search

Author Topic: Titletown Brewing Company - Green Bay, Wisconsin  (Read 3285 times)

Offline stoney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
Titletown Brewing Company - Green Bay, Wisconsin
« on: March 31, 2010, 02:17:48 PM »
Stopped in at Titletown Brewing Co. (brewpub) on my way up to the cabin last Saturday (3/27/10). Grabbed a stool at the bar and decided to order the sampler ($9.50) since I had not visited Titletown in four months.

Started out with the Canadeo Gold Kolsch (FG). It was mildly fruity and faintly hoppy, very thirst quenching and quite delicious. Then I moved on to the 400 Honey Ale (FG), which, surprisingly, was also quite good, refreshing and delicious. Not a huge honey presence in this ale. Skipped over the Hopasaurus Rex (for the moment) and slurped down a glass of the Johnny Blood McNally Red Ale (EH+). The Johnny Blood was better than it has been in recent years, but still light years from the beer that Todd Ashman brewed during his tenure as brewmaster at Titletown. The Railyard Ale Altbier (EH- / FS+) was very disappointing, as it almost always is. Titletown really ought to consider abandoning this style, since they do it so poorly. Not even remotely in the class of the better altbiers like Long Trail Double Bag or Uerige Sticke. Unfortunately, they were out of the nitro-draught Bridge Out Stout (one of my favorites) so they substituted the Dark Helmet Schwarzbier (EH). It was just OK. The fresh Maibock was next, and it was rather tasteless, though certainly “clean”. It’s easy for a lager to be “clean” when it has no flavor. A resounding EH. The Bamberg Smoked Marzen was next (FG+) and it was superb. To my great dismay, the bartender indicated that the Smoked Marzen was not selling well, and that they would glad to be rid of it. I had hoped that it would become part of the regular lineup, perhaps followed up by a Rauchbier Ur-Bock. The Procrastinator Doppelbock was pretty good (EH+) but terribly undercarbonated, essentially flat. Finished up the sampler with the Hopasaurus Rex (EH- / FS+). Piney and bitter, lacking in complexity. Bleh. Gave the whole mess a rinse with the Sno-Cap Root Beer (FG, if you like root beer).

All that drinkin’ develops quite the hunger, so I ordered the Fish & Chips (FG+) along with a pint of the Canadeo Gold for a rinse. The fish (Atlantic cod) was absolutely delicious, crispy and dark brown on the outside, tender, flakey and moist on the inside. The pub fries, as always, were delicious. The cucumber salad was “interesting”, although I think I might skip that next time. The three piece large order of Fish & Chips was $13.99, which I found a bit spendy, but I was hungry.

I was so packed full of fish I could hardly even consider additional beers, but I managed a pint of the Procrastinator Doppelbock and a sample of the Dry Eye Stout (EH-). I took a growler of the Canadeo Gold and the Bamberg Smoked Marzen for the road, paid my tab ($63.00 with tip) and waddled out of Titletown Brewing Co.

Arrived up at the cabin around 4:00PM. I had not been up to the cabin since December 2009, during the last four days of deer hunting season. I was pleased that my dilapidated shack was still standing, with no additional apparent leakage from the roof where a large oak had fallen on the place last October. I noticed some acorn hulls on the bed.

Lifting the top pillow, I discovered that a chipmunk had made a nest of my lower pillow, and carefully peeling back the shredded fluff and foam, discovered six or eight squirming pink baby chipmunks, each one no greater than 1-1/2 inches long, the bold white stripe on their sides clearly visible in their downy fur. Their eyes were not open yet. They made tiny peeping and squeaking noises. Although I was “irritated” that they had shredded and crapped upon my pillow, I reasoned that harming them would neither “enhance my life” nor “make me a better man”. I slid an ancient metal serving tray under the pillow containing the squirming innocents, and transported them to the front (unused / uninhabitable) front bedroom. I kicked an old densely compacted foam archery target to the floor, and placed the pillow on top, to insolate the babies from the cold. Shortly, they appeared to resume their slumber, and made no further sound.

I took a drive through the forest, to the area known as the Northfork – Chickadee Wilderness, and parked the Cherokee at the gate. My intent was to retrieve an old kitchen chair that I had used last deer season. I had every intent to remove it at the end of the season, bit it was frozen solid into the ground, and I could not extract it. Now, after the thaw, I extracted it with ease, hiked back to the truck, and drove back to the cabin.

It was extremely enjoyable to slurp down the growler of Canadeo Gold on the screenporch, while watching the sun set blood red in the late March sky. I enjoyed a La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especiale, which was sublime.

I was awakened the following morning by the scampering of chipmunk feet across the headboard of my bed. Mama chipmunk voiced her displeasure at my relocation of the family homestead by emitting several chirps and squeaks. She then busied herself in relocating the babies to more desirable surroundings.

Since I was up anyway, I drove into town, to the Mountain Bear Diner, where I feasted upon a four egg, three cheese omelet with extra crispy hash browns and toast, washed down with a half gallon of coffee. I chose to hike Thunder Mountain that day, to stretch my legs and burn off some of that omelet. I waddled and sloshed out of the diner and shoe-horned myself into the Cherokee.

Thunder Mountain isn’t much of a mountain, by most people’s standards, rising to only 1400 feet above sea level. From the summit, however, one can enjoy a commanding view of the forest to the east, with the blue waters of High Falls Flowage in the distance. There is abundant wildlife and interesting plant life, and, most commonly, the summit is abandoned on all but the busiest summer weekends. The summit is the eternal resting place of my German Shorthair Pointer, K’Ehleyr, who died in 2007.

I noticed to my dismay that the Thunder Mountain Ranch Company, who owns the western slopes of Thunder Mountain, had chosen to clear-cut the slopes. As I hiked, I thought about the teachings of Aldo Leopold, who taught us all about the land ethic, and how mankind seems to have resumed thinking of wilderness as only a thing to be developed, or exploited, the forests raped of their timber, the soil stripped of it’s minerals.

One particularly poignant verse remains constantly in my mind, and in my heart, when I visit the wilderness, is from Leopold’s seminal work “A Sand County Almanac”, published posthumously in 1949. In this work, Leopold offered:

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot. Like winds and sunsets, wild things were taken for granted until progress began to do away with them.  Now we face the question of whether a still higher 'standard of living' is worth its cost in things natural, wild and free.”

I, most certainly, am one who cannot.

I returned to the cabin, polished off the growler of Titletown Smoked Marzen, smoked first a Tatuaje Havana and then a Gran Habano Corojo Vintage 2000, and sadly, pointed the Cherokee to the south, to return to the squalid, festering toxic shithole known as “Southeastern Wisconsin”.

Offline Stu

• IPA
Re: Titletown Brewing Company - Green Bay, Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:43:19 PM »
 :thumbup:

wonderful write-up again as usual, steven
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan next week.

Strong like bull, smart like tractor.

Offline flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:01:09 PM »
The Bamberg Smoked Marzen was next (FG+) and it was superb. To my great dismay, the bartender indicated that the Smoked Marzen was not selling well, and that they would glad to be rid of it.

I've been doing my best to drink it all, but I'm just one puny man.

Offline stoney

• Quadrupel
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 03:05:14 PM »
The Bamberg Smoked Marzen was next (FG+) and it was superb. To my great dismay, the bartender indicated that the Smoked Marzen was not selling well, and that they would glad to be rid of it.

I could have drank the entire keg of Canadeo Gold.  :banned:

(I think Stu liked the part of my review about the "squalid, festering toxic shithole known as “Southeastern Wisconsin”".

:thumbdown:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 03:35:57 PM »
Stopped in at Titletown Brewing Co. (brewpub) on my way up to the cabin last Saturday (3/27/10). Grabbed a stool at the bar and decided to order the sampler ($9.50) since I had not visited Titletown in four months.

i was there on saturday too. wife and kid in tow.  what time were you there?
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline stoney

• Quadrupel
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:41:20 PM »

1:00 - 3:00PM or so?

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »

1:00 - 3:00PM or so?

Next time, let us know when you are coming.

Offline Stu

• IPA
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »

I could have drank the entire keg of Canadeo Gold.  :banned:

(I think Stu liked the part of my review about the "squalid, festering toxic shithole known as “Southeastern Wisconsin”".

:thumbdown:

I've seen both (cabin and SEW) and agree with your assessment
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan next week.

Strong like bull, smart like tractor.

Offline stoney

• Quadrupel
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 03:54:59 PM »

Probably next time will be Saturday, April 10th.

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 03:56:35 PM »

I'll be heading to Madison that afternoon.  :kickrock:

Offline stoney

• Quadrupel
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 03:59:55 PM »

Then it'll be either Saturday April 17th or Saturday April 24th.

I have a lot of work to do on my boats and trucks prior to Opening Day of inland lakes fishing season on May 1st.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 04:18:16 PM »

Then it'll be either Saturday April 17th or Saturday April 24th.

I have a lot of work to do on my boats and trucks prior to Opening Day of inland lakes fishing season on May 1st.

One of those should work. :cheers:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 03:59:34 PM »
bring back the pickled jalapenos!

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 10:54:51 AM »
not sure which of these to bump so we'll just go with this one

had the Black Saison on saturday afternoon.  not bad.  still has that underlying flavor that runs through all their beers.  strong enough for me to detect in every single one of them.  but this one was good enough to override it.

worth a try if you're in town

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 11:01:43 AM »

had the Black Saison on saturday afternoon.  not bad.  still has that underlying flavor that runs through all their beers.  strong enough for me to detect in every single one of them.  but this one was good enough to override it.

Fat chance

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 11:06:58 AM »

Fat chance

I THINK THE VIKINGS PLAY HERE ONCE A YEAR

Offline bakes

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »

Pump Station had that issue when the previous brewer was there - it was either a flavor residue from the cleaning/sanitizing regimen or maybe something related to the sparging as the sparge tube was 75% clogged when they cleaned it last summer.
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 12:28:21 PM »

Pump Station had that issue when the previous brewer was there - it was either a flavor residue from the cleaning/sanitizing regimen or maybe something related to the sparging as the sparge tube was 75% clogged when they cleaned it last summer.

In this case, it's 99% related to Furley being ... :furley:

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »

Fat chance

I THINK THE VIKINGS PLAY HERE ONCE A YEAR

who?
Gilly> this is totally murdering my unicorn blood boner

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »

In this case, it's 99% related to Furley being ... :furley:

:no:

Offline stoney

• Quadrupel
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 01:15:53 PM »
So what, FlyingBison doesn't live in the Green Bay area anymore?

WTF?

I was just thinking this morning about heading up to the cabin this weekend, to see if its still standing if nothing else.

What's the general concensus about Titletown Mr. Furley? Pretty much the same as always? Better? Worse?

I always liked the food there and was happy to have a decent beer to wash it down with.

Though in truth, when they had Fullers ESB on guest-tap, I drank virtually nothing else.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 01:59:44 PM »
So what, FlyingBison doesn't live in the Green Bay area anymore?

WTF?

I was just thinking this morning about heading up to the cabin this weekend, to see if its still standing if nothing else.

What's the general concensus about Titletown Mr. Furley? Pretty much the same as always? Better? Worse?

I always liked the food there and was happy to have a decent beer to wash it down with.

Though in truth, when they had Fullers ESB on guest-tap, I drank virtually nothing else.

bison is still here. still goes to Titletown, though we haven't hooked up for beers in a while.

i'd say their beer is better than in the past.  food is even maybe a notch better.   

stop on in and let us know when you'll be in town  :thumbup:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 09:37:40 PM »
Had a tasty Noble Pig at Titletown thanks to Bison and Severstad last summer :thumbup:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 08:20:37 PM »
Had a tasty Noble Pig at Titletown thanks to Bison and Severstad last summer :thumbup:

:sadbanana:

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 10:41:39 PM »

:sadbanana:

:haha:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 01:42:18 AM »

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 12:53:28 AM »
Has Titletown started bottling yet?
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 12:54:25 AM »
not quite

they posted a picture the other day of 80k bottles they just received..  should be out soon

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 01:01:56 AM »
not quite

they posted a picture the other day of 80k bottles they just received..  should be out soon

:thumbup:

ISO Green 19 when they do   :ale:
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 10:31:14 AM »
would have had more info on this, potentially, except for when we stopped over there on saturday the new tap room was closed :hot:

on the day of the grand opening celebration.... closed.

because governor walker was in there doing photo ops and and news interviews. what a fucking douchenozzle.  i walked past the windows on Broadway and saw him standing in there wearing his Fleet Farm jeans, 80s Packers sweatshirt and hat, looking like a fucking knob.

should have pounded on the windows and cursed him out but getting beat up by security didn't sound like much fun

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 11:55:59 AM »
would have had more info on this, potentially, except for when we stopped over there on saturday the new tap room was closed :hot:

because governor walker was in there doing photo ops and and news interviews. what a fucking douchenozzle.  i walked past the windows on Broadway and saw him standing in there wearing his Fleet Farm jeans, 80s Packers sweatshirt and hat, looking like a fucking knob.

should have pounded on the windows and cursed him out but getting beat up by security didn't sound like much fun

When we got stopped at the door ("The governor's taking a tour"), I answered with, "That prick is in there right now?"

We proceeded to the outdoor beer tent (too packed to get a beer), and I started yelling "Vote for Burke! Vote for Burke? We're not getting beer because of fucking Walker."

We did end up stopping in after a sushi dinner. The place is truly a hipster-dufus paradise, including blue mood lighting. Not at all what Titletown should be. No reason to ever go in there again. Maybe ... maybe ... to get a keg for work. No reason to hang out there, for sure.

I signed the guestbook: Oh, so the mighty governor is gone? Still not impressed.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 11:58:14 AM »

When we got stopped at the door ("The governor's taking a tour"), I answered with, "That prick is in there right now?"

We proceeded to the outdoor beer tent (too packed to get a beer), and I started yelling "Vote for Burke! Vote for Burke? We're not getting beer because of fucking Walker."

We did end up stopping in after a sushi dinner. The place is truly a hipster-dufus paradise, including blue mood lighting. Not at all what Titletown should be. No reason to ever go in there again. Maybe ... maybe ... to get a keg for work. No reason to hang out there, for sure.

I signed the guestbook: Oh, so the mighty governor is gone? Still not impressed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sad to hear that about the tap room  :thumbdown: 

i read that they will be expanding the restaurant in the original space, to fill where the brew operation is now, hopefully that doesn't mean the bar goes away with it.  that can't possibly happen can it??

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 12:53:40 PM »

i read that they will be expanding the restaurant in the original space, to fill where the brew operation is now, hopefully that doesn't mean the bar goes away with it.  that can't possibly happen can it??

Supposed to be making a larger bar with the old brewing space.

Offline Squid

• Double IPA
  • Calamari
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »

:goodposting:

It was truly awful. It looks like it wants to be a 20-something meat market in the middle of a grade school gymnasium. Completely opposite feel from the current bar/restaurant, nothing like what would make you think "Titletown," "craft beer," "local product," or anything else. What a freaking waste. And what a blankety-blank-blank-blank that Gubner is, to pull this kind of stunt in the middle of the grand opening. And how stupid of Titletown to cater to that, with lines of paying customers waiting. Total dooshcanoo power play. Our group was not the only one feeling that way, from what I heard. And when Severstad was ranting against the Gubner/"Vote for Burke", all I heard was a lot of acknowledgment rumbling around us and a bunch of nodding heads. All in all, completely opposite outcomes from the two Grand Openings we went to (Titletown and Badger State). Badger State did it right.
"I think my meat is bad." - Urbanhack

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »
I avoided the grand opening, since I'm not really much for crowds and because I had seen on the news that Gov. Dumbass was going to be there.

I have no idea what kind of hours are planned for the tap room, but I think it is going to be mostly used as an event space (parties, meetings, etc.).   I suppose it could be a place people go for a beer when there is some other big event in the area, too, and the main bar is too crowded.  Hard to imagine, though, that it is going to be busy very often, and I wonder how long it will be before they decide it isn't worth staffing for regular hours. 

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
suppose all that depends on how much the new apartment developments downtown take off.  if those things fill up with relatively young people they are going to want to go out at night for drinks :shrug:

shame that it doesn't really fit the aesthetic, seemingly.

i'm willing to give it a chance.  guess we'll see how the crowd splits between the two places.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 01:48:16 PM »
suppose all that depends on how much the new apartment developments downtown take off.  if those things fill up with relatively young people they are going to want to go out at night for drinks :shrug:

shame that it doesn't really fit the aesthetic, seemingly.

i'm willing to give it a chance.  guess we'll see how the crowd splits between the two places.

Not going to be any food at the tap room, though.  I guess that's OK if you are just stopping for a quick pint or two.

Hard to imagine Titletown becoming a destination for the young/hip crowd.  I'm usually one of the younger people in the place. 

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 01:49:38 PM »
Hard to imagine Titletown becoming a destination for the young/hip crowd.  I'm usually one of the younger people in the place. 

:lol: i'd always assumed the younger crowd went upstairs for pool/bar games.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 01:50:24 PM »

:lol: i'd always assumed the younger crowd went upstairs for pool/bar games.

Yeah, everyone under 70.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 04:29:23 PM »
http://fox11online.com/2014/10/11/titletown-brewing-company-expands-operation-in-downtown-green-bay/

Weycker says soon all brewing operations will be run out of the new facility. In the original facility, the restaurant space will be expanded once the brewing operation is moved out.

The new facility will allow Titletown to expand its output from about 2,000 barrels a year now to nearly 40,000 barrels at peak capacity. At that rate Titletown Brewing Company would be one of the largest craft brewers in the state.

The new operation will also include a bottling operation for the first time, so the various beers can be distributed around the state.

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »
http://fox11online.com/2014/10/11/titletown-brewing-company-expands-operation-in-downtown-green-bay/

Weycker says soon all brewing operations will be run out of the new facility. In the original facility, the restaurant space will be expanded once the brewing operation is moved out.

The new facility will allow Titletown to expand its output from about 2,000 barrels a year now to nearly 40,000 barrels at peak capacity. At that rate Titletown Brewing Company would be one of the largest craft brewers in the state.

The new operation will also include a bottling operation for the first time, so the various beers can be distributed around the state.

Yeah, and according to an industry insider I talked to on Saturday, the downstairs bottling line doesn't have enough headroom for a proper pallet stack, causing transportation challenges.

Oh, and the one and only elevator to get down there must be use for products AND tour guests, which must be against OSHA regs, right?

Yeah, they didn't quite think ahead.

Dorks.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
They were originally supposed to be canning, too, but then ditched that idea somewhere along the way.    :thumbdown:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »
I have no idea what kind of hours are planned for the tap room, but I think it is going to be mostly used as an event space (parties, meetings, etc.).   I suppose it could be a place people go for a beer when there is some other big event in the area, too, and the main bar is too crowded.  Hard to imagine, though, that it is going to be busy very often, and I wonder how long it will be before they decide it isn't worth staffing for regular hours.

" ... our taproom will be open beginning October 30th on Thursdays and Fridays from 3 pm to 10 pm and Saturdays from 11 am to 10 pm; hours will vary with private events so please stay posted to our Facebook and web page."

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2014, 09:16:32 PM »
wife, kids and i stopped here for lunch today

even my wife commented that the beer list looked much shorter than usual.  we didn't head over to the tap room for a comparison.  anyone know if they are going to limit the main bar/restaurant to just their standard lineup with the one-offs moving over to the tap room?

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »
The place is truly a hipster-dufus paradise, including blue mood lighting. Not at all what Titletown should be. No reason to ever go in there again. Maybe ... maybe ... to get a keg for work. No reason to hang out there, for sure.

I finally went to the new tap room for the first time yesterday after work.  I was stopping by the farmer's market for a few things, and ended up parking right in front of the door, so I thought I would check it out.  Very weird space with not much character at all.  I could see some group renting it for a meeting or party, or something like that, but not an inviting place to have a couple of pints.  Can't imagine any reason to go there again. 

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 05:14:48 PM »
The place is truly a hipster-dufus paradise, including blue mood lighting. Not at all what Titletown should be. No reason to ever go in there again. Maybe ... maybe ... to get a keg for work. No reason to hang out there, for sure.

I finally went to the new tap room for the first time yesterday after work.  I was stopping by the farmer's market for a few things, and ended up parking right in front of the door, so I thought I would check it out.  Very weird space with not much character at all.  I could see some group renting it for a meeting or party, or something like that, but not an inviting place to have a couple of pints.  Can't imagine any reason to go there again. 

for your wedding  :mellow:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 05:15:31 PM »

or maybe the baptism.    :unsure:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 05:52:57 PM »

or maybe the baptism.    :unsure:

sonofa  :unsure:

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »

Titletown Brewing Co. and Flicks on the Bricks present Lebowskifest. Movie starts at 8:15 and admission is free. Bowling bus trip to Riviera Lanes including bowling and shoes as well as reserved VIP seating for the feature movie and a beer or White Russian upon return. Cost for bus is $18 (Donny had $18 so should you). See bartender or server to reserve your seat on the bus, or just stop in for a free movie.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 05:50:12 PM »
:goodposting: