search

Author Topic: Lift Bridge Brewing  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
Lift Bridge Brewing
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:57:49 PM »
New beer just came out, Lift Bridge Biscotti...

Biscotti Breakdown:
Unique Belgian Style Ale
7% ABV
We drew inspiration from Steve’s grandmother’s holiday biscotti recipe to create this one of a kind brew. By utilizing an array of malts, oats, wheat, pure local honey, light European hops and delicately spicing with Grains of Paradise, Madagascar vanilla beans, whole star anise, all brought together with traditional Belgian yeast, the result is a cloudy, deep copper colored, complex experience. This delight to the senses should be served in a 12 ounce footed glass and allowed to warm to 50 degrees to fully gather the malt and spice spectrum.
Enjoy while it lasts!

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Barleywine
  • Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    • Craft Beer Time
Re: Lift Bridge Brewing
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »
Beer Dinner - Water Street Inn

In the shadow of the Stillwater Lift Bridge, The Water Street Inn is hosting the first beer dinner with brews exclusively from Lift Bridge Beer Company.  Chef Isaac will be preparing a five course dinner utilizing five unique Lift Bridge beers.  Included with the price of the meal will be five samples of beer with each course and three full pints of Lift Bridge and two hand rolled cigars.

Check out our blog post for the menu.

When: Thursday, June 4th, 2009.  6:00-10:00 PM.
Where: Water Street Inn, 101 Water Street S., Stillwater, MN
Tickets: $49.95 per person. Call today to order tickets (651) 439-6000

Bottles Are Coming Soon

We are pleased to announce that the week of June 22nd we will begin delivering Farm Girl Saison six packs to bars and liquor stores.  If you would like a sneak peak, the Farm Girl Saison beer and bottle are featured in the June issue of Mpls.St.Paul Magazine. 

Who will have them?  There are several places who have pre-ordered cases.  If you would like your favorite liquor store to get them, please email us the name and we will contact them.  Please email us at Sales@LiftBridgeBrewery.com.

Lift Bridge Gear

We have marked down everything in our online store and at Still-H2O.  Save $5 on hats which are normally $20 are $15.  Gear up for the spring and summer with shirts, hoodies, hats, glasses, and special gift baskets.  In addition to having your order shipped to you, we now have two more options.

1. You can now order from our online store and pickup at Still-H2O.
   2. Stop in at Still-H2O, browse what they have in stock, get the right size and pay in the store.

Still-H2O - (651) 351-2822 -14375 6th St N, Oak Park Heights, MN 55082
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

"Who cares how time advances?  I'm drinking ale today." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »
You can now order kegs of Lift Bridge from places like Syrduks including seasonal Chestnut Hill Brown Ale.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 11:20:22 AM »
LiftBridge    First cases of Crosscut Pale Ale were delivered to Liberty Village Wine and Spirits in Stillwater. We are out delivering now.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 05:26:28 PM »
Crosscut Pale AleTM Now Available in Bottles.

We are please to announce that our Crosscut Pale AleTM is now available in bottles.  We are in the process of getting beer out to your favorite beer store.  We will update our Twitter account as we make deliveries, but we plan to have beer out to everyone by the end of the week.  Head over to your favorite beer store and pick up a six pack.

Crosscut Pale AleTM was our second beer release and has been available since September 2008 in draft only.  Crosscut Pale AleTM will continue to be available in draft at fine bars and restaurants.

Lift Bridge Gear

Looking for a holiday gift for that hop head?  Stop by Still-H2O or Heritage Embroidery.  We also have our gear available from our our online store.

* Still-H2O - (651) 351-2822 -14375 6th St N, Oak Park Heights, MN 55082
    * Heritage Embroidery.  - (651) 430-9220 -1655 Market Dr. - Stillwater, MN 55082

Lift Bridge is Available in Southern MN

We are pleased to announce that as of early October 2009 Arneson Distributing of Sleepy Eye, MN has been delivering cases and kegs of tasty Lift Bridge Brews in their distribution area.  This includes the following communities:

* Granite Falls
    * Hutchinson
    * Redwood Falls
    * New Ulm
    * Waseca
    * Owatonna
    * Albert Lea
    * Mankato

If you are in the area and would like your local beer store, bar or restaurant to carry Lift Bridge, please ask them to carry it.

Offline incutrav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilsner
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:28:53 AM »
Minnesota Tan is going to be released in 4pks this spring/summer. Ligonberry goodness.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 05:34:11 PM »
“Stillwater will be the home of a new brewery in 2010.  Lift Bridge Beer Company is happy to announce that they have chosen a building to develop a new craft brewery in Stillwater.  In the shadows of the Stillwater water tower stands a 10,500 sq. ft. building that will become home to Lift Bridge Brewery in the months to come.  Lift Bridge Beer Co. has entered into an agreement to purchase the building located at 1900 Tower Drive in Stillwater, MN.” Tours and growler sales are part of the plan.

http://blog.liftbridgebeer.com/?p=279

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 08:52:49 AM »

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »
Suspension of 6-Pack Bottle Sales

Lift Bridge Fans and Supporters, we have been hit with a bottled beer shortage which will cause us to be out of our bottled beer for a few months. The reason for the suspension of shipments is due to our supplier, Cold Spring Brewing Co who has not been able to produce beer for us. They have decided to prioritize other brands ahead of ours. It certainly is their decision on what to brew and when, however we were caught with extremely short notice.

In response to this situation we are working to purchase and install bottling capabilities at our brewery in Stillwater, MN. We currently produce 100% of our draft beer in Stillwater and have capacity to keep up with our draft account. Today, we are receiving additional fermenters, increasing our capacity by 66%. This will allow us react quicker and not be dependent on a single supplier.

This plan will take several months to complete, but we will have bottles back on shelves later in 2011. It is unfortunate for our distributor partners, bottle retail customers and our loyal customers but we will be back soon and better than ever.

Currently we have a quite a list of new beers planned for later this year. They include an oyster stout, Oktoberfest, the return of Biscotti, and a bourbon barrel aged barley wine.

We appreciate your continued support. Please feel free to stop by to check out the brewery, pick up a growler of fresh beer or join us on a tour. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Dan Schwarz
dan @ liftbridgebrewery.com
1900 Tower Drive
Stillwater, MN 55082
Ph: +888-430-BEER (2337) x55

Lift Bridge Now Selling Growlers

Lift Bridge Brewing Co is the first brewery in Stillwater since Prohibition ended.  Stop by any Thurs-Fri from 5-8 PM or Sat 2-5 PM to pick up a Suds Barge.   

Come get a growler for $5 and a fill of your favorite Lift Bridge Brew:

Farm Girl Saison®
Crosscut Pale Ale
Chestnut Hill Brown Ale
Hop Prop IPA
Check us out on Twitter and Facebook or sign up for our E-News Letter.

We are located at 1900 Tower Drive, Stillwater, MN.  See you at the brewery!

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 07:18:53 AM »
he Commander Release
The release of the long-awaited Bourbon Barrel Aged Barley Wine, the "Commander" will be on  Saturday, Nov 19. Save that Date! You won't want to miss it! More details will be coming very soon.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 09:34:57 AM »
http://blog.liftbridgebeer.com/?p=338

Commander Barleywine Release 2012
Join us for the 2nd Annual Commander™ Barleywine Release Party on November 17th, 2012 3-8 PM.  This year we will feature an Old Timey Circus Theme.  We will have contests, prizes, classic carnival games, live music, great food and of course Lift Bridge Beer.  You can purchase tickets to the event and pre-order the 2012 Commander™.

About the Beer

This is the 2012 vintage of The Commander™.  For those who haven’t tried it from last year, it is our English-Style Barleywine ale brewed with excessive malt and subtle, sweet cardamom. We aged in bourbon barrels, its bold, complex flavor reaches heights measured only by the building of its namesake. This 12.5% ABV treat is best enjoyed in smaller portions when you have some time to savor it,between now and 2021.  The  barrels were shipped directly from Heaven Hill Distillery in Kentucky shortly after they were emptied.

To Preorder Beer:

When: Tue-Thu 5-8 PM, Fri 12-8 PM, Sat 12-5 PM.
Where: Lift Bridge Brewery, 1900 Tower Drive, Stillwater, MN or Online
Cost: $16 per 750ml bottle, limit 6 per person.

Release Party

To celebrate the release of the beer, we are having a Old-Timey Circus themed party at the brewery. What can you expect at the event?

Sample of the Commander™ and a Limited Release glass
Live music by Thrift Store Sonata
Games:
Commander™ Mustache Contest (Start growing it now!)
Circus Costume Contest
For Purchase:
Lift Bridge Beers
Food by local Food trucks (TBA)
Tickets for the 21+ event are on sale now at the brewery during normal taproom hours and are available online now.

When: Saturday, November 17th, 2012, 3-8 PM. 
Where: Lift Bridge Brewery, 1900 Tower Drive, Stillwater, MN
Cost: $10 from the brewery or Online

FAQs

Below is a list of questions we commonly get.  We will update the list as they come in.

What ages can attend? This is a 21+ only event.  Sorry, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS.  Oh, and we will card everyone, so bring a valid ID. 
Do you accept credit/debit cards? Yes, most credit cards are accepted.
What if I can’t make it to the brewery to pick up the tickets, will you take orders by phone or online? No problem, you can pick them up online.
I don’t like paying online ticket fees, how can I avoid that? We don’t either, so you can stop in during taproom hours and pick up a ticket.
I can’t make it to the event that day, can my good buddy (sibling, best-man, parents, etc.) pick up my beer for me? Sorry, no.  The tickets for the beer are not transferrable.  See below.
What if I can’t make it to the brewery to pick up my beer the day of the event? We will hold your beer until the end of the month and you can pick it up during normal taproom hours.
What if I just want to pick up my beer? That is fine, you do not need to buy a ticket to the event.
Do I have to pre-buy tickets to pick up a bottle?  No, however those with tickets will get their bottles first.  If there are any left, you will be able to purchase a bottle.
Can I buy the beer in fine beer stores? Yes, if you are quick. This limited beer will be available from fine beer stores.
Will the beer be on tap at my favorite bar?I  Yes, we will have a limited amount available at fine beer bars.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 06:00:51 AM »
Irish Coffee Stout Release Party
Saturday, March 9th, 2013
Join the Lift Bridge Brewing Co. for the release of our newest Limited Release beer. The Irish Coffee Stout will be available for the first time on tap and in 750ml bottles for purchase at the brewery.

When: Saturday, March 9th, 6-10 PM.
Where: Lift Bridge Brewery
1900 Tower Drive, Stillwater, MN 
Cost: $5 admission, your first pour FREE
Bottle Sales: $14, maximum purchase of 3 bottles. Only 400 bottles available.

Featuring...
Irish Theme
Dress Like Leprechaun Contest
Good. Irish. Music. from The Langer's Ball
Food Trucks featuring... R.A. MacSammy's and Tot Boss.
Bottle Sales
Get your event ticket or reserve your bottles at the brewery or online NOW!

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 09:55:51 AM »
Commander Barleywine Release Event 2013

Sun Nov 3, 2013

LB_Comm_22oz_13Refresh_x2OLJoin us for the 3rd Annual Commander™ Barleywine Release Party on November 16th, 2013 3-10 PM.  We will have contests, prizes, classic carnival games, live music, great food and of course Lift Bridge Beer.  You can purchase tickets to the event and pre-order the 2013 Commander™.

About the Beer
This is the 2013 vintage of The Commander™.  For those who haven’t tried it from previous years, it is our English-Style Barleywine ale brewed with an excessive malt malt bill and subtle, sweet cardamom. We aged in bourbon barrels, its bold, complex flavor reaches heights measured only by the building of its namesake. The  barrels were shipped directly from Heaven Hill Distillery in Kentucky shortly after they were emptied.  This 12.5% ABV treat is best enjoyed in smaller portions when you have some time to savor it,between now and 2022.

To Preorder Beer:

When: Tue-Thu 5-10 PM, Fri-Sat 12-10 PM.
Where: Lift Bridge Brewery, 1900 Tower Drive, Stillwater, MN or Online
Cost: $16 per 750ml bottle, limit 6 per person.

Release Party

Lift_Bridge_Limited_Release_GlassTo celebrate the release of the beer, we are having a party at the brewery. What can you expect at the event?

Sample of the Commander™ and a Limited Release glass
Live music by Thrift Store Sonata
Games:
Commander™ Mustache Contest (Start growing it now!)
For Purchase:
Lift Bridge Beers
Food by local Food trucks (TBA)
Tickets for the 21+ event are on sale now at the brewery during normal taproom hours and are available online now.

When: Saturday, November 16th, 2013, 3-10 PM. 
Where: Lift Bridge Brewery, 1900 Tower Drive, Stillwater, MN
Cost: $10 from the brewery or Online

FAQs

Below is a list of questions we commonly get.  We will update the list as they come in.

What ages can attend? This is a 21+ only event.  Sorry, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS.  Oh, and we will card everyone, so bring a valid ID. 
Do you accept credit/debit cards? Yes, most credit cards are accepted.
What if I can’t make it to the brewery to pick up the tickets, will you take orders by phone or online? No problem, you can pick them up online.
I don’t like paying online ticket fees, how can I avoid that? We don’t either, so you can stop in during taproom hours and pick up a ticket.
I can’t make it to the event that day, can my good buddy (sibling, best-man, parents, etc.) pick up my beer for me? Sorry, no.  The tickets for the beer are not transferrable.  See below.
What if I can’t make it to the brewery to pick up my beer the day of the event? We will hold your beer until the end of 2013 and you can pick it up during normal taproom hours.
What if I just want to pick up my beer? That is fine, you do not need to buy a ticket to the event.
Do I have to pre-buy tickets to pick up a bottle?  No, however those with tickets will get their bottles first.  If there are any left, you will be able to purchase a bottle.
Can I buy the beer in fine beer stores? Yes, if you are quick. This limited beer will be available from fine beer stores.
Will the beer be on tap at my favorite bar? Yes, we will have a limited amount available at fine beer bars.

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 10:20:33 AM »
Swung by yesterday since I was in the area and they were selling some beers they have been cellaring.  Ended up with a 2013 and 2015 Commander and a 2019 BA Silhouette. Will be opening those this weekend.  :banned:
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 12:58:24 PM »
Swung by yesterday since I was in the area and they were selling some beers they have been cellaring.  Ended up with a 2013 and 2015 Commander and a 2019 BA Silhouette. Will be opening those this weekend.  :banned:

Back to back to back all in one night solo! :banned: :banned: :banned:

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 01:20:11 PM »

Back to back to back all in one night solo! :banned: :banned: :banned:

Bookmark

http://www.thebeerspot.com/forum/index.php/topic,4936.300.html
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker