Beer Discussion > Beer Talk

Getting Past the Shtick, Get to Know Some Active Members Here

<< < (2/44) > >>

mr. furley:
in my defense, i've tried to cut back on the shtick in dealing with the new members  :mellow:

Kathleen:
flyingbison: Not a native Green Bay-er, he hails from the same area of New York where Bakes (who's also bald and who looks oddly LIKE bison) lives.  As he's in his 40s, he's one of the older members of TBS; his occasional curmudgeonly ways are not (necessarily?) related.  Big advocate of not marrying, thus the "nomarriage.com"-type schtick.  Lives with Ms. Bison, a socially-challenged dog named Griffin, and two cats.  Just bought his first home, but has moved many times over the years.  Travels to Madison occasionally for work (dislikes his job) and Ms. Bison used to live in Madison, so he knows this area pretty well.  Good cook.  

I'll edit as requested.

Kathleen:

--- Quote from: Tip Top on November 19, 2009, 01:50:58 PM ---
mr. furley - (aka Matt, Mark, Mort, etc)  

--- End quote ---

Should probably explain this excellent running gag.   :thumbup:

Tip Top:

--- Quote from: Kathleen on November 19, 2009, 02:38:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tip Top on November 19, 2009, 01:50:58 PM ---
mr. furley - (aka Matt, Mark, Mort, etc)  

--- End quote ---

Should probably explain this excellent running gag.   :thumbup:

--- End quote ---

No need to, Karen.

flyingbison:
Kathleen (aka Kathy, Kath, Tinkerbell, Granny, and Princess Poopsalot) was born in 1870, and then cryogenically frozen at age 25.  She was thawed out a few years ago to film a sitcom pilot about an old woman from the 19th century living in modern times.  The project was quickly abandoned after the first season of "The Simple Life" aired, and Kathy was released into the wilds of Northern Illinois.  It was there she discovered her love of good food and beer, before migrating to Madison.

She and her sweetie Matt/Mitch (aka "Mark" on TBS) hope to build a cabin in the woods one day, cutting down all the trees with their own teeth and stripping the bark with their fingernails.

Turn ons:  NPR, Lawrence Welk, cooking, making her own clothes, farmers markets, public transportation, pork fat, Luddites, and double-ply toilet paper.

Turn offs:  Computers, TV, bad grammar, cats, and Green Bay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version