search

Author Topic: New Glarus Unplugged Imperial Saison  (Read 930 times)

Offline orbitalr0x

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Quadrupel
  • No sir.......I don't like it.
    • For The Love Of Beer
New Glarus Unplugged Imperial Saison
« on: September 15, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
Not sure when this was originally released, but my original review is from July 2009 so it's at least a bit over a year old now.

Cap comes off with a loud hiss and pours with a ton of carbonation still...big craggly ass white head that lingers on forever. Tropical fruit, apricot and sun dried grains with some  earthy/estery yeast as well.

Smooth with tons of carbonation upfront. Good mix of bright fruity flavors along with the yeast and somewhat of a tart twang that I don't recall being there previously. Overall it's held up without issue.

Still have another bottle of this that I might sit on for a bit longer....but it's drinking pretty good at the moment!  :ale:
It's better to regret something you have done, than it is to regret something you haven't done.

howardf says: it's rare that i don't have my cock in my hand, but whatever

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
Re: New Glarus Unplugged Imperial Saison
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »
Not sure when this was originally released, but my original review is from July 2009 so it's at least a bit over a year old now.

Cap comes off with a loud hiss and pours with a ton of carbonation still...big craggly ass white head that lingers on forever. Tropical fruit, apricot and sun dried grains with some  earthy/estery yeast as well.

Smooth with tons of carbonation upfront. Good mix of bright fruity flavors along with the yeast and somewhat of a tart twang that I don't recall being there previously. Overall it's held up without issue.

Still have another bottle of this that I might sit on for a bit longer....but it's drinking pretty good at the moment!  :ale:

Good to know Don, thanks. Have a few left myself.
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:08:50 PM »
I've opened a few in the last month. Damn fine and drinking spectacularly right now- I got lots of lemony goodness from it. Think I have one left- hoping to find a four pack or two on my trek this weekend.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »
Last one I had was like a tart orange creamsicle... much less estery and phenolic than my first bottle.