search

Author Topic: Titletown Brewing Company - Green Bay, Wisconsin  (Read 6037 times)

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
Re: Titletown Brewing Company - Green Bay, Wisconsin
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2020, 03:12:44 PM »
At least it's in Green Bay where no one cares? :shrug:

True.  Still the best option in town most of the time.
Just don't drink the dirty dishwater beer. :cheers:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2020, 04:00:38 PM »
"Bridge Out Stout is back!! Due to the amount of nitrogen in this stout, it has a nice, full, creamy body. Bridge Out Stout has chocolate-like malt flavors and is a favorite amongst the Titletown employees and customers!"

Stopped by on Saturday afternoon - hadn't been there in a few months.  The bartender was giving samples of the Bridge Out Stout to all the regulars at the bar, and asking them to write comments about it on a sheet.  Apparently the new brewer made a mess of it, and the staff are pissed that they are still serving it under the same name.  Tasted like dark lager mixed with dishwater.   :thumbdown:

Not sure what's happening there, but a lot of long-time staff have left since last summer, including the head brewer who (according to the grapevine) got canned (pun intended) because he was making too much money.  The restaurant is closed on Mondays now, and they cut back hours on the tap room, as well.  They've still got Oktoberfest and some of their summer seasonal beers on tap, in January, and now they are going to sell this terrible batch of stout. 

it would suck if the place closed simply because it's a great location, a cool old building and it's a popular spot that i'd hate to see sit empty.

but... man.... that beer has not been good for a while  :mellow:
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2020, 04:17:50 PM »

I'm sorry.

Offline flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2020, 04:25:53 PM »

How many beers have you had there in the past 5 years?

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2020, 04:52:23 PM »

none :mellow:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2020, 04:56:12 PM »

NO WONDER THINGS ARE GOING DOWN HILL

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2020, 05:04:54 PM »

NO WONDER THINGS ARE GOING DOWN HILL

:lol: we went this summer and sat on the patio. think the last time we went before that was the summer before.  my back was really, really, really hurting me that day. my shoulder blade area, basically.

i couldn't sit down at those high top tables they had outside. couldn't lift my leg to get on the chair. some dude and his wife at the table next to us kept looking over at me and whispering to each other.

kept wondering to myself wtf they were staring at me for. it was blatantly obvious. i'd glance over and they'd smile at me... it was just me and my wife. kept thinking they were going to step over and ask if we were swingers  :mellow:

after a good while of this the guy steps over and says "i couldn't help but notice.. you look like you're in a lot of pain. it's written all over your face and body language."

me:  :mellow:

him: we're sports therapists visiting town from Minnesota. can you tell me what's hurting and maybe i can offer some advice?

me: :mellow:

him: (grabs my shoulder and starts pressing on my back) (shoves his his fingers in my armpit)

me: hey... uhh..... wait a second..... :hot: that's helping :wub:  what the hell are you doing?

him: (explains what he thinks it is and keeps kneading my muscles and manipulating my arm)  this is probably (something i don't remember) and it's causing referral pain down your leg, correct?

anyways.. a grown man rubbed me down at Titletown in full view of my wife & his own and i liked it  :excited:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2020, 05:07:21 PM »

anyways.. a grown man rubbed me down at Titletown in full view of my wife & his own and i liked it  :excited:

Was that the last time you got any action?

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2020, 05:16:32 PM »

I'm sorry.

It's more than I deserve

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2020, 05:17:21 PM »

(does the math)

thereabouts....

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2020, 05:50:49 PM »

:lol: :lol:

(does the math)

thereabouts....

Offline stoney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2020, 09:07:34 AM »

Back in the days when I frequented Titletown they had Fuller's ESB on guest tap. That was virtually all I drank when I went there.

Sucks to hear they're going down-hill; I always enjoyed that giant bowl of bacon and cheese pub fries they used to serve there.

And the fish fry was always good.
Poor unfortunate elderly isolated beer god.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2020, 09:57:48 AM »

Back in the days when I frequented Titletown they had Fuller's ESB on guest tap. That was virtually all I drank when I went there.

Sucks to hear they're going down-hill; I always enjoyed that giant bowl of bacon and cheese pub fries they used to serve there.

And the fish fry was always good.

Hopefully it's just an adjustment period ... they definitely had growing pains a few years ago when they expanded the operation.  But it's not a good sign when you push out a bad batch of beer and pretend it is OK.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2020, 03:39:12 PM »
PRIVATE TO FURLEY (YOUR INBOX IS FULL) >

"This weekend we are tapping our Bourbon Legend and Legendary Barleywine that have been patiently waiting to be drank since 2011. Brewed the last year that Green Bay won the big game, sip on this and bask in the nostalgia while you cheer for it to happen again. A very limited quantity available only in the Tap Room starting Friday."

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2020, 04:00:53 PM »
that barleywine was pretty tasty.. years ago.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2020, 04:36:54 PM »
PRIVATE TO FURLEY (YOUR INBOX IS FULL) >

"This weekend we are tapping our Bourbon Legend and Legendary Barleywine that have been patiently waiting to be drank since 2011. Brewed the last year that Green Bay won the big game, sip on this and bask in the nostalgia while you cheer for it to happen again. A very limited quantity available only in the Tap Room starting Friday."

Stopped by the tap room Friday night to try the barleywine ... of course, the tap room is closed for a private party :wall:  ... so I head upstairs to the rooftop bar.  Sit at the bar and look at the tap list ... no barleywine.  So I ask the bartender about it.  "That's only in the tap room downstairs, but that's closed for a party."  Me:  :mellow:   "I can go down and get one for you if you want it."  OK.  10 minutes later he comes back with the beer.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, still a pretty decent barleywine after 9 years.  Most of the hops are gone, of course.  Didn't try the bourbon one yet.  Maybe next weekend.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2020, 09:24:51 PM »
"Bridge Out Stout is back!! Due to the amount of nitrogen in this stout, it has a nice, full, creamy body. Bridge Out Stout has chocolate-like malt flavors and is a favorite amongst the Titletown employees and customers!"

Stopped by on Saturday afternoon - hadn't been there in a few months.  The bartender was giving samples of the Bridge Out Stout to all the regulars at the bar, and asking them to write comments about it on a sheet.  Apparently the new brewer made a mess of it, and the staff are pissed that they are still serving it under the same name.  Tasted like dark lager mixed with dishwater.   :thumbdown:

Not sure what's happening there, but a lot of long-time staff have left since last summer, including the head brewer who (according to the grapevine) got canned (pun intended) because he was making too much money.  The restaurant is closed on Mondays now, and they cut back hours on the tap room, as well.  They've still got Oktoberfest and some of their summer seasonal beers on tap, in January, and now they are going to sell this terrible batch of stout.

Well, this sucks, but things have been unwinding over the past year or so with all the staff changes.  The owner announced today that they are consolidating operations at the newer taproom and brewery across the parking lot from the original train depot restaurant, closing the depot.  The new space doesn't even have a full kitchen. 

Was just there yesterday for the first time in a while.  Food wasn't very good, and I didn't recognize a single one of the staff.  They did have a decent coffee stout on tap, though. 

Green Bay desperately needs a decent brewpub. 

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2020, 09:58:21 PM »
feels like maybe they over-extended themselves with the tap room idea and now they're circling the drain.

unfortunate. that train depot space needs to be maintained.

something tells me GB will find a way to raze that building and put up a condo or some bullshit fast food complex.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2020, 10:03:31 PM »
feels like maybe they over-extended themselves with the tap room idea and now they're circling the drain.

yep.  and I don't think any of the new spaces were ever well-utilized since they've been open.

if I had any money to invest, I'd hire the old brewer and open a new brewpub in the train depot.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:28:34 PM by flyingbison »

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2020, 08:46:31 AM »
This is common all over right now. The pool of hospitality business workers is drying up and everyone is having staffing issues leading to closing days or meal times. I've thought about applying at other places simply because they're starting to pay a lot more to attract people. At least for a second job. Yes, it's a seasonal thing and will change when college students come back for summer but right now it sucks. Even with a slower season.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline stoney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »

unfortunate. that train depot space needs to be maintained.

something tells me GB will find a way to raze that building and put up a condo or some bullshit fast food complex.

That's a darn shame about the Titletown Train Depot closing.

Locally, St. Francis Brewpub has circled and gone down the drain too.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2019/10/07/st-francis-brewery-appears-permanently-closed.html

It's just a darn shame that St. Francis' beers blew so badly. I mean they were just fuckin' awful.

With so many local (Milwaukee) taverns offering delightful German, Belgian and domestic beer, St. Francis had no chance of survival.
Poor unfortunate elderly isolated beer god.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2020, 10:21:46 PM »
Wow - this seems to be spiraling downhill fast.  Apparently they didn't tell the employees until after it was posted on facebook. This morning they announced that the taproom would be closed today.  And now they have updated their hours on the website:

Restaurant Hours
Monday:   CLOSED
Tuesday:   CLOSED
Wednesday:   CLOSED
Thursday:   CLOSED
Friday - Saturday:   CLOSED
Sunday:   CLOSED

Tap Room Hours
Monday:   11am - 10pm
Tuesday:   CLOSED
Wednesday:   CLOSED
Thursday:   CLOSED
Friday:   3pm - 12am
Saturday:   12pm - 6pm
Sunday:   12pm - 5pm

Roof Tap Hours
Monday:   CLOSED
Tuesday - Thursday:   3pm - 9pm
Friday:   3pm - 12am
Saturday:   12pm - 12am
Sunday:   CLOSED

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2020, 10:39:09 PM »
oof

it was a solid run. shame it had to end. they really seem to have pushed themselves way too far with the tap room expansion. that never made sense from the start.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2020, 10:47:45 PM »
oof

it was a solid run. shame it had to end. they really seem to have pushed themselves way too far with the tap room expansion. that never made sense from the start.

Seems like they are just going to focus on the bottling/distribution business ... can't imagine that will last long without the brewpub.

Better use up my mug club points before they fold up altogether. I've got enough points for about 600 beers.  Let's meet up for 30 or 40 beers this weekend.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »
Damn. I liked their food.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2020, 09:00:09 AM »
oof

Seems like they are just going to focus on the bottling/distribution business ... can't imagine that will last long without the brewpub.

Better use up my mug club points before they fold up altogether. I've got enough points for about 600 beers.  Let's meet up for 30 or 40 beers this weekend.

Per square foot, that is likely much more profitable than the brewpub.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2020, 09:07:02 AM »
Let's meet up for 30 or 40 beers this weekend.

:lol:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2020, 09:17:54 AM »

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2020, 10:25:05 AM »
Let's meet up for 30 or 40 beers this weekend.

:lol:
Only 10 beers a day :coffee:

had 5 on Friday night

woke up Saturday morning contemplating quitting drinking liquids of all variety forever

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2020, 03:44:38 PM »
oof

Per square foot, that is likely much more profitable than the brewpub.

No doubt.  I'm sure the margins on the restaurant are razor thin, but the brewpub was pretty much their entire brand.  Maybe this turns out to be a shrewd business move for them, but I'm skeptical.  Out of sight, out of mind.   Plus, the way things have unfolded have been pretty bad PR, and it seems like they don't really have a plan. 

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2020, 02:36:48 PM »

Well, this looks like a genius move now.   :mellow:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2020, 03:06:46 PM »

Well, this looks like a genius move now.   :mellow:

Titletown created the virus...... question mark?