search

Author Topic: San Diego - Feb 12 ~ 14  (Read 1692 times)

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Quadrupel
Re: San Diego - Feb 12 ~ 14
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 10:21:07 PM »
Also, just received the latest newsletter from O'Brien's.  On Saturday the 13th at 6:30pm they will tap a keg of Pliny the Younger, as well as Alpine Bad Boy, and AleSmith My Bloody Valentine.   :banned: :banned: :banned:  one for each beer  ;)  Something tells me this place is going to be insanely packed...

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »
-G:  You working the store tomorrow? 

Who is coming down? and what time and were will you be?  I'll likely be bringing two buddies of mine and want them to try the Younger, so I will likely go to O'Brien's for a bit.  My planned schedule:

Lost Abbey- 9:30am-12pm
Stone (maybe for lunch) 1pm-??
O'Brien's ~5:30-7:30pm
???

Offline dill

• Trade Count: (4)
  • IPA
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 07:22:38 PM »
Anyone know a place in SD that will be open and serving beer at 10am?  That has tv's?  I want to watch the Duke-Maryland game and figured I could just drive down in time to see it.  Pizza Port, Stone, etc. all seem to open at 11.  Afterwards, I'd probably want to go get a growler of Bad Boy at Alpine.  Then I'll probably head for lunch at Okan (3860 Convoy St., #110, San Diego, CA 92111).  It happens to be down the street from O'Brien's so I'll probably go grab a beer after lunch, but I might try to get out of there before the craziness ensues.  My Bloody Valentine on cask sounds good.

Offline Westside Threat

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2010, 07:30:47 PM »
Looks like I'm going to be out  :(

Wife and I are doing synchronized barfing thanks to what ever flu we have.  I haven't eaten solid food since Tuesday...not solid food I've kept down at least  <_<
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline dill

• IPA
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2010, 05:42:17 AM »
Let's try not to leave me alone at small bar in the future. Good things apparently don't come from that.

Offline smellysell

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2010, 11:45:10 AM »
Let's try not to leave me alone at small bar in the future. Good things apparently don't come from that.

:coffee:

Javit› Nothing kills a boner like Jesus

braconid› I could have fucked her, but she was pure so I just went with the oral

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »

Sorry about that...I went to pick up another friend and we were planning on going to Hamilton's or Small Bar but once I got to his house I was too tired and with a headache, plus the Pliny left me quite full.  It was nice to hang out with you at O'Brien's though  :cheers:

Offline urbanhack

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »
Sorry guys.   The mexican joint next to small bar didn't treat me so well.  At least I was able to run into dill at Alpine.  :cheers:

Here's to next time.
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.