search

Author Topic: Ballast Point  (Read 8643 times)

Offline Oxymoron

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
Re: Ballast Point
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 11:09:53 PM »
:cheers:Ballast Point has recently made it to NC and a blessed event it was - Cindirene's has it in eastern NC and proud of it

Welcome to TBS  :thumbup:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 11:19:41 PM »
:cheers:Ballast Point has recently made it to NC and a blessed event it was - Cindirene's has it in eastern NC and proud of it

Welcome to the site.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2009, 12:20:29 AM »
Happy Friday the 13th,

The other day a pal of mine from L.A. called me from an undisclosed bar in the Gaslamp District.  He said he had looked all over and couldn't find Ballast Point beer anywhere.  I didn't know what to tell him.  Downtown is for martinis and wine, I thought.  No more.  Two really cool spots have just added some Ballast Point favorites to their line-up.

First up is Gaslamp Tavern.  A really laid back sports bar atmosphere with really good pub grub at super reasonable prices.  Flat screens everywhere, and all the games plus a kick-ass Happy Hour.  Come by on Saturday night and watch the NBA Slam Dunk contest with a cold Ballast Point and some wings.

If you are in the mood for something a little more up-scale, The Cowboy Star is my recommendation.  This is a stylish chop house with an old west flare.  Leather booths and a fireplace give the place a cozy and inviting feel.  Their menu is filled with hand cut, chops of USDA Prime beef, from their adjoining butcher shop (open to the public).  If you are looking for a good steak and a good beer, go check it out.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for supporting local beer.  Cheers!

Gaslamp Tavern

868 5th Ave

SD, CA 92101

(619)239-3339

www.gaslamptavern.com

The Cowboy Star

640 10th Ave

SD, CA  92101

(619)450-5880

www.thecowboystar.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »
Okay then,
Last week we quietly rolled out some kegs of our highly delicious Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter.  This is a 10%ABV porter with Cafe Calabria coffee and pure vanilla added post fermentation.  Keep an eye out for it at all the cool beer bars in the coming days and weeks.  It is also available in growlers at our two brewery taster bars and 22oz bottles will hit the shelves in March.

As a special treat, we will tap a cask at the Scripps Ranch taster bar this Thursday Feb 19th.  We have prepared this cask with a generous addition of Scharffen Berger cocoa nibs to add a layer of chocolate to all that is there already.  We start pouring at 3pm and when its gone, its gone.  Come by on Thursday and hoist a pint of the good stuff here at the brewery.  We're open until 7pm.  See you here!

Ballast Point Brewing Co.
10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739
www.ballastpoint.com

Offline Westside Threat

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »
Okay then,
Last week we quietly rolled out some kegs of our highly delicious Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter.  This is a 10%ABV porter with Cafe Calabria coffee and pure vanilla added post fermentation.  Keep an eye out for it at all the cool beer bars in the coming days and weeks.  It is also available in growlers at our two brewery taster bars and 22oz bottles will hit the shelves in March.

As a special treat, we will tap a cask at the Scripps Ranch taster bar this Thursday Feb 19th.  We have prepared this cask with a generous addition of Scharffen Berger cocoa nibs to add a layer of chocolate to all that is there already.  We start pouring at 3pm and when its gone, its gone.  Come by on Thursday and hoist a pint of the good stuff here at the brewery.  We're open until 7pm.  See you here!

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739
www.ballastpoint.com

Will this be leaving the brewery?  I generally don't see the special release bottles up in LA
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2009, 11:51:41 PM »
Okay then,

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739
www.ballastpoint.com

Will this be leaving the brewery?  I generally don't see the special release bottles up in LA

Joey has it listed in his "coming soon" list so I guess it will have some kind of distribution but I have no idea how much will be bottled.  I hope the price doesn't exceed $8 because if it's as good as it is on tap I might be buying a few bombers.

Offline KingG

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
    • Bine & Vine Bottle Shop
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2009, 11:53:03 PM »
Okay then,

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739
www.ballastpoint.com

Did you see any Sculpin from the recent batch in late December?

If you did, you'll probably see some of the VaS
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 11:57:28 PM »
Okay then,

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739
www.ballastpoint.com

Did you see any Sculpin from the recent batch in late December?

If you did, you'll probably see some of the VaS

:no:

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2009, 01:47:44 PM »
Finally,
Dorado has returned to Ballast Point!

While the world-wide hop shortage is not over, our 2008 hop contract is.  Along with 2009 comes a huge pile of Crystal hops and a new release of our popular Dorado Double IPA.  We have been waiting for this for quite some time and are glad to be able to release 22 oz bottles for the first time in over a year!  These bottles will be available at our two brewery locations beginning Saturday 3/7, and all over town in coming weeks.

For those of you who don't remember, Dorado is a ludacrisly hopped IPA clocking in above 9% ABV.  To help celebrate this long-awaited release, we are going to tap a firkin at our Scripps Ranch location on Thursday March 5th.  In addition to the silly amounts of dry hops in the fermentation vessel, we have added four different hop varieties directly to the cask.  I'm sure it will go fast, so don't dawdle.  Get here as soon as you get off work.  In fact, don't go to work.  Come and get it while you can.  You smell what I'm cooking?  Cheers!

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
 :bow: :ok: :rock: :gimmebeer: :jawdrop: :explode: :deadbanana: :ohyeah: :beerbang:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2009, 09:33:45 PM »
Since it probably won't make it up to me....King G consider this my preorder. 

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2009, 09:38:22 PM »
Since it probably won't make it up to me....King G consider this my preorder. 
Let's hope i don't get the shaft and end up with only 2 cases. 

I spoke to the powers-that-be and made it clear i want 20 cases. Let's see what happens.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:03:44 PM by KingG »
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »
Unlike Ballast Points other dark beers, this one is actually phenomenal. 

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2009, 02:07:29 PM »
Ahhh yes,

It is on like Donkey Kong!  Our first ever brew battle is set to take place this Thursday, March 12 at our Scripps Ranch brewery.  As some of you may remember, a few months ago we brewed an Imperial Stout we called the Sea Monster.  This beer is so big and strong, it spawned a second runnings beer, The Power of the Schwarzbier.

Thursday afternoon you will have the opportunity to sample both brews side by side.   Who will be victorious?  The mighty Sea Monster with it's massive flavor and alcoholic strength.  Or it's diminutive progeny, un-obtrusive with a balanced flavor and smooth drinkability.  You will decide!

VS               

Power of the Schwarzbier                  Sea Monster Imperial Stout

Don't miss it!

And while you're here, you can pick up 22oz bottles of Victory at Sea and Dorado Double IPA.  They will soon be available at a market near you.  If soon isn't soon enough, get them at either of our two brewery locations now!

Offline Oxymoron

• Double IPA
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »
so this is a parti-guyle?

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2009, 12:36:18 AM »
Got plans for Thursday afternoon?  Cancel them.

We have un-earthed a Sculpin keg from the depths of the cold-room and decided that this Thursday, March 19th would be the best time to drink it.  Just because we love y'all, we added some extra hops directly to the keg.  2oz each of Crystal, Centennial and Amarillo to be precise (that's a lot).

Come on by and treat yourself to a local favorite.  But get here early.  A couple of weeks ago we tapped a Dorado cask on a Thursday and it was gone a little after 5pm.  We have a few extra precious gallons to work with in this keg, but Sculpin is very popular, so don't be late.  Keg will be on tap up here at Scripps Ranch when we open at 11am.

This may also be your last chance to purchase Dorado IIPA or Victory at Sea 22oz bottles here at the brewery, as they are almost gone.  Come see us. 

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »
You know what's really good?  Fresh Calico Amber Ale.

Here at Ballast we are proud of all the brews we make, but sometimes you get your hands on a glass of beer, take a sip, and say "Wow, that is really exceptional."  More often than not, when that happens around here, it's a Calico.  Fresh out of the tank, there is no finer beverage around.  We  want to share this rest of the world.  And we think this cask is the way to do it.

This particular cask was made from beer which is still currently in a fermentor here at our Scripps Ranch brewery.  On March 10th, a mere two weeks ago, this beer was grain.  As soon as fermentation was complete, we snatched 10 gallons and put it into a firkin with 2oz of Chinook hops and a small amount of brown sugar.  It then sat on our brewery floor developing natural carbonation, until this morning.  This morning we rolled it into the cold room where it will chill until 11am tomorrow.  That is when we will tap the keg and pour it through our beer engine until it is gone.  Those of you who can take the time to stop by here for a pint tomorrow will get to experience something that we, the employees of the brewery, have come to treasure.  Come see just how good fresh real ale can be.

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739

www.ballastpoint.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »
We make lots of different brews.  There are always at least nine different beers on tap at Scripps Ranch and up to 15 at any given time at our Linda Vista location.  Dry hopping, barrel aging and various other treatments sometimes allow us to make "new" beers from existing recipes, but it is rare that we produce something completely new.  Now is one of those times.  To celebrate, this Thursday 4/2 we will be pouring a Cask conditioned version of our newest creation:

Reef Rye Brown Ale

Deep brown in color, this beer is medium bodied with a pronounced hop flavor.  The really interesting part is that all this hop flavor is achieved without a noticeable bitterness.  The flavor of rye malt imparts a uniqueness to the brown malt flavor and is complimented by the dry hops and crushed coriander added post-fermentation.  The aroma is one you need to experience to really understand.

We have added a small amount of Goldings Hops to the cask, which we will tap at 11am Thursday at our Scripps Ranch brewery.  Come by and have a pint of our newest creation and let us know what you think.  All of our past Thursday casks have emptied before closing time (7pm), so don't miss out.  Get here as early as you can.

Also be sure to check out the SD Brewer's Guild website for details on cool beer happenings around town, including Ballast Point events.  Here's a link!
http://www.sandiegobrewersguild.org

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739
www.ballastpoint.com

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »
In order to help celebrate the re-release of Tongue Buckler, we have decided to tap a special cask this Thursday at our Scripps Ranch brewery.

Tongue Buckler Cask
w/ Ballast Point Spirits own Three Sheets Rum-soaked oak chips

This cask is pretty special.  For the past year we have quielty been producing distilled spirits for release in 2009 under the brand new Ballast Point Spirits label.  As we are nearing release dates for the first of our products, this will serve as a neat preview.  Come by on Thursday and check out this awesome brew taken to another level.

Oh yeah, there will also be some Piratey silliness happening in the taster bar.  Amber has a special outfit and there will be gold coins and eye patches and all sorts of other goofiness.  See you here!

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2009, 08:38:54 PM »
We are pleased to announce that Sculpin IPA has returned.  22oz bottles are available NOW at both of our two brewery locations.  Starting next week you should start seeing them popping up at your neighborhood stores, but if you have to have it this weekend, better get here tonight or tomorrow (closed Sunday).  It tastes nice.

We are also going to tap a cask (or two) at our Scripps Ranch brewery on Thursday 4/16.  It will no doubt be a packed house, but the only thing better than drinking cask conditioned Sculpin is drinking it with a bunch of other enlightened souls who are just as stoked as you are.  See you here.  Cheers!

5401 Linda Vista Rd.
San Diego, CA  92110
(619) 295-BEER (2337)

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)
www.ballastpoint.com

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »
We are pleased to announce that Sculpin IPA has returned.  22oz bottles are available NOW at both of our two brewery locations.  Starting next week you should start seeing them popping up at your neighborhood stores, but if you have to have it this weekend, better get here tonight or tomorrow (closed Sunday).  It tastes nice.

We are also going to tap a cask (or two) at our Scripps Ranch brewery on Thursday 4/16.  It will no doubt be a packed house, but the only thing better than drinking cask conditioned Sculpin is drinking it with a bunch of other enlightened souls who are just as stoked as you are.  See you here.  Cheers!

5401 Linda Vista Rd.
San Diego, CA  92110
(619) 295-BEER (2337)

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)
www.ballastpoint.com

:pickle:  Didn't get to try the last batch of Sculpin so I'll try to get some this time around now that my trading has cooled off a bit.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2009, 11:54:24 PM »
Time once again for a Thursday CASK!  This week featuring:

BIG EYE IPA!!

Come join us on Thursday May 7th for a Cask of Big Eye IPA.  Dry hopped in the cask with Crystal and Mt. Hood hops.  Everybody loves the extra dry hopped cask beers and this one is sure to be a hit.  Come by early so you don’t miss out.

Also while you're here, don't forget to try our newest special release Sour Wench Blackberry Ale.  Available only on draft, this fruity little number is very unique.  Honestly, its not very sour, more crisp and tart.  We soured a portion of the wort and added it back to the fermentation along with ridiculous amounts of blackberries.  The result is a beer that looks as pretty as it tastes.  Reddish purple and full of berry goodness.  Don't be alarmed though, it still tastes like beer.  So leave your prejudices at home and come try something different.  Besides, if you don't like it, there is still a Big Eye Cask.  Cheers!

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2009, 12:00:02 AM »
Dorado is coming back within the next few weeks.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2009, 12:26:58 AM »

:pickle: :cheers: :banned: :thumbup:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2009, 09:36:08 PM »
udging by the crowds in the taster bar on Thursdays, it seems like the town is getting used to our Thursday specials.  We love it when y'all come to visit.  We want to see everybody here tomorrow at 11am for the ever-popular:

DORADO DOUBLE IPA CASK 

Dry Hopped with Centennial and Amarillo hops, this cask is sure to be the BOMB!  It will also not last all evening, so try and get here early.

10051 Old Grove Rd.  San Diego, CA  92131

(858) 695-2739

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2009, 11:24:58 PM »

Getting 9 cases this Friday  :thumbup:
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2009, 01:06:51 PM »

Getting 9 cases this Friday  :thumbup:

All for yourself?!?!  Damn, Joey.  Drink up!   :banned:

;D  :P

Offline urbanhack

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2009, 01:46:51 PM »
:megaboner:
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »
Ever had a Black Eye?  Well maybe you have, but you’ve never had a

Cask Conditioned Black Eye!

For the first time ever, the popular blend is being poured from a firkin.  For those of you not familiar, a Black Eye is a mixture of our Big Eye IPA and Black Marlin Porter.  It’s one of those off the menu treats (like at IN-N-Out) that people order, but we don’t advertise, until now.  Some people like it with more IPA, some people like it with more porter.  You’ll have to try it a couple of ways and figure out how you like yours.  We opted for a 50 / 50 blend in this cask and dry-hopped with Santiam hop flowers.
We will tap it at 11:00 am on Thursday 5/21 and pour til it is gone.  See you here!

10051 Old Grove Rd.  San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-2739
P.S. Sign up to follow us at https://twitter.com/BPbrewing for up to the minute news on whats going on at the brewery!

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:32 PM »
Oye!  IPA lovers rejoice!  We are tapping a special double dry hopped version of our much sought after Sculpin IPA at our Scripps Ranch taster bar on this Thursday at 11am.  In addition to the copious amounts of Simcoe and Amarillo hops added to the fermentor there are Chinook, Amarillo, and Crystal flower hops inside the keg as well.  How do you make deliciousness even more delicious?  Add more hops.  Come on over and taste for yourself.  See you here.

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

www.ballastpoint.com

Offline urbanhack

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »
Oye!  IPA lovers rejoice!  We are tapping a special double dry hopped version of our much sought after Sculpin IPA at our Scripps Ranch taster bar on this Thursday at 11am.  In addition to the copious amounts of Simcoe and Amarillo hops added to the fermentor there are Chinook, Amarillo, and Crystal flower hops inside the keg as well.  How do you make deliciousness even more delicious?  Add more hops.  Come on over and taste for yourself.  See you here.

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

www.ballastpoint.com

:excited: :o :o:
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2009, 10:49:30 PM »
Barmy?  What's Barmy?  Well, the word barmy has two different definitions.  One is foamy or frothy, the second is crazy, looney, insane.  Both could pertain to the newest release brought to you by your pals at Ballast Point.

Back in the old days, most sailing ships had a barrel containing a fermenting liquid called the barm.  Not quite wine, not beer, but containing alcohol nonetheless.  Any scraps of fruit or grain, rotten or otherwise, were added to the barrel to keep the fermentation alive.  The barrel was topped with a churning foam and drinking of the barm was a simple pleasure enjoyed by hard working sailors trapped in tight quarters for long periods of time.  Perhaps the second definition was derived from a description of those who had over indulged.

The beverage these pour souls were forced to endure was most likely heinously foul.  So instead of a re-creation, we have come up with a delicious homage.  Ballast Point's Barmy Ale is a 10% ABV brew flavored with honey and apricot.  The alcohol is evident at the first sip, but the fruity sweetness makes this one sneakily drinkable.  It tastes really good, but is kind of hard to describe.

We have brewed a very small amount of this and will showcase one keg at each of our two brewery locations tomorrow, June 11.  Growlers will be available tomorrow only and when these two kegs are gone, Barmy Ale will only be available on special occasions at special events.  Come by tomorrow and be among the first to try this unique offering.  Cheers!

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »
Was that not the most beautiful weekend ever?  Freaking perfect.  Summer in San Diego rules!  Just to make it that much more enjoyable, we are proud to release our
Even Keel San Diego Session Ale
For those of you unfamiliar, Even Keel is a beer low in alcohol and high in flavor.  It has been called a 1/2 IPA.  It has all the dry-hopping and bitterness you love, but only packs half the punch of most west coast style IPA's.  3.6% ABV.
We have a firkin, dry hopped with Tettnanger hops, ready to tap on Thursday July 2nd at 11am.  Come by and have a pint, or two.  Cheers!
10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

www.ballastpoint.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2009, 06:48:48 PM »
Have you been by either of our breweries in the past couple of weeks?  If you have, you surely noticed the mess.  We have been undergoing re-models at both locations.  The work in Linda Vista at the Homebrewmart is still underway, and will be for several more weeks.  When it is complete, your homebrew shopping / beer tasting experience will be greatly enhanced.  Please bear with the hanging plastic in the meantime.

Up at Scripps Ranch we have just completed our renovation and have nearly doubled the size of our taster bar.  The new paint is dry and we are ready to pack the place.  What better way to get y'all to come visit than to tap a cask of our ever popular Sculpin IPA!  We open at 11am and this cask is sure to be empty before we close at 7.  So stop by, have a pint, and behold the majesty.  See you here!

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »
We have a fresh new Sculpin IPA cask ready to tap tomorrow at our Scripps Ranch location.  This one is so fresh that the rest of the batch is still in a giant stainless steel tank in the back of our brewery.  We will be empying this tank over the course of the next couple of days and Sculpin will start to pop up around town... for a while. 

22oz bottles will be available at our two brewery locations this weekend, and will be replenishing the shelves of your local bottle shop sometime next week.  This brew is everybody's favorite, and the bottles will surely go fast. The only way to make sure you are not left out is to come visit us this weekend.  See you here. 

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

5401 Linda Vista Rd.
San Diego, CA  92110
(619) 295-2337 (BEER)
www.ballastpoint.com

Offline funkinjeff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Macro
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2009, 03:57:49 PM »
I'll be there for the Sculpin cask.  My brother in law was just there, and they also have Tongue Buckler on tap at the Scripps Ranch location.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »
I know it's not beer, but it is Ballast Point...
Ballast Point Brewing and Spirits is pleased to announce the release of Old Grove Gin. Created with a blend of 12 freshly crushed botanicals and spices, Old Grove embodies the London Dry style, with an emphasis on subtlety and complexity. Ask for it at your local liquor stores, and fine bars and restaurants throughout Southern and Northern California. Always Check our spirits website for updates and new releases. Distributed by Young's Market.
Ballast Point Spirits
10051 Old Grove Road suite B 1
San Diego, CA 92131

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2009, 04:39:58 PM »
The Pint-Size Pour in the U-T Food section last week featured our Sour Wench Blackberry Ale and we have been getting lots of requests. In order to keep our good beer friends happy, we are going to break out one of the last of these kegs for our Thursday special up at our Scripps Ranch Brewery.  You will only have a couple more chances to try this one before it is all gone, so come by and have a pint of the purple stuff!  This one is a taster bar favorite, so there are no guarantees that it will last the whole day.  Make sure you prioritize, or you could miss out. 

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2009, 04:40:43 PM »
Anybody savvy enough to be receiving this e-mail knows the wonderful transformation that a beer can undergo during the barrel aging process.  Come be witness to this miracle this Thursday, September 10th, as we release our newest version of Whiskey Barrel Aged Sea Monster Stout.  We started out with a 10%ABV Imperial Stout and then aged it for over a year in several different types of whiskey barrels.  Our skilled brewer then artfully blended these barrels to produce this fantastically complex brew.  It will start popping up at local draft houses over the next weeks and months, but this is your opportunity to be the first to try something really special.  Don't miss it!

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2009, 06:49:11 PM »
Please have this at GABF :bow:
Gilly> this is totally murdering my unicorn blood boner

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2009, 06:43:09 PM »
Time once again for a Thursday CASK!  This week featuring:

BIG EYE IPA!!

Come join us on Thursday September 17th for a Cask of Big Eye IPA.  Dry hopped in the cask with delicious Amarillo hops.

While you are here, you can check our cool, newly arrived Ballast Point gear.  We have new beanies and hats along with Old Grove Gin T's and other assorted sundries.  We have also decked out our walls with some cool new art from Paul Elder.  Paul did the original paintings for all of our beer labels, and some of his other works are available for purchase here in our taster bar.

In case that isn't enough of a reason, right at this very moment the boys are hard at work bottling the newest batch of Sculpin IPA 22oz bottles.  They are available here starting now and will find their way to your local bottle shop in the coming days.  See you here!

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »
Ahhh Sculpin.  It just seems like we can't keep this stuff around.  Just as soon as it is bottled or kegged, it's gone.  Maybe it's because of all the love this brew keeps getting on the beer nerd websites.  It is currently listed as #12 on Beer Advocate's Top Beers on Earth. 

That makes it the top rated single IPA and the top rated beer from a San Diego brewery.  Considering how many great IPAs there are in the world, and the quality of the beers brewed by our friends around town, both of those stats make us extremely proud.  It's a good feeling, the love.  Thanks to all those who have taken the time to let the world know what they think.

Come by on Thursday and hoist a pint straight from the cask for yourself to see what all the hub-bub is about.  Then you can go to http://beeradvocate.com and make your opinion heard.  Can it really be better than Russian River's Supplication?  Better than Cantillon Guezue?  Better than Alesmith Speedway Stout?  Sounds like crazy talk, but you can be the judge.  See you here.

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

http://www.ballastpoint.com
http://www.ballastpointspirits.com
twitter:bpbrewing
http://twitter.com/bpbrewing

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2009, 11:39:47 PM »
Alright!  I've been waiting for this one.  You may remember a few weeks ago we tapped a dry hopped version of our Schooner Ale.  Well, as promised, the freshly harvested wet hops came in, we brewed a beer with them, and now that beer is ready to drink.  We will be tapping kegs of both versions this Thursday at 11am at our taster bar in Scripps Ranch.  You can try them side by side and see for yourself what wet hopping contributes to a beer.  It will be a fun learning experience for everyone.  Beer nerds take note.

Also, a big thanks to the good folks at the Great American Beer Festival who, this past Saturday, awarded our Sculpin IPA a silver medal in the American-Style IPA category.  While we are quite pleased to win any awards from anybody, the American IPA category at GABF carries the most weight with us.  IPA's are what people who really love beer love the best and to be so honored in the biggest competition in the country is really special.  A big congrats goes out to all the other local winners, and especially to Pizza Port who dominated the competition, again, with 10 medals and the Large Brewpub of the Year Award going to Port Carlsbad.  Awesome.

10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2009, 10:39:33 AM »
It has been a while since we rolled out a cask of Dorado Double IPA for our taster bar.  Our Sculpin IPA has been getting so much attention, that Dorado production has taken a back seat.  Doesn't mean we don't still love it though.  Just because it's Thursday, we decided to break one out.  Come by tomorrow for a

TWICE DRY-HOPPED DORADO DOUBLE IPA CASK

Dry Hopped with Centennial and Chinook hops in the keg and served through our beer engine.  Its gonna be good.

Hey also, mark you calendars for Saturday October 24th.  It is our 13th Anniversary party!  We will have over 30 different Ballast Point brews served at the gorgeous Liberty Station Promenade at the old NTC.  Food, live music and lots of great beer on a Saturday afternoon.  Is there any better way to spend the day?  Check out this link for tickets and our website for more details.

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/81887

Ballast Point Brewing Company
10051 Old Grove Road suite B
San Diego, CA 92131
(858) 695-2739     fax (858) 695-2734

www.ballastpoint.com
www.ballastpointspirits.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »
Happy Oktoberfest Friends!  The fall season is upon us.  If palm trees changed color, they would be changing now. I think I felt a drop of rain yesterday.  To celebrate all things autumnal, we have brewed a traditional, malty German-style lager.  Ballast Point Oktoberfest clocks in at 5.8%ABV with a toasty drinkability.  Be one of the first to sample this year's brew here at our taster bar on Thursday and be on the lookout for it at your local draft houses in the coming weeks.  Stop by and have a pint, or better yet, bring in your own favorite festive stein and we'll fill it with something tasty!

Also, don't forget about our 13th Anniversary party coming up next Saturday, October 24th.  We will have over 35 different Ballast Point brews as well as beers from other local breweries and lots of good food.  Add all that to great music from Pau Hana and Revival in a beautiful park-like setting and you have a recipe for a good time.  You can get tickets now at a reduced price by going to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/81887   Tickets will also be available at the door, but buying them early will save you some cash as well as some time standing in line the day of.  See you all there!

San Diego, CA 92131
(858) 695-2739     fax (858) 695-2734

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2009, 06:06:26 AM »
My Goodness,
There are so many cool things happening in the next few weeks.  San Diego Beer Week is gonna be amazing.  The premier event of the week is first, The SD Brewer's Guild Festival on Friday and Saturday November 6th and 7th at World Beat Center.  It will be off the charts in terms of quality beers from every single brewery in town. Proceeds not only benefit the music program at World Beat Center, but the San Diego Brewer's Guild whose main purpose for existing is to make cool events like this happen. Tickets are available at http://www.sandiegobrewersguild.org.  It will sell out so don't snooze or you could lose. If you haven't gone yet, you need to check out www.SDBW.org.  We (the entire SD brewing community) are almost half way to our goal of one zillion events.  Get your day planner and spend some time on the site, there is bound to be something great happening in your neighborhood.
Not tomorrow, but next Saturday October 24h is the Ballast Point 13th Anniversary party.  We will have close to 40 different Ballast brews, in addition to beers from other local breweries, live music and food from our pals, including but not limited to Vince from Pizza Port, Blacks BBQ and La Salsa Chilena.  We have been saving up all year for this one and all of your favorites will be there.  Tickets can be purchased at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/81887.  Look at our cool poster.

If you can't wait to visit, then come on by this weekend.  We got some cool new t-shirts in this week.  Glow in the dark Victory at Sea and Sea Monster T's!  Neat-o.  We also just got a new shipment of golf discs from Innova.  Classic Aviar putters and Candy plastic Beast, Leopard and brand new *"The Boss"* drivers all emblazoned with our sextant logo.  Perfect for "The First Fling."  Details at www.SDBW.org
Vote for Ballast Point as your favorite So-Cal brewery here: 
http://thefullpint.com/polls/best-southern-california-craft-brewery
Oh yeah and fresh off it's Silver Medal winning performance at the 2009 GABF, Sculpin IPA in 22oz bottles are available NOW at both brewery locations.  Come and get em.  We love you San Diego. 

San Diego, CA 92131
(858) 695-2739
5401 Linda Vista Rd. Ste 406
San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 295-2337

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »
We have been hoarding beers for LA Beer Week, SD Beer Week and, most importantly, our 13th Anniversary Party.  Seriously hoarding.  So much so that we had decided not to do a Thursday special at the Scripps Ranch taster bar this week.  When the news got to Amber in the bar, tears welled up and her voice started to crack.  It was too much to handle and we were forced to part with something.  The only thing available was a tiny little cask (known as a pin) of Sculpin IPA.  So we are going to tap it tomorrow.  Only this time, we are going to hold off until 3pm instead of our usual 11am tapping.  There ain't a lot of it, but it will be good.  Come by and get some.

Don't forget to go to our website to view the details of our big party coming up on Saturday.  It is going to be grand.  39 Ballast Point beers plus other local breweries, live music and great food.  Seriously, not to be missed.

Ballast Point Brewing Co. Scripps Ranch
10051 Old Grove Rd.
San Diego, CA  92131
(858) 695-BREW (2739)

Ballast Point Brewing Co. Linda Vista
5401 Linda Vista Rd.
San Diego, CA  92110
(619) 295-2337 (BEER)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2009, 06:42:37 AM »
Hope Everybody is enjoying SD Beer Week!  As a special bonus, we are happy to announce that Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter is available NOW at our two brewery locations.  Come by and get a bottle to enjoy this weekend.  Cheers!!