search

Author Topic: Deschutes  (Read 2655 times)

Offline KingG

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
    • Bine & Vine Bottle Shop
Deschutes
« on: November 01, 2007, 04:25:32 PM »
Just talked to my salesman and he told me Deschutes The Abyss will "probably make it's way to San Diego in late November."

I told him i want 20 cases as soon as it's available.  :pickle:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
Re: Deschutes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:41:35 PM »
Just talked to my salesman and he told me Deschutes The Abyss will "probably make it's way to San Diego in late November."

I told him i want 20 cases as soon as it's available.  :pickle:

Mark me down for a case.

Offline Duckboy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:54:56 PM »
Time to go on the lookout...

Feel free to support our local beer sales teams; if he runs out, I'll see what I can do for people.  I'll be slugging away 2-6 cases, price dependent.

Offline Fro

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Quadrupel
  • freshness
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:46:43 PM »
I'll take a case
You can feel good

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 12:40:21 PM »
hmm i wouldnt mind one(case)
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 06:24:55 PM »
Well, it's 100% for sure The Abyss is coming to San Diego and I've been told 20 cases "won't be a problem."

:pickle:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline beagle

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • DO NOT TALK BAD ABOUT SOCCER! SERIOUS BUSINESS!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 06:30:58 PM »
Well, it's 100% for sure The Abyss is coming to San Diego and I've been told 20 cases "won't be a problem."

Are you willing/able to sell a case? If so, wtf is the shipping cost for that?
All your brews are belong to me

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 06:33:26 PM »

Zip code?

It's being released the first week of December and it won't be cheap: $10 per bottle.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline beagle

• Barleywine
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »

Zip code?

It's being released the first week of December and it won't be cheap: $10 per bottle.

just wondering what the cost would be first. Not 100% that I want that many yet, but if the price is right...

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 06:55:15 PM »
Joey, as we talked about earlier, put me down for a case.

Offline Duckboy

• Quadrupel
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »
10 bucks a bottle is what I'm hearing as well.  I'll probably grab 3 cases if I can, which will give me about 18 bottles I can ship out.  Large quantities though, please support our local beer store guy  :thumbup:

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 07:34:16 PM »

Zip code?

just wondering what the cost would be first. Not 100% that I want that many yet, but if the price is right...
12 - Deschutes = $120
+
CRV = $0.60
+
Packing materials = $12
+
Shipping = $32.80 (32lbs)
--------------------------
Estimated Grand Total = $165.40
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 07:34:35 PM »
Joey, as we talked about earlier, put me down for a case.
Done deal.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 11:39:19 PM »
Just want everyone to know that if they want The Abyss I can hook all you guys up with as much as you want.

I just upped my order to 25-30 cases.  :pickle:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline beagle

• Barleywine
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 11:41:57 PM »
Just want everyone to know that if they want The Abyss I can hook all you guys up with as much as you want.

Sweet!

My Mom just asked what I want for xmas, I said, I want you to buy from KingG! :ok:

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 11:45:42 PM »

Sweet!

My Mom just asked what I want for xmas, I said, I want you to buy from KingG! :ok:
I'll take care of all TBS members first.  :thumbup:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
Looks like the Abyss has been delayed till January 14th: http://www.belmont-station.com/2007/11/quick-note-abyss-release-date.html 
:wall:

But that Flemish Sour sounds interesting.  :excited:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 10:16:47 PM »
Looks like the Abyss has been delayed till January 14th: http://www.belmont-station.com/2007/11/quick-note-abyss-release-date.html 

As long as you still get 20-30 cases, it's well worth waiting for.

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »

I was told yesterday, again, I'm a ensured 20 cases of it but 25-30 seems "likely."
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Duckboy

• Quadrupel
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 03:33:31 PM »

I was told yesterday, again, I'm a ensured 20 cases of it but 25-30 seems "likely."

I'm betting you have no issue getting cases.  50,000 bottles produced from what I have heard.  Will be out Januray 14th.

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 04:08:21 PM »

I'm betting you have no issue getting cases.  50,000 bottles produced from what I have heard.  Will be out Januray 14th.
Yea i talked to the local Deschutes guy here recently and he told me he's upping his order for San Diego because of the demand. I know of 4 beer bars here in SD getting multiple kegs of it as well.

Now I'm hoping we'll see some Dissident make it down here too. What are you hearing up there on that one, DB?

BTW, Big props to Deschutes for seeing the popularity and demand for The Abyss last year and upping availability this time around.  :thumbup:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »
The Official Deschutes Brewery Newsletter
Winter 2008 Vol. 20 No. 1

WHAT’S ON TAP
Buzzsaw Brown. After a successful introduction into the seasonal rotation two years ago, Buzzsaw Brown’s release has been moved from early spring to late winter. This remarkable brown ale is chestnut in color with a medium body and satisfying mouthfeel. With a slightly sweet, biscuity flavor and mellow hop profile, Buzzsaw Brown is an easy drinking beer that is refreshing even after the hardest day’s work.

“Buzzsaw Brown is one of my favorite beers,” says Deschutes Brewery Brewmaster Larry Sidor. “The unique combination of European and American malts makes it a very food friendly beer that pairs well with a wide variety of flavors.”

Deschutes Brewery and Public House Head Chef Matt Neltner recommends pairing Buzzsaw Brown with winter squash and pumpkin flavors, especially seasonal soups or pies, to bring out the beer’s sweet and light flavor profile.

Green Lakes Organic Ale. Deschutes Brewery’s latest release in the Bond Street Series, Green Lakes Organic Ale, hit the shelves right around Christmas. “We have always been committed to sustainability and see this new beer as a natural extension of our interest in doing things the best way possible,” said Deschutes Brewery founder Gary Fish.

“Green Lakes is a classic amber ale,” noted Deschutes brewer Paul Arney. “We used caramel and Munich malts for a nice color and six different varieties of hops.” The reddish colored brew has a nicely balanced taste with a distinctive but restrained hop profile that includes Salmon-Safe certified Sterling hops.

No rock was left unturned as the brewers searched the world for the best available organic ingredients. In fact, Deschutes brewmaster, Larry Sidor, has spent the past four years looking for organic barley to meet Deschutes criteria. “Conventional and organic barleys roast differently,” says Sidor. “We knew we wanted to create an organic beer that had the same signature flavor complexity which also honored the respect for traditional brewing that Deschutes is known for, but -- we had no idea what an adventure this process would be.”

After working with Oregon Tilth for nearly six months, Deschutes Brewery received organic certification for its 50 barrel brew house. The brew house, built in Oregon by JV Northwest, was the anchor of the brewing facility built in 1993 that expanded the operation outside of the original brewery and public house. After brewing 20,000 batches of beer, it now meets the stringent standards of the National Organic Program.

Green Lakes launches in 22-ounce bottles only but will be available in most western states. Then in March, it will be available year-round in 6-packs but only in OR, WA, ID, MT & AK.

The Abyss. If your favorite beer-lover is missing on January 14th…don’t panic. They’re probably just one of the many enthusiasts anxiously waiting in line for the release of Deschutes Brewery’s The Abyss.

This exceptionally popular imperial stout, aged in French oak, pinot noir, and bourbon barrels since March, has immense depth with its rich and complex flavors. True to its name, subtle notes of coffee, chocolate, molasses and licorice pull you in deeper and deeper. Cherry bark and vanilla bean added during the dry-hopping process are the proverbial “cherry on top”!

Early December was originally publicized as the release date for the 2007 version of The Abyss. Perfection cannot be rushed though. Emails from excited fans continue to flood the Brewery asking, “When is it coming and where can I get it?”

“The Abyss has developed somewhat of a cult following,” reveals Deschutes Brewery’s Jason Randles. “In fact, we’ve had reports from some bottle shops where six or seven cases have already been reserved through single bottle orders.”

In addition to being a beer aficionado’s favorite, The Abyss has been showered with industry and consumer awards: the “Best Stout in the World” by Men’s Journal’s October 2007 issue, Top 10 on BeerAdvocate.com’s World’s Best rankings, “Gold Medal Imperial Stout” at the 2007 Great American Beer Festival, and “Best Beer Above 7%, International Champion Beer & Supreme Champion” at the 2007 International Beer Challenge.

“The Abyss was one of those beers I didn’t want to end,” said beer writer and Men’s Journal contributor Christian DeBenedetti. “I was totally blown away - this is precious stuff.”

UPCOMING BREWS
Available only at our Public House in Bend, Oregon
Saison De la Bond
Wolf Mt. Wit - Belgian style wheat
Double Black - Double version of the Black Butte Porter
Rootin’ Tootin’ Low Gluten Ale - sorghum base low gluten beer with Crystal Hops
Horse Ridge IPA
Double Red - Double version of our Cinder Cone Red
Simple Beer - this beer uses all the core ingredients for beer-1 hop,1 malt, 1 yeast, and of course one source of water
St. Abe Belgian Noel - High alcohol Belgian dark beer using coco, juajillo peppers, and candied sugar
Ubër Pils - Higher alcohol version of a traditional German Pilsner
Lupulin Pale - a pale ale made with all lupulin

PORTLAND PUB UPDATE
The construction on the Portland pub is in full swing. The roof is on, the concrete has been poured, the historically accurate windows are being replaced and the framing for the walls is under way. We have our beautiful, shiny Kaspar-Schultz 21 barrel brew system all ready to go here in Bend and will be trucking it over at the beginning of the year. Our brewer, Cam O’Connor, says we’re going to make some really good beer. We’re excited about the progress and are still shooting for a spring opening. In order to keep you posted we now have a Portland Pub page on our web site with all of the latest photos and news links.

Interested in working at the new Portland pub? Check out the employment page of our web site or send your resume to careers@deschutesbrewery.com.

FROM THE PUB KITCHEN
Irish-Stout Sausage (Links)

Makes 40 lbs

40 lbs ground pork
¼ oz ground sage
¼ oz ground ginger
¼ oz nutmeg
¼ oz mace
1 T ground white pepper
¼ cup kosher salt
2 cups Obsidian Stout

Mix ingredients together in Hobart mixer until thoroughly blended. Check for seasoning. Put into hog casings and hot smoke until internal temperature reaches 145F.

UPCOMING EVENTS
5th Annual Crabfest
January 25th & 26th
Starts at 6:00 pm
Live music performed by Bill Keale.
Tickets are $75 per person, and include all the beer, wine, and crab you can eat (of course gratuity, too).
Appetizer: Fresh Oyster Bar
Appetizer: Chorizo Sausage Stuffed Squid
Salad: Smoked Sea bass Salad
Ale Crab Boil: Cracked Dungeness Crab Legs, Peel & Eat Prawns, Kielbasa Sausage, New Potatoes - French Loaves, drawn butter & Fresh Lemon
Dessert: Key Lime Pie

Liberty Bank Winterfest
Deschutes Brewery is the official beer sponsor once again for the LibertyBank Bend WinterFest presented by Les Schwab held in downtown Bend taking place Friday, February 8th through Sunday, February 10, 2008.

Created as a way to celebrate arts, culture and winter sports in Central Oregon; WinterFest offers fun for everyone.

For a complete list of WinterFest activities please visit www.bendwinterfest.com.

2nd Annual Poker Run
Click on the logo for all of the details

MIKE’S ANGLE
In 2008 you’ll see the release of our first certified organic beer, Green Lakes Ale. The name comes from an area in the Three Sisters Wilderness. No one is sure exactly how many green lakes there are, as it is a magical place inhabited by fairies. It is said that if you follow the tinkling of the fairy bells, you will find a peaceful glade and slumber while dreaming of really good things; kind of the same result you can achieve with a couple of beers. Green Lakes is an amber ale. Most brewers make amber ale by using a bit of dark malt; we use actual amber. In fact, Alicia in the lab discovered an ancient mosquito encased in amber and successfully cloned a race of miniature dinosaurs.

There have been a few changes since we’ve been certified organic. For example, Paul Arney, who did the certification work, has grown his hair down past his shoulders and has recently taken to braiding flowers into it. There are several restrictions that arise in an organic brewhouse: All of the malt must be transported in a 1969 VW Microbus with a “Question Authority” bumper sticker. The brewers now wear tie-dyed bell bottomed jumpsuits and have adopted nicknames like “Earth Flower” and “Rainbow Muffin”. The brewery is festooned with hanging crystals, black lights and lava lamps. We have a resident druid priest named “Bob”. We brew to the music of Joan Baez, the Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell. The greeting of the day has changed from “Hey, how’s it going?” to “Peace, man.” The brewers are mostly barefoot, which is a safety hazard because of the hot liquid and moving parts, not to mention the miniature dinosaurs running all over the place. And there has been a general feeling of love throughout the operation. We hope you feel it when you try the beer.

Peace, man.

NEW TAP HANDLES
A couple of months ago Deschutes Brewery unveiled its new Black Butte Porter and Mirror Pond Pale Ale tap handles in Oregon and Washington after having the same classic handle for over 10 years. Look for new Inversion IPA and seasonal handles at your favorite water holes soon.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline faro

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 03:47:15 PM »
In for a case, too.

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 05:02:52 PM »
This past week i was told only 75 cases of Abyss will be making their way down to San Diego. That's bad news for the 30 cases taht they promised me.

I'm going to talk to the Deschutes SD rep this week and let him know that I'm personally guaranteeing them I'll buy 30 cases. I mean, how can they say 'no' to that?
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
Ok, here's the scoop:
I just got off the phone with the area rep, he told me no one's getting more than 10-12 cases of this stuff in SD because he has to spread the wealth.  :hot: If this is the case for my store as well, I'm going to have to limit how many each person gets.
Supposedly he tried getting the brewery to send more but they refused.
So much for that "30 cases no problem," 'promise.'  >:(

In other news:
Dissident won't be coming to SD this time around.

Their Organic Amber Ale is arriving soon.

In June, for their 20th Anniversary, they're bottling a "Double Black Butte Porter," I told him I'd buy a ton of it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:13:51 PM by KingG »
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline faro

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
 :thumbdown:

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Duckboy

• Quadrupel
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 05:10:30 PM »
I'll see what I can do to make up for people.  Plan on grabbing what I can, but may be limits for me as well, and if there are larger deals, may have to go with $.

Offline k3n

• Pilsner
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
Funny, I spoke with my Deschutes guy today as well.

He mentioned that LA/OC would probably be getting 2 pallets of Abyss, total, and that was going to be the typical shipment per market area, so I imagine it'll go pretty quickly out of the distributor's hands.

As for the Green Lakes Organic, he told me it was being rolled out slowly in local areas first. They're babying the release simply b/c it's their first organic beer, and they're waiting for feedback before the release goes very wide. He estimated Feb for that on in southern CA.

He also agreed to host a tasting at my place at the end of January.  ;D

Offline Duckboy

• Quadrupel
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »
Not sure what availability is going to be at this point (most of the stores in my area are getting 10 for smaller, up to 30 or so for larger), but if KingG/maltandvine can't handle everything (or you only want a bottle or 2) let me know and I'll see what I can do.  I expect most places will be out by the end of the weekend though, so the quicker may be better.

Offline Duckboy

• Quadrupel

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 08:53:35 PM »
Friday morning 9:46am - Newsletter sent
Friday afternoon 12:04 - SOLD OUT 60 bottles, one bottle limit per person

More should coming soon though.

Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline k3n

• Pilsner
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »
Friday morning 9:46am - Newsletter sent
Friday afternoon 12:04 - SOLD OUT 60 bottles, one bottle limit per person

More should coming soon though.

Holy crap!

I still haven't seen my share here in OC....I'm hoping I don't get shafted simply because my delivery day is early in the week...

Offline Fro

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Quadrupel
  • freshness
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2008, 03:30:44 AM »
Just found a store here in SF and bought a case. 
You can feel good

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »
PORTLAND PUB GRAND OPENING
Friday, May 2nd

The much anticipated opening of the new
Deschutes Brewery & Public House, located in
Portland's Pearl District, is just around the corner.

Deschutes Brewery & Oregon Trout
cordially invite you to a
Pre-Opening Extravaganza
Benefiting Oregon Trout

A night of food, beer & fun with all proceeds benefitting Oregon Trout!

Saturday - April 26, 2008
7:00 to 10:00 PM

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 12:39:03 AM »
Deschutes Black Butte XX label:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline nase

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »
Damnit, I dislike it when they don't do the electronic form.
[urbanhack] 12:17 am: i worked golf coruse maintenance in high school and used to masterbate to the women's league in the woods

bakes 12:05 am: I want to be under the desk munching away and see if they can still deliver the news with a straight face

Offline Kegergator

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Geuze
  • Your mom does
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 08:44:25 PM »
Damnit, I dislike it when they don't do the electronic form.

Harder to steal?

:coffee:
Everyone wants people they like to be right, that's why popular people are fucking dumb.

Offline proninja

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Pale Ale
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this brew.  Black Butte Porter was one of my first gateway beers.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 06:15:45 PM »
Hop Henge is getting a new look...

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 06:24:45 PM »
And Mirror Mirror is getting released early next year.

We should see some in SoCal  :thumbup:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2009, 11:53:59 PM »
From twitter...
DeschutesBeer   We are going international: Sending Black Butte Porter & Mirror Pond Pale Ale up to B.C. next week.

Pols>hey

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Barleywine
  • Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

"Who cares how time advances?  I'm drinking ale today." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »
Via Twitter:

We hope to be in MN this year!

Awesome.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 09:53:32 PM »
Via Twitter:

We hope to be in MN this year!

Awesome.

:thumbup:

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 04:34:02 PM »
JJ brought them to town it sounds like.  Should be available soon I'd assume. :)

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 04:36:49 PM »
JJ brought them to town it sounds like.  Should be available soon I'd assume. :)
Alright, this needs to stop right ####ing now!
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
StarWarsNerd brought them to town it sounds like.  Should be available soon I'd assume. :)
Alright, this needs to stop right ####ing now!

Fixed?
Quote from: J-Rod
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »
JJ Taylor

http://www.jjtaylor.com/
I know but the confusion when first reading it drives me NUTS :wall:
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.