search

Author Topic: Late Night LA Cornhole 1/9  (Read 950 times)

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
Late Night LA Cornhole 1/9
« on: January 04, 2010, 01:22:44 AM »
So I already talked to J-Rod about possibly meeting up this weekend, but I'll be at my Dad's house in Sunland from Friday evening to Monday morning. The best time to go out for me is 9 or 10PM on Saturday and I won't have a car either.

I'm not sure if anyone is down to meet up, but J-Rod, WST, Dill and Gator> Hey.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
Re: Late Night LA Cornhole 1/9
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »
Bump.

I know this is pretty late notice. ;D

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:44:27 PM »
Just got into Burbank. Headed to Red Carpet Liquors for some brews. I'm up in Sunland so it's really pretty far away from everyone.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 09:15:12 PM »
I just picked up a Consecration batch 2, Alpine Duet and Pure Hoppiness, Kern River Just Outstanding, and Alesmith Winter Yulesmith. I can't wait to dig into some hoppy goodness! I wanted some Union Jack but their sixers were three months old.

Offline Westside Threat

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 10:24:51 PM »
Sorry, just saw this.

Reality is, I'm going to be damn drunk by the end of the 2nd football game Saturday!  I don't think I'll be in any condition to drive anywhere.  BTW where the hell is Sunland?
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline dill

• Trade Count: (4)
  • IPA
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 10:49:56 PM »
Sorry, just saw this.

Reality is, I'm going to be damn drunk by the end of the 2nd football game Saturday!  I don't think I'll be in any condition to drive anywhere.  BTW where the hell is Sunland?

Just saw this as well and had the same reaction. If Sunland is anywhere near Burbankthoigh then you're not too far from Verdugo which is a cool place to check out.

Offline dill

• IPA
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »
Sorry, just saw this.

Just saw this as well and had the same reaction. If Sunland is anywhere near Burbankthoigh then you're not too far from Verdugo which is a cool place to check out.

Just found Sunland. You're pretty far but I can't let you sit up there when you could be out having a beer. I'll figure out a way to make this work. And don't tell me you just came in the day after the game. Sunland is damn close to the Rose Bowl.

Offline smellysell

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 11:06:27 PM »
Sorry, just saw this.

Yeah, definitely check out Verdugo Chip.  They had Temptation on tap when I was there.

Javit› Nothing kills a boner like Jesus

braconid› I could have fucked her, but she was pure so I just went with the oral

Offline smellysell

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 11:08:53 PM »
Sorry, just saw this.

Yeah, definitely check out Verdugo Chip.  They had Temptation on tap when I was there.

Not sure how close it is (local buddy drove everywhere), but the Stuffed Sandwich was badass too.

braconid› I could have fucked her, but she was pure so I just went with the oral

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
I'm playing poker with my dad and his friends now. I just finished the Just Outstanding IPA and it was pretty tasty. I'm about to drink the Alpine Duet then I'm having a Cuban Romeo y Julieta Churchill cigar.

My step-mom is coming in tomorrow around 7:45 and we're going to dinner. I should be free after that around 9PM or so.

We're heading to Stuffed Sandwich tomorrow. Sam was nice enough to sell me a Westy 12 from 2000-ish and a Rodenbach Alexander a couple years ago so I brought him a Divine Reserve 8 & 9 even though it's been a while and he probably won't remember me. Hopefully I can pick up something nice there. 

I can PM my cell to anyone in need.

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 11:55:47 PM »
I'm playing poker with my dad and his friends now. I just finished the Just Outstanding IPA and it was pretty tasty. I'm about to drink the Alpine Duet then I'm having a Cuban Romeo y Julieta Churchill cigar.

My step-mom is coming in tomorrow around 7:45 and we're going to dinner. I should be free after that around 9PM or so.

We're heading to Stuffed Sandwich tomorrow. Sam was nice enough to sell me a Westy 12 from 2000-ish and a Rodenbach Alexander a couple years ago so I brought him a Divine Reserve 8 & 9 even though it's been a while and he probably won't remember me. Hopefully I can pick up something nice there. 

Bribery with Sam goes a long ways.  He broke my Westy12 cherry  :-[

Offline smellysell

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 11:58:52 PM »

You can smoke out in the lounge at Verdugo.  I have a WOAM with some Older Vis and Speedway.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 12:16:37 AM »

You can smoke out in the lounge at Verdugo.  I have a WOAM with some Older Vis and Speedway.

nocar.com sadly. LA is too big to drive around especially after having something to drink.

What is WOAM?

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 12:25:34 AM »

nocar.com sadly. LA is too big to drive around especially after having something to drink.

What is WOAM?

If you can skip out on the family engagements, I'd love to have you over for a bbq  :)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 12:26:40 AM »

What is WOAM?

If you can skip out on the family engagements, I'd love to have you over for a bbq  :)

Now that's an offer.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 12:34:17 AM »

What is WOAM?

If I was staying for any longer than the weekend, I would totally take you up on that, but I haven't been out here to see my dad since May 2008.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 12:35:17 AM »

What is WOAM?

If I was staying for any longer than the weekend, I would totally take you up on that, but I haven't been out here to see my dad since May 2008.

It's quite obvious that you don't like to eat.

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 12:37:02 AM »

What is WOAM?

Photosynthesis explains his growth  :blink:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 12:37:40 AM »

What is WOAM?

Photosynthesis explains his growth  :blink:

He was looking sort of green last time I saw him.

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 12:57:01 AM »
I just checked Sunland on the map and you are waaaaaaaaaaay up there.  I actually didn't know there was a valley between Burbank and the mountains.  Whats it like there?

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 01:09:00 AM »
I just checked Sunland on the map and you are waaaaaaaaaaay up there.  I actually didn't know there was a valley between Burbank and the mountains.  Whats it like there?

Yeah it seems far but it's only about 10 minutes from Burbank up Sunland Blvd. He lives right off the 210 at Sunland Blvd.

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 01:11:39 AM »

Yeah it seems far but it's only about 10 minutes from Burbank up Sunland Blvd. He lives right off the 210 at Sunland Blvd.

I rarely make it past to Burbank

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 01:12:42 AM »

I rarely make it past to Burbank

Same

Offline smellysell

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 01:16:29 AM »
WOAM = Work of Art Maduro

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 01:17:49 AM »
WOAM = Work of Art Maduro

The Maduro in Madison is a work of art.

Offline KingG

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
    • Bine & Vine Bottle Shop
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 01:19:39 AM »
Damn if i knew about this sooner i could have made it up for the weekend.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 01:20:13 AM »

Want to drive to SF in March?

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 01:22:18 AM »

Details?
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 01:25:17 AM »

Details?

Still in the planning stages, but looks like I'll be there for a long weekend in March.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 01:26:01 AM »

:popcorn:

That's the CPA exam off month and I'll have money from work.

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 01:26:23 AM »

Details?

Still in the planning stages, but looks like I'll be there for a long weekend in March.

What for?

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 01:27:05 AM »

Details?

What for?

My BiL lives there.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 01:28:58 AM »

I tried to get gator to come down but it would have been for only one late night.

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 01:32:40 AM »

Details?

Olivia and I are game. A lot depends on the store, though, and if/when I'm in my new place.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 01:34:27 AM »

Details?

Olivia and I are game. A lot depends on the store, though, and if/when I'm in my new place.

:thumbup:  How many months along is she again?

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 01:39:10 AM »

Details?

Right now, almost 12 weeks.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 01:40:11 AM »

Details?

Right now, almost 12 weeks.

Barely showing then.  Much more to come. 

Offline dill

• IPA
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 01:49:44 AM »

In order to avoid traffic I actually drove up the 405 to the 18 and then across on the 210 to go to the rose bowl yesterday. So I went right past your dad'd place and the whole trip took me less than 30 minutes from lax. So you're not too far away but yesterday was my first time and I guess tomorrow will be my second. Unless you take wst up on his offer.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 01:54:22 AM »

In order to avoid traffic I actually drove up the 405 to the 18 and then across on the 210 to go to the rose bowl yesterday. So I went right past your dad'd place and the whole trip took me less than 30 minutes from lax. So you're not too far away but yesterday was my first time and I guess tomorrow will be my second. Unless you take wst up on his offer.

I wish I could. If anyone wants to meet at Stuffed Sandwich tomorrow, I'll be with my dad but I'll probably try and shoot the shit with Sam, have a beer and stay for an hour or so.

Dill> I'll text you tomorrow during the day.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 01:55:49 AM »

I wish I could. If anyone wants to meet at Stuffed Sandwich tomorrow, I'll be with my dad but I'll probably try and shoot the shit with Sam, have a beer and stay for an hour or so.

That will only work if dill has his bag, wallet and phone.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »

Or if he meets someone with access to Google maps.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 02:12:05 AM »

Or if he meets someone with access to Google maps.

Very true.  I think the bird shorts factor in somehow too.

Offline dill

• IPA
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 03:52:10 AM »

Or I can walk to Sunland if that's what it takes.

Shoot me a text when you're on your way to the stuffed sandwich. I'll try yo meet you there then we can sort out the plan for the night. You thinking it will be around noon?

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 04:03:39 AM »

Shoot me a text when you're on your way to the stuffed sandwich. I'll try yo meet you there then we can sort out the plan for the night. You thinking it will be around noon?

Or jog or "work it off".  We know you are willing to do what it takes.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 04:15:31 AM »

Yeah my Dad and I are headed there from Sunland around noon or so. We should get there anywhere between 12:30 and 1 and we'll probably stay for an hour. I want to have one good cellared beer, maybe buy a couple and shoot the shit with Sam, but I don't want to make my Dad stay there too long, since he doesn't drink and all.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
//Update//

My step-mom changed her flight so we're picking her up at the Burbank airport at 12:30 before heading to Stuffed Sandwich.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
WST> You should think about coming out to Father's Office tonight.

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2010, 07:08:47 PM »
Are you coming down?  What time?

Offline dill

• IPA
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2010, 07:18:01 PM »

You mean verdugo, right?

If I come up to Sunland, it would be a lot easier to go there than to come back to fo. I think the beer will be better too. Although they do have victory at sea at the fo now.

Online thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2010, 07:43:47 PM »

You mean verdugo, right?

If I come up to Sunland, it would be a lot easier to go there than to come back to fo. I think the beer will be better too. Although they do have victory at sea at the fo now.

Oh yeah haha. Either way, the beers should be good.