search

Author Topic: Cascade Brewing  (Read 3241 times)

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
Re: Cascade Brewing
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 09:14:36 AM »
Cascade is overrated. I do like them but not as much as everyone else seems to. All their sours have a chalky pez character.

:lol:
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline everetends

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Barleywine
  • The flightless waterfowl of your nightmares.
    • Birmingham Craft Beer Examiner (aka me!)
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 03:23:50 PM »
Cascade is overrated. I do like them but not as much as everyone else seems to. All their sours have a chalky pez character.

yum . . . PEZ.   :thumbup:
22:56:51 ‹Javit› :EXCITEDBONAR:
22:56:57 ‹Javit› keep it up gilly, keep it up

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2012, 12:36:48 AM »

I agree.  :unsure:

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 05:59:39 AM »

I agree.  :unsure:

;D

Offline ender

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • Location: Kicking your asses at SFV and have a summer home in pandora
  • Putting in the hardest work of all, caring...
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2012, 08:23:55 AM »

I like them better than most american sours.
jolly pumpkin is my go to... good sours that age well.
rhyder74 on ps4.

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 08:27:19 AM »

I like them better than most American sours.

As much as I love jp they are one dimensional IMO

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »

Most sours strike me as one dimensional.  Tart flavor maybe with added fruit.   :shrug:

Offline Sebowski

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »
The Vine and Blackberry are two of the best Sours I've ever had.
Cascade Rulz
Home is where the Nelson is.

Offline KingG

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
    • Bine & Vine Bottle Shop
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »

Most sours strike me as one dimensional.  Tart flavor maybe with added fruit.   :shrug:
Have you tried Cuvee de Tomme? As complex as American sours get.

I put Jolly Pumpkin and Cascade on the same level.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »

I had a small sample during Bracfest I believe.  I wouldn't seek it out because I try not to give any money to that guy.   :shrug:

Offline Javit

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Old Ale
  • A wild rumpus!
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »

I had a small sample during Bracfest I believe.  I wouldn't seek it out because I try not to give any money to that guy.   :shrug:

:goodposting: :goodposting:  I like Cascade stuff.  I think Jolly Pumpkin generally sucks though.  I think the only beer I've liked of theirs was Biere de Mars. 
Yo lloré porque no tenía zapatos hasta que vi un niño que no tenía pies.
- Oswaldo Guayasamín

01:11:54 ‹everetends› you are a big, rigid boy

01:44:00 ‹everetends› I have huge balls

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »

:goodposting: :goodposting:  I like Cascade stuff.  I think Jolly Pumpkin generally sucks though.  I think the only beer I've liked of theirs was Biere de Mars.

I don't mind JP's Bam in the summer is cool but I don't buy them much anymore... I just think they could be so much better than they are with the barrel program they have.

Offline everetends

• Barleywine
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 05:48:52 PM »

I don't mind JP's Bam in the summer is cool but I don't buy them much anymore... I just think they could be so much better than they are with the barrel program they have.
I only drink JP on draft.  Bottle prices are a bit high for me for what they are, but for 4 bucks a tulip I'll drink Oro de Calabaza all day long. 

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

I only drink JP on draft.  Bottle prices are a bit high for me for what they are, but for 4 bucks a tulip I'll drink Oro de Calabaza all day long.

I had a 2 yr old bottle last week and it was nice...

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
Aged Oro De Calabaza, La Roja, and Firefly are all nice.

Offline Sebowski

• Quadrupel
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 01:27:34 AM »
Someone should start a Jolly Pumpkin thread so we can all talk about different Cascade beers.

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 07:19:20 AM »
Someone should start a Jolly Pumpkin thread so we can all talk about different Cascade beers.

:lol:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »
This week's Tap It Tuesday at 6pm is Live Red, a NW style sour red ale that was aged for four months in Bourbon barrels. Dark red wine, raisins and red grape skin aromas are noticed up front. Sweet red grapes and caramel with hints of hazelnuts roll across the palate. Bright red currants and cherries linger in the finish. There is no fruit or spicing in this beer, it's just a double red aged on oak. 6.5 % ABV, $6 per glass. 

Bottling update: we are very sorry to report that Figaro has been deemed not ready for release by our brewmaster. We only want the best for our sour fans, so we will release no beer before its time. This Thursday will still see the release of Sang Noir at 4:30 pm at the Cascade Brewing Barrel House. It will also be available on the internet that same day (click here). Sang Noir is a blend of red ales that were aged in oak and Bourbon barrels for 12 months before aging on fresh Bing and sour pie cherries for an additional six months. The cost is $21 per 750 ml bottle and there is no bottle limit.

As for the release of Figaro, stay tuned for an update in the weeks to come; we are coordinating with City Beer Store in San Francisco. 

Offline Sebowski

• Quadrupel
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2012, 02:54:09 AM »
Rumor has it they are saving the Figaro release until I am there in about 3 weeks.  :ale:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 01:50:23 PM »
Tonight's Tap It Tuesday Live from the Barrel series at 6pm is Spiced Red Apple. This Northwest sour style triple ale was barrel aged for 16 months in French oak. Aromas of deep, rich, red apple skins and light, sweet pepper notes are noticed up front. Sweet candy notes and apple skins on the palate lead to a light pepper and dry, sweet apple finish. A few of these just might have you bobbing for apples! 9.5% ABV, $6.50 glass. 

Coming this week to the Raccoon Lodge & the Barrel House is a limited draft only product, Barrel Aged Bruin. This Northwest style sour bruin ale was barrel aged for 18 months in French oak. Aromas of dark sweet malts, oak and spices are the first to be noticed.  Sweet, dark candy, port and hints of vanilla appear with each sip. Look for rich sherry, oak and dark fruit notes that linger at the end. 9% ABV, $7 Glass or $2 taster. 

Strawberry and Figaro bottles are coming along nicely and will be here before you know it - however, we don't have an exact date yet. When we do, you'll be the first to know! Apricot is tasting amazing as well, and the bottles will be here in late June.

On this week's menu, we have a Ham & Watermelon Chevre Wrap featuring local smoked ham, spring mix, red onion, cucumber, red pepper & candied almond sprinkle wrapped in a flour tortilla dressed with watermelon Fromage Blanc spreadable chevre & a drizzle of our BluBarb compote ($8); a Cuban Panini featuring local smoked ham, house pulled pork, Gruyere cheese & dill pickle on a brioche bun dressed with dijonnaise, then panini grilled until crisp ($8.5); and Pickled Quail Eggs & Speck featuring dill & sweet pickled quail eggs, speck (smoked/cured pork), whipped dork fat (a combo of duck & pork fat), fruit compote & housemade Portland Ale crackers ($8); and Dark & White Chocolate Nibs - pair NW Sour Beer with 63% dark & mystic white chocolate for the ultimate sweet & sour experience ($1).

Soup this week is House Beer Cheese daily, Smoked Tomato Basil Bisque and Clam Chowder starting Friday and running through the weekend while supplies last.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
Happy Tuesday, Cascade Fans!

Tonight's Tap It Tuesday live from the barrel series at 6pm is LIVE: Diesel #2. This barrel aged stout was brewed with chocolate and roasted malts, black strap molasses and dark Belgian candi sugar, then aged for nine months in Heaven Hill rye whiskey barrels on Bourbon vanilla beans and black mission figs. Dark sweet chocolate, coffee, Bourbon and molasses with hints of vanilla greet you in the nose. Notes of dark coffee and milk chocolate intermingle with the roasted malts and dark molasses to finish with a slight Bourbon heat and a lingering sweet dark chocolate flavor. 10% ABV, 50 IBUs,  $8 glass, $3 taster.

Figaro bottles should be ready sometime in August - this was a very limited run, so there will be no online sales for this beer; it will only be available at the Barrel House, the Raccoon Lodge, and the City Beer Store in San Francisco. When we have the date, we'll announce here and on Facebook/Twitter/Google+.

This week's specials include Fig Pesto Chevre Panini Madness, only $3 while supplies last! Layers of Mission figs sauteed in The Vine, smoked tomato pesto & goat cheese, panini pressed between a brioche bun until crisp; and a Pesto Alfredo Pasta Bowl, featuring fresh linguine tossed with bell peppers, zucchini, red onion & hand-crafted pesto alfredo sauce, topped with fresh basil & chopped roma tomato and served with ciabatta toast points ($5/$8 w/chicken). Soup this week is House Beer Cheese and Creamy Roasted Potato Garlic daily, and Clam Chowder starting Friday and running through the weekend while supplies last.

Have a great week - Servus! 

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 04:30:48 PM »
Ah, Monday, the start of another work week. At least you can look forward to Tap It Tuesday! This week's live from the barrel series is LIVE: Sour Wheat. This NW style sour wheat ale is one of our lightest offerings. Subtle aromas of honey and light, bright lemon are noticed up front. Soft malt and a sweet, lemony tartness in the initial taste give way to hints of oak in the finish. Multiple layers of sour dance around the palate all throughout this beer. 6.5% ABV, $6.5 glass.

Bottle update: we still have some Strawberry available, though it's going fast, as well as Sang Noir and The Vine. Figaro bottles are slated to be released before the end of August. Remember, Figaro will only be available at the Raccoon Lodge, the Barrel House and City Beer Store in San Francisco. There will be no online sales of this beer, the quantities are too limited.

This week's food specials include a Smoked Beef Délice Sandwich ($9), featuring house-smoked sliced beef, Diesel Stout caramelized onions, Délice de Bourgogne brie & tomato stacked on a toasted ciabatta roll, lightly dressed with creamy horseradish spread; Mini Caprese Skewers ($4.5) of fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes & fresh basil drizzled with extra virgin olive oil & red balsamic vinegar, seasoned with sea salt & fresh ground pepper and served with Portland Ale crackers; an our famed Blackberry Sour Cream Cheese Pie ($3) dotted with blackberries, swirled with compote and finished with a Kriek sour beer reduction.

Soup this week is House Beer Cheese and Borscht (vegetarian version, served hot or cold) daily, and Clam Chowder starting Friday and running through the weekend while supplies last.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
Don't know if I'll have time to get something up in News, so here's the important parts...

Cascade Brewing
Worldwide release of Noyaux bottles today at 5 pm at Barrel House & Rac Lodge! $25, 4 bottle limit. Sales will go online next week.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2013, 04:39:02 PM »

Cascade Brewing
The Vine 2012 will be released this Thursday, Feb. 14th at 4:30 pm at the Barrel House, the Raccoon Lodge and online. Price is $20 per 750ml bottle. The Vine is a blend of Blond and Wheat ales that were barrel aged for up to 12 months before aging on fresh pressed white grape must for an additional three months. http://shop.cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com/.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2013, 09:53:14 PM »
Cascade Brewing Barrel House5:57 PM  -  Public
In bottle news, we are waiting patiently for the Bourbonic Plague to pass Brewmaster Ron's muster - it is aging nicely and labels are en route. Currently online, we have Vlad the Impaler ($30), Noyaux ($25 and not much left), The Vine ($20), Blueberry ($20), Apricot ($18) and Kriek ($18). Following is the definitive list of states that we can ship beer to: AZ, CA, CO, CT (sorry no dry towns or counties), DC, FL (sorry no dry towns or counties), GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH (except for Ellsworth, Millsfield, Monroe and Sharon), NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV (certain zip codes not allowed), WI and WY. If you put an order on our shopping cart for a disallowed state, we will cancel the order and notify you. Our online site is available at: http://shop.cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2013, 10:19:10 PM »
Cascade Brewing Barrel House5:57 PM  -  Public
In bottle news, we are waiting patiently for the Bourbonic Plague to pass Brewmaster Ron's muster - it is aging nicely and labels are en route. Currently online, we have Vlad the Impaler ($30), Noyaux ($25 and not much left), The Vine ($20), Blueberry ($20), Apricot ($18) and Kriek ($18). Following is the definitive list of states that we can ship beer to: AZ, CA, CO, CT (sorry no dry towns or counties), DC, FL (sorry no dry towns or counties), GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH (except for Ellsworth, Millsfield, Monroe and Sharon), NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV (certain zip codes not allowed), WI and WY. If you put an order on our shopping cart for a disallowed state, we will cancel the order and notify you. Our online site is available at: http://shop.cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com.
:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Offline ender

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • Location: Kicking your asses at SFV and have a summer home in pandora
  • Putting in the hardest work of all, caring...
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:46 AM »
just had a 2009 bottle of vlad the imp aler, very good... slow sipper.
rhyder74 on ps4.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2013, 07:13:09 AM »
Manhattan NW will be released this Thursday, April 4th at 4pm at the Barrel House. This is a blend of spiced Blond Quads that were aged in Bourbon barrels for up to 12 months before aging on cherries and noyaux for up to an additional 13 months. Price will be $30 with a limit of 4 bottles per person. In-house only (also available at Raccoon Lodge), NO online sales. It is a very small run and will likely be gone in a short amount of time.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2013, 04:23:03 PM »
BOTTLE RELEASES!

We will be holding the worldwide bottle & draft release of  2012 Figaro this Thursday, July 11 at 4:30pm PDT at the Barrel House, the Raccoon Lodge AND online. Price is $25 each, with a limit of 4 bottles per person. This NW style sour ale is a strong blond ale aged in Chardonnay barrels for 12 months, then additionally aged with dried white figs and lemon peel for up to 12 months. Aromas of sweet figs, golden raisins and citrus zest are noticed up front. Hints of white wine grapes, lemon peel and sweet figs roll across the palate, leading to crisp lemon tartness in the finish that leaves a lingering sweetness on the tongue. For online sales, visit
http://shop.cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com

We will be holding the worldwide bottle & draft release of 2012 Tangerine Dream NW next Thursday, July 18 at 4:30pm PDT at both the Barrel House and the Raccoon Lodge. Sorry, there are NO online sales for this beer. Price is $30 each, with a limit of 4 bottles per person. This easy drinking NW style sour spiced old ale was aged in rum barrels for 20 months with tangerine zest, then blended with our aged Apricot Ale. Sweet aromas of tangerine and rum are the first thing you notice as you draw your glass near. A quenching sweet citrus and rum spice take turns dancing on your palate. Rich rum spice and warmth lead to a lingering sweet tangerine finish. Most rum beers only go to 10, ours goes to 11!

These bottle releases are subject to change with little or no notice; follow us on Facebook or Twitter for up to date info.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2013, 08:07:34 AM »
SANG NOIR BOTTLES AND DRAFT

Sang Noir 2012 will go on sale in bottles and on draft next Wednesday, Nov. 27th at 4:30pm PST. Bottles cost $25 with a 4 bottle max. Sang Noir WILL be available online; orders accepted as of 4:30pm next Wed, but won't be filled until Tuesday, Dec. 3. Draft price is $7.5 a glass or $2.5 a taster. This NW style sour ale is a blend of red and double red beers that were aged in Bourbon and Pinot Noir barrels for 12 to 24 months, then blended with barrel aged Bing and sour pie cherries. Rich, dark cherries, dark fruit, Bourbon and hints of leather greet you in the nose. Tart dark cherries, dark caramels and hints of Port on the palate lead to a bright, tart, dark cherry finish with lingering hints of oak and Bourbon.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2013, 06:47:30 AM »

Cascade Brewing
Look what we bottled today!

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2014, 10:00:31 PM »
http://store.cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com/

We are very sorry to report that at this time, we are suspending shipping our beer due to the legalities of sending beer across state lines. Our online store is currently closed. We will continue to work to address this issue, and keep you apprised of the situation if and when something changes. We value you as our customers and will continue to focus on brewing our world-class NW-Style sour ales. In the meantime, please enjoy our beers at the source.
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:27 PM »
We will be releasing 750ml bottles of our Foudre Project #1 at 4: 30pm on Thursday Sept. 18th at the Barrel House and Raccoon Lodge. No bottle limits, no distribution at this time. $25 per bottle. Celebrate the commission of our new foudre (large oak tank) with this limited, first-run edition. Foudre Project #1 is a NW Style sour ale that is a blend of Triples aged in one of our foudre. Look for aromas of sweet candy, apple and subtle hints of citrus as you draw the glass near. Sweet candy and oak mingle on the palate and lead to a soft, round, sweet finish with a lingering oak note. 9.2% ABV. Also on draft.

We will be releasing 750ml bottles of Elderberry at 4:30pm on Thursday, Sept. 25th at the Barrel House and Raccoon Lodge.  No bottle limits, no distribution at this time. $22 per bottle.

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »
Exciting news! We're working w/distributors to bring Cascade sours to the following states: DC, ME, MD, MI, OH, SC, TN, VA & WI, stay tuned!
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline Oxymoron

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2016, 08:08:45 PM »
Exciting news! We're working w/distributors to bring Cascade sours to the following states: DC, ME, MD, MI, OH, SC, TN, VA & WI, stay tuned!

Holy crap that is a lot of states.  I guess when your bottle is $30~$35 a bottle it tends to sit on the shelf longer.

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2016, 09:59:33 PM »

Holy crap that is a lot of states.  I guess when your bottle is $30~$35 a bottle it tends to sit on the shelf longer.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Not sure how many high priced AWAs are flying off of WI shelves, but who knows. O'so and Funk Factory beers are hitting around $20 a pop and they seem to be doing pretty well I guess. But they are also local. And mainly brewery only releases.
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline BryanC

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2016, 02:36:42 PM »
Yeah, I was excited when I first read the news, then remembered how much they cost usually.  Doubt I'll buy many.