search

Author Topic: Yuengling  (Read 885 times)

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
Yuengling
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
Re: Yuengling
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 11:05:26 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/business/yuengling-molson-coors-joint-venture/index.html

Yuengling, the storied Philadelphia brewery, is headed west for the first time in its 191-year history.

News to me and everyone in PA. When did Yuengling become a Philly brewery? No wonder people don't trust the news anymore.

Not sure how many people care but Dick Yuengling has often broadcast his strong anti-union and Pro-Trump views.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 11:26:38 AM by beastiefan2k »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 11:11:17 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/business/yuengling-molson-coors-joint-venture/index.html

Yuengling, the storied Philadelphia brewery, is headed west for the first time in its 191-year history.

News to me and everyone in PA. When did Yuengling become a Philly brewery? No wonder people don't trust new sources anymore.

Not sure how many people care but Dick Yuengling has often broadcast his strong anti-union and Pro-Trump views.

Yeah, I won't be buying any. Wonder if this is related to keg sales being down.

Offline Murphadam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • You're Awesome
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 12:21:03 PM »
Is there really pent up demand for Yuengling in Chicago, California, Denver, Seattle etc?  Maybe ten years ago but now?  I think they're going to have to sell it at PBR prices, not Bud Light prices, to make a dent.  And definitely not "craft" premium prices. 

Offline beastiefan2k

• Double IPA
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 02:57:27 PM »
Is there really pent up demand for Yuengling in Chicago, California, Denver, Seattle etc?  Maybe ten years ago but now?  I think they're going to have to sell it at PBR prices, not Bud Light prices, to make a dent.  And definitely not "craft" premium prices.
I think there will be a novelty aspect. Plus, Yuengling is trying to compete with the macros rather than micros. Frankly, I don't know what drives that crowd. Yuengling has a much more 'Merican vibe than the competitors nowadays. They aren't playing the low cal/active beer game either. FWIW, when I was in college Yuengling was the mid-tier macro to go for, which doesn't seem like a very competitive space.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Double IPA
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »
I also bet Molson/Coors has excessive capacity while contract brewing doesn't open Yuengling to a lot of risk.

Offline Murphadam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • You're Awesome
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 03:03:39 PM »
I think there will be a novelty aspect. Plus, Yuengling is trying to compete with the macros rather than micros. Frankly, I don't know what drives that crowd. Yuengling has a much more 'Merican vibe than the competitors nowadays. They aren't playing the low cal/active beer game either. FWIW, when I was in college Yuengling was the mid-tier macro to go for, which doesn't seem like a very competitive space.

I'd say 95% of the Yuengling I've ever drank was at the dive bars near my inlaws in Florida.  It was everywhere on draft and same price as Bud Light.  I don't think about it any other time but was pleasantly reminded when I could get an OK tasting beer for $3.

Offline Westside Threat

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 05:31:01 PM »
Unless someone came from the east coast, nobody on the west coast knows what Yuengling is.  Its not going to get bought, ever if they buy taps at bars
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?