search

Author Topic: Portland OR- 4/20....2019  (Read 7903 times)

Offline urbanhack

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
Re: Portland OR- 4/20....2019
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2019, 10:25:09 PM »
Rockzo Hack road trip yesterday out the coast!

Ft. George
Buoy
and
De Garde! 

:deadbanana:
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2019, 10:51:23 PM »
 :cheers:

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2019, 01:55:42 PM »
De Garde was amazing last summer. They are right up there with Jester King and even more prolific! I only wish they had more of a variety to go. We were driving all around that day and I got a little carsick so we only split one bottle and a few tasters at De Garde. I could have sat there for hours drinking through their bottle list.

Offline Kegergator

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Geuze
  • Your mom does
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2019, 11:36:57 PM »
it's ok...im doing enough training for everyone
***2020 Zoom Candyland Champion***

Offline Men-in-Cleats

• TBS Founding Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2019, 06:45:30 PM »
Don't think I'll make it clear to Portland but will apparently be over at the coast at Seaside for a week this summer.  Would love to see if I could go closer to the city and meet up with some folks as I have a buddy from college up there and now Hack is there and I've met up with Mr. Forrest Nesbitt a number of times up there in the past but it's been a while. 

Offline Kegergator

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Geuze
  • Your mom does
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2019, 08:45:08 PM »
In
***2020 Zoom Candyland Champion***

Offline urbanhack

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »
Tasker> het
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2019, 08:53:20 PM »
We're gonna be doing a trip to Portland and the coast this June.  Probably staying somewhere around Tillamook and doing day trips along the coast.  Any recommendations?Beer, food, cool sights, whatever....we'll have a ~1yo with us.  De Garde has been on my list for a while and we've never made it that far from Portland, so that'll be a stop for sure.  Might have a little time in Portland too if there's anything new to check out, been a few years since I've been there.
Gilly> this is totally murdering my unicorn blood boner

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2019, 09:25:44 AM »
We're gonna be doing a trip to Portland and the coast this June.  Probably staying somewhere around Tillamook and doing day trips along the coast.  Any recommendations?Beer, food, cool sights, whatever....we'll have a ~1yo with us.  De Garde has been on my list for a while and we've never made it that far from Portland, so that'll be a stop for sure.  Might have a little time in Portland too if there's anything new to check out, been a few years since I've been there.

De Garde of course. Cibo is good pizza in Portland. Broadside & Great Notion... i'm sure Hack will have some better intel. :cheers:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2019, 12:24:18 PM »

De Garde of course. Cibo is good pizza in Portland. Broadside & Great Notion... i'm sure Hack will have some better intel. :cheers:

I'll add Alesong to get some Van Wyk goodness and Grains of Wrath in Camas, WA.  Breakside in Portland.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2019, 03:08:00 PM »

I'll add Alesong to get some Van Wyk goodness and Grains of Wrath in Camas, WA.  Breakside in Portland.
That reminds me, picked up an Alesong/Logsdon collab recently... :excited: :ale:

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »

Doubt I'll make it to Alesong, but I'll keep an eye out.  Doesn't sound like it sits on the shelves very long.

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2019, 09:23:46 PM »

Doubt I'll make it to Alesong, but I'll keep an eye out.  Doesn't sound like it sits on the shelves very long.

Our typical trip to the coast starts with lunch at Pelican, (the original pub in Pacific City, not the production brewery in Tillamook)  From there, we drive to Tillamook for DeGarde, the cheese factory is also a fun place to visit, but they completely redid the visitor center, and food there no longer seemed like a good value like it once was.  Still unlimited cheese samples and great ice cream though.  After Tillamook, we usually drive to Astoria and spend the night there.  Fort George (go to the tasting room that is actually in the brewery, not the pub) and Buoy Brewing, which has decent seafood.  They've also got some glass flooring, there's usually a seal hanging out under the building that you can see.The Rogue location is cool, it is way out on an old cannery pier that you actually drive out on.
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline urbanhack

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2020, 11:30:03 AM »

There's quite a bit of Alesong on the shelves out here. Definitely move Grains of Wrath up your list and move Great Notion down your list.  Depending on how you view hazies...I'm pretty much done with them except for one-offs from my favorite brewers out here. Here are some others...

Upright tap room is the hidden gem in PDX
Ex Novo is killing it
Breakside as usual
Ruse
Culmination
Wayfinder (newer place - great brewpub and their beers have been moving up the charts - really good lagers and pilsners)
Occidental
Modern Times (really only recommend this place to see their new space and if you like vegan food :mellow: )

And drink as much Block 15 as humanly possible.

Offline urbanhack

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »

Our typical trip to the coast starts with lunch at Pelican, (the original pub in Pacific City, not the production brewery in Tillamook)  From there, we drive to Tillamook for DeGarde, the cheese factory is also a fun place to visit, but they completely redid the visitor center, and food there no longer seemed like a good value like it once was.  Still unlimited cheese samples and great ice cream though.  After Tillamook, we usually drive to Astoria and spend the night there.  Fort George (go to the tasting room that is actually in the brewery, not the pub) and Buoy Brewing, which has decent seafood.  They've also got some glass flooring, there's usually a seal hanging out under the building that you can see.The Rogue location is cool, it is way out on an old cannery pier that you actually drive out on.

Good calls here with Fort George and Buoy.  :thumbup:

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2020, 01:11:46 PM »

There's quite a bit of Alesong on the shelves out here. Definitely move Grains of Wrath up your list and move Great Notion down your list.  Depending on how you view hazies...I'm pretty much done with them except for one-offs from my favorite brewers out here. Here are some others...

Ex Novo is killing it
Breakside as usual
Ruse
Culmination
Wayfinder (newer place - great brewpub and their beers have been moving up the charts - really good lagers and pilsners)
Occidental
Modern Times (really only recommend this place to see their new space and if you like vegan food :mellow: )

Is upright the one pretty close to the basketball arena that's kinda hidden away?

Thanks for the tips :hack:

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2020, 06:05:45 PM »

Ex Novo is killing it
Breakside as usual
Ruse
Culmination
Occidental

Is upright the one pretty close to the basketball arena that's kinda hidden away?

Thanks for the tips :hack:
yes, it is, and not sure if its still the same, but in the past, its "regular" hours were limited to a few days towards the weekend, with additional hours before any home games.
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline urbanhack

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2020, 12:58:40 PM »
I think they tend to be open more now than they used to be.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com

Offline urbanhack

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2020, 07:07:31 PM »
Good news, 'hack.

https://www.newschoolbeer.com/2020/02/grains-of-wrath-opening-portland-location-at-former-lompoc-sidebar

Yea...saw it on FB this week!   Niiiiice.  Really close to one of the areas I frequent.  Super excited (even though I'm drinking less and less beer these days)