Beer Discussion > Beer Talk

Bottle Dating Codes

(1/10) > >>

Tip Top:
I think lots of us are confused by bottled dating codes.  Furley's thread made me thing it would be nice to have a consolidate list of codes or links for codes for different breweries.  List what you have and I'll copy it in to this post as sort of a "master decoder".

Anchor -
--- Quote ---Works as follows.
First = last digit of the year.

Second = month code (J=January, F=February, M=March, A=April,Y=MaY, U=JUne,L=JuLy,G=AuGust,S=September, O=October, N=November, D=December)

Third = day of month code (Letters A-Z = 1-26, Numbers 7-1 = 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
--- End quote ---

Boulevard Smokestack -
--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on June 08, 2009, 12:50:31 PM ---Boulevard Smokestack (regulars): First character stands for the beer (i.e S for Saison, 6 for Sixth Glass, etc.), second 2 characters are year, and last 3 characters are the day it was bottled (i.e. 120 is the 120th day of the year)

Boulevard Smokestack (specials): year - batch (not for that year but total batches of that beer).

--- End quote ---

Rochefort -
--- Quote ---
--- Quote from: smellysell on June 04, 2009, 02:42:41 PM ---Rochefort's bottling date is 5 years before the date on the label which reads: day/month/year

ie:290812= August 29, 2012 which means it was brewed August 29, 2007

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Saranac -
--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on June 08, 2009, 12:50:31 PM ---Saranac has that system with 2 characters for year and then 3 for day of year and a bunch of extra crap.

--- End quote ---

Sierra Nevada -
Sierra Nevada Dating Codes

Westvleteren -
--- Quote from: smellysell on June 04, 2009, 02:42:41 PM ---ie:290812= August 29, 2012 which means it was brewed August 29, 2007

Westy is the same, but 3 years before the date.

--- End quote ---

***UPDATE*** There is a super list that can be found HERE.  Another one HERE.

urbanhack:
Smuttynose's are pretty easy.  The date and month is "ticked" on the side of the label.

Tip Top:

--- Quote from: urbanhack on June 04, 2009, 02:36:07 PM ---Smuttynose's are pretty easy.  The date and month is "ticked" on the side of the label.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I think lots of them are self explanitory.  I'm looking for other cryptic ones and how to decode them.  Anchor comes to mind.  I have their code at home, so I'll post it when I have a chance.

smellysell:
Rochefort's bottling date is 5 years before the date on the label which reads: day/month/year

ie:290812= August 29, 2012 which means it was brewed August 29, 2007

Westy is the same, but 3 years before the date.

pwoods:
Anyone know Duck Rabbit's?  I just got a bottle in a 'vintage trade'(though it was an extra) that is ticked best before March 2010.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version