search

Author Topic: San Diego Real Ale Festival  (Read 332 times)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
San Diego Real Ale Festival
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »
The details from Port Brewing website:

12th Annual Real Ale Festival!

When:Friday and Saturday June 12th & 13th, 2009! Starting at 4pm on Friday and 11am on Saturday to 11pm both days!

Where: Adjacent to Pizza Port Carlsbad located at 571 Carlsbad Village Dr just 1/2 mile West of I-5 in the Village of Carlsbad.

What: The most amazing selection of over 60 beers served from casks in the traditional style! It's a great way to get educated while having too much fun!

HOW MUCH: $25 to get in which includes a commemorative glass and 8 taster tickets. Only $1 for each additional 4 ounce taste once you're inside the festival! Tickets are only available at the door for this the day of the festival!

By popular demand the VIP session is from 1-4pm on Friday June 12th for $40 featuring a limited first crack at all the beers, plus there will be 8-10 VIP beers including a cask of Port Brewing's Older Viscosity, in addition to the glass and taster tickets already offered in the regular admission...these go on sale May 1st! Your name will be on a list at the door so please bring your confirmation and I.D.! Whew whew!

No refunds within 72 hours of VIP session!

Please BRING A DESIGNATED DRIVER or CAB IT---You'll need one!

Cheers!

Offline d00d

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Double IPA
    • BigFoamyHead
Re: San Diego Real Ale Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:53:48 PM »
Someday I'll make it to this one.

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 03:29:27 PM »

It wasn't that good in my opinion...a lot of hoppy beers, IPAs and DIPAs, and in my experience the majority of them are better on tap than on cask.  If you haven't been to their Strong Ale Fest then plan a trip for that one.  Last year Strong Ale Fest had over 100 beers on tap and everything over 8%   :deadbanana:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:44:21 PM »

It wasn't that good in my opinion...a lot of hoppy beers, IPAs and DIPAs, and in my experience the majority of them are better on tap than on cask.  If you haven't been to their Strong Ale Fest then plan a trip for that one.  Last year Strong Ale Fest had over 100 beers on tap and everything over 8%   :deadbanana:

I agree with you Carlos.  Most hoppy beers are better on regular draft.  The one exception I can think of is Furious.  Cask Furious is even better than regular Furious.  A lot better in fact.  Really, it's damn near perfect.