search

Author Topic: Colorado Springs this week.  (Read 406 times)

Offline chi_dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
Colorado Springs this week.
« on: April 12, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »
I've read reviews on Beermapping and a few other sites, but I'd love to hear any suggestions for Colorado Springs or the very close vicinity.  I'll be with my wife and her family, so I'm somewhat limited in the amount of time I can devote to tracking down great regional beer.

Thanks for any help!

Offline Oxymoron

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
Re: Colorado Springs this week.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:04:40 PM »
Although I have never been, Trinity is one of the best places to go.  Their beer menu is by far the best in the Springs.  They also brew on site.  If you like sours they *might* have Old Growth available.  Worth a taste and buy a bottle.  I think they are close to Garden of the Gods as well.

I have been to Rocky Mountain Brewing, Phantom Canyon, and Bristol.

I'm a fan of Rocky Mountain but I know Dwayne (owner) really well, so he usually hooks us up each time we go.  They are also a homebrew shop as well, and will have at least 12 beers on tap and all of them are solid.  There are up north and east, and a bit out of the way to get to.  But they do have a strip joint right next door and there is a BBQ truck thing that serves food.

Phantom Canyon is a bit pricey, and their beers are so so.  But there food is good.  Located downtown, they stick to mostly English styles and will have about 8 or so beers, usually when on a hand pump.  Parking could be an issue depending on when you go.

Bristol has been going down hill for some time.  The head brewer jumped ship a couple years ago and to me it shows.  I have never really been a fan of their beers in the first place, but I have also heard from friends down there that they are stand off-ish. 

There is a Rock Bottom, don't know much about.  There are a few Old Chicago's as well.

If you end up going north to Castle Rock, South Denver etc., there are some other options I could recommend.