, too.  A simple, summer beer.  Not the normal hop bomb that I typically like.
"beaver butt is not kosher"