search

Author Topic: Colorado Springs retail?  (Read 451 times)

Offline airplaneblues

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Malt Liquor
Colorado Springs retail?
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:32:08 PM »
Heading to Colorado Springs in a few weeks and want to bring back a haul of beers that aren't available to me here in Cincinnati...Looking for a retail shop in/near C Springs that I can grab some Odell, New Belgium, Russian River stuff. From what I know I will be staying near the Trinity brewpub...
Any locals care to help out?

Cheers

Offline d00d

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Double IPA
    • BigFoamyHead
Re: Colorado Springs retail?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
Heading to Colorado Springs in a few weeks and want to bring back a haul of beers that aren't available to me here in Cincinnati...Looking for a retail shop in/near C Springs that I can grab some Odell, New Belgium, Russian River stuff. From what I know I will be staying near the Trinity brewpub...
Any locals care to help out?

Cheers

I don't get down south very often, sorry.  If you get up to Littleton - then there is a great place (Davidsons Liquor)...
http://www.davidsonsliquors.com/

Offline Oxymoron

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »
Not too familiar with the liquor stores there but I would think your best place would be something in Southern Denver.

I would recommend going to Rocky Mountain Brewery.  Dwayne makes some very tasty beers and they are good guys.  They have a homebrew shop attached to the brewery and its right across the street is a strip joint.  Genius location.

Trinity has been hit and miss with me but I have heard great things from other people.  Phantom Canyon is a brew pub near the down town area.  Food is ok and the beers are ok, more English style and served a bit warm.  I went to Bristol once and the kid doing the tour didn’t know his stuff.  The beers are ok.  They should have Old 23 around that time.  It’s a pretty decent Barleywine

There is a pretty good brewpub on the way to the Springs in Castle Rock and its just off the highway.  Rockyard Brewing.  They have a Amarillo IPA that I thought was pretty good.  Some history on them, when they first started they had some great beers but then the brewer went through a divorce and the beers went down hill.  About a year or two ago they got a new brewer and he is making some good beers.

Offline d00d

• Double IPA
    • BigFoamyHead
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »
Nice write up Oxy - I liked Trinity.  Good food!

I thought Rocky Mountain was a bit of a dive, but they were letting people brew there, had their own yeast and a BBQ truck outside - they had a really large selection from 5g/10g kegs.  I did not get to the strip joint down the street - it was like 10:00am and we were on a bus.  Oh, they sell honey too.

Offline Tolann

• Pilsner
  • Gym rat by day, beer geek by night.
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »
In the 'Springs I think Coaltrain has the best rep. for big selection, and good service.  My favorite store in Southern Denver is Lukas Liquor.  Really great selection and excellent service.  Easy to find too in the Park Meadows area where C470 and I25 intersect. 

If you get a chance to visit any breweries while you're in the 'Springs, I suggest Bristol.  Good beers and nice atmosphere.  Of course, if you can make it further toward Denver, you gotta stop at Dry Dock Brew Company in Aurora.  Awesome beers, awesome people, really really great place.  They won Small Brewery of the Year at the last GABF.   HIGHLY recommended.    ;D
~kids are stupid