search

Author Topic: New Glarus  (Read 17367 times)

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
Re: New Glarus
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2009, 11:29:09 PM »
From this interview with Dan Carey.  Looks like the first beer in the new brewery-only R&D series is a lambic?!?!?   I might need someone to pick some up for me before GTOMW.  :wub:

How did you develop the yeast for your Belgians?

DC: It’s a blend, a bacterial fermentation. Our yeast is a standard ale yeast but it’s a souring fermentation. So it’s more akin to like a Rodenbach type of a beer. But, like I said, we’ve got a Lambic that’s started with two types of Brettanomyces, an ale yeast and a couple of different bacteria. That’s only going to be sold out of the brewery, though. That will be a kind of secret series where we only do a small amount-200 barrels. We’ll bottle it up and sell it out of the gift shop. That’ll be out this summer probably.

So this new series, this is different from the Unplugged series?

DC: Yeah. It’s a step up from that. It’s called the R+D Series because about a year ago we hired Randy Thiel. He was the brewmaster at Ommegang. He’s now our lab manager. So he and I are working together.

Edit:  Looks like Ben posted the interview, but still New Glarus Lambic!!

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2009, 02:10:40 AM »
May 27, 2009    New Glarus Brewing Company Opens the Doors to their New Hilltop Brewery!

New Glarus Brewing Company Opens the Doors to their New Hilltop Brewery!

New Glarus, WI
May 27, 2009:

Deborah and Daniel Carey invite all of their Wisconsin friends to the highly anticipated Grand Opening of their new state of the art Hilltop Brewery June 13th. The public will finally be able to tour the new Brewery and Gift Shop as well as sample freshly brewed beers. Saturday afternoon The Jimmys will be performing their original Blues and R&B to welcome visitors, so bring your dancing shoes! Opening hours are 10:00 AM-5:00 PM. Tours are free.

New Glarus Brewing Company began breaking the rules in 1993 when it became the first brewery in the United States to be founded and run by a woman, the current company President, Deborah Carey. Beginning with just two beers, New Glarus has gone on to brew over 50 different beer styles. Increased demand for these unique brews has led to a 10% increase in sales this year alone, so rest assured that their original Riverside Brewery will continue brewing new and exciting beers. The new Hilltop Brewery added 100,000 barrels of capacity to the 30,000 barrels already produced at the Riverside Brewery. They anticipate sales of over 80,000 barrels in 2009, all sold exclusively in Wisconsin.

Those anxious for a look at the Hilltop Brewery may explore the $20 million expansion at their leisure everyday between 10 and 4:00. The Hilltop Garden offers a relaxing environment to enjoy samples of New Glarus beers afterwards. For those that wish to take a taste of New Glarus Brewing Co. home with them, the gift shop will also be open until 5:00 PM. Or head into the Village and enjoy New Glarus beers with your friends under the tent as the New Glarus Polka Fest. Deborah and Daniel invite their friends to explore the quaint Village of New Glarus, including the many ethnic shops and top quality restaurants.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Barleywine
  • Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »
Beer finder added to the New Glarus website.

http://newglarusbrewing.com/BeerFinder.cfm
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

"Who cares how time advances?  I'm drinking ale today." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2009, 07:17:23 PM »

worked nice.. since I will be driving thru there on Friday... stocking up on NG and then Surly.. talk to the liquor store in Rochester, MN to put aside some surly for me :)
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »

worked nice.. since I will be driving thru there on Friday... stocking up on NG and then Surly.. talk to the liquor store in Rochester, MN to put aside some surly for me :)

I'll warn you that some of the stores in the cities were out of Cynic this Monday.  Not sure how the supply is doing in Rochester.

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »

I'll warn you that some of the stores in the cities were out of Cynic this Monday.  Not sure how the supply is doing in Rochester.

good to know thanks...

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »
really impressed with the new hilltop facility was out there yesterday and had a nice time...

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »

so this tells us where New Glarus products are carried but not if a particular store has a specific beer it looks like

searched by Black Wheat within 10 miles of GB and it lists 28 places. i have never seen it anywhere around here.
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »

so this tells us where New Glarus products are carried but not if a particular store has a specific beer it looks like

searched by Black Wheat within 10 miles of GB and it lists 28 places. i have never seen it anywhere around here.

I got some at Woodman's a few weeks ago.  :mellow:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2009, 03:41:47 PM »

ohmfbs

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »

ohmfbs

WTF mate?

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2009, 09:39:47 PM »

ohmfbs

WTF mate?

s/h for OhHolyMother####ingBullshit

Offline nchrist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
s/h for OhHolyMother####ingBullshit

no duh

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2009, 03:39:36 PM »
Organic Revolution bottles will now contain the USDA seal.

-----

In November of 2008, in a question that may shock many, New Glarus Brewing Company asked 'What would you like us to brew for you?' The more popular response by their fans has led to the release of their latest seasonal offering, 'Yokel'.

New Glarus Brewing Company is an unusual company. Run by a husband and wife team, and only distributing in Wisconsin, New Glarus Brewing Company surprises many. Rarely would a company allow their fans to contribute in such a direct way to the products that they are offered. But New Glarus Brewing Company does, having a vote each year to allow their fans to determine which beers they would like brewed for them, and is the only company in Wisconsin to do so. The results of that vote last year have happily led here, to New Glarus Brewing Company's 'Yokel'.

Yokel is a "Zwickel bier". The term "Zwickel" comes from the German word referring to the “Tap on a Beer Vat”. Zwickel Bier is therefore a beer served directly from a lager tank with no other processing ..... as fresh and natural as a lager beer can get. Being served beer directly from the lager tank is traditionally a special privilege reserved for those lucky enough to be favored by the brewmaster. New Glarus Brewing Company extends this privilege to all their fans with Yokel, one of the most voted for brews in the vote for this year's line up in November of 2008.

Yokel is inspired by the German traditions of small village breweries – simple and pure beer. A whole beer straight from the tanks, it is smooth, unfiltered, and without pretense. Wisconsin, German, and English barleys and the finest Bavarian hops combine in classic German brewing methods to create this golden lager. Additionally, Yokel is naturally cloudy and rich in vitamins from the yeast. Expect this beer to be smooth, as well as rich and malty. It is the perfect companion for a hot summer day. Remember, 'Buy Local, Drink Yokel'.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2009, 05:10:23 PM »

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2009, 04:52:32 PM »
A nice little info blurb from Dan Carey posted on RB! Some exciting stuff coming out soon.

Hello Fellow Beer Geeks,
Here’s what’s happening in New Glarus
(1) Golden Ale is in fact for sale now in our Gift Shop only. It’s an ale fermented with Brett Yeast and made with Maris Otter Malt and Styrian Golding Hops. I really hope you all like it! Why $8 for a 500 ml bottle? Those of you that know us know that we strive to be really fair with our pricing so I hope you understand .... the 500 ml Euro Bottles are expensive plus the beer was really difficult to make. We devoted a great deal of time to making it. Really a labor of love
(2) We did in fact make 160 bbls of it so don’t stress about it running out soon. Please come by for a visit when you can.
(3) Next in the Unplugged Series is an "Old English Porter". It’s based on the writings of Wheeler about what the Entire Porter of 1870’s London tasted like. This beer is dark brown and slightly sour. It’s an Historical Recreation so I hope you all find it interesting! It is definietly not a modern style Porter. Think of a cross between a Belgian Sour Brown and an English Brown Porter. Did you know that the original London Porter was the original inspiration for the Belgian Sour Brown?
(4) Next Unplugged after that will be a "Wisconsin Cranberry Ale". I know that sounds whimmpy but it should be really good .... even for beer geeks! It’s a sour ale brewed with Brett, Acetic and Lactic Bacteria (some indigenous to our area .... I selected them from our environemnt!)and aged in Oak with cranberries. It was inspired by the fruit lamics of Belgium but, since I’m not in Belgium, it’s an American Beer.
(5) Next R&D Beer is going to be in the Lambic Style (but I won’t call it a Lambic out of respect for my friends in Belgium). I had hoped to have it done by end of Summer but I am not sure yet. Lambics are difficult to make and the bacteria really are in charge. When they say it’s ready we will bottle. I don’t know when they will be. I’m guessing you guys want it to be true to style (read "sour and Brett’y)so I need to wait until it’s right!
Thanks for all of Your Kind Words. Come and see us at our new brewery.
Cheers,
Daniel Carey
Brewmaster
New Glarus Brewing Company

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »
We are pleased to announce our new 'Hard Hat Tours'! These tours will be given every Friday at 1:00 pm (National Holidays excluded). Our 'Hard Hat Tours' will be led by one of our Brewery Ambassadors, and will include a full insider's look at both our Riverside and Hilltop breweries, followed by a sampling of New Glarus brews with complimenting cheeses. The sampling will include a taste of both our Unplugged Series and our new R & D Series, and will be led by our Brewery Ambassador. To allow all the personal attention they deserve, these tours will be limited to 15 people per tour. For more information, or to make your reservation, you can visit the link below (or go to our ' Hard Hat Tours' page at www.newglarusbrewing.com). Hope to see you soon! Cheers!!

Offline MikeWeiss

• TBS Founding Member
  • IPA
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2009, 05:16:57 PM »
Organic Revolution bottles will now contain the USDA seal.

-----

In November of 2008, in a question that may shock many, New Glarus Brewing Company asked 'What would you like us to brew for you?' The more popular response by their fans has led to the release of their latest seasonal offering, 'Yokel'.

New Glarus Brewing Company is an unusual company. Run by a husband and wife team, and only distributing in Wisconsin, New Glarus Brewing Company surprises many. Rarely would a company allow their fans to contribute in such a direct way to the products that they are offered. But New Glarus Brewing Company does, having a vote each year to allow their fans to determine which beers they would like brewed for them, and is the only company in Wisconsin to do so. The results of that vote last year have happily led here, to New Glarus Brewing Company's 'Yokel'.

Yokel is a "Zwickel bier". The term "Zwickel" comes from the German word referring to the “Tap on a Beer Vat”. Zwickel Bier is therefore a beer served directly from a lager tank with no other processing ..... as fresh and natural as a lager beer can get. Being served beer directly from the lager tank is traditionally a special privilege reserved for those lucky enough to be favored by the brewmaster. New Glarus Brewing Company extends this privilege to all their fans with Yokel, one of the most voted for brews in the vote for this year's line up in November of 2008.

Yokel is inspired by the German traditions of small village breweries – simple and pure beer. A whole beer straight from the tanks, it is smooth, unfiltered, and without pretense. Wisconsin, German, and English barleys and the finest Bavarian hops combine in classic German brewing methods to create this golden lager. Additionally, Yokel is naturally cloudy and rich in vitamins from the yeast. Expect this beer to be smooth, as well as rich and malty. It is the perfect companion for a hot summer day. Remember, 'Buy Local, Drink Yokel'.

As I've been saying since they stopped making Yokel in favor of Naked, "Fuck Naked, Drink Yokel".   :banned:
"Well then get an AIDS test Thompson, cause your wife's a dude" - Mr. Garrison

"Once you jack off to Japanese girls puking in each other's mouths you can't exactly go back to Playboy." - Randy Marsh

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »
We are pleased to announce our new 'Hard Hat Tours'! These tours will be given every Friday at 1:00 pm (National Holidays excluded). Our 'Hard Hat Tours' will be led by one of our Brewery Ambassadors, and will include a full insider's look at both our Riverside and Hilltop breweries, followed by a sampling of New Glarus brews with complimenting cheeses. The sampling will include a taste of both our Unplugged Series and our new R & D Series, and will be led by our Brewery Ambassador. To allow all the personal attention they deserve, these tours will be limited to 15 people per tour. For more information, or to make your reservation, you can visit the link below (or go to our ' Hard Hat Tours' page at www.newglarusbrewing.com). Hope to see you soon! Cheers!!

saw this on facebook.. very nice too bad I was just up there and don't know when I will get back...

Offline heckmanm

• TBS Founding Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2009, 10:20:30 AM »
Hello Fellow Beer Geeks,
(4) Next Unplugged after that will be a "Wisconsin Cranberry Ale". I know that sounds whimmpy but it should be really good .... even for beer geeks! It’s a sour ale brewed with Brett, Acetic and Lactic Bacteria (some indigenous to our area .... I selected them from our environemnt!)and aged in Oak with cranberries. It was inspired by the fruit lamics of Belgium but, since I’m not in Belgium, it’s an American Beer.
(5) Next R&D Beer is going to be in the Lambic Style (but I won’t call it a Lambic out of respect for my friends in Belgium). I had hoped to have it done by end of Summer but I am not sure yet. Lambics are difficult to make and the bacteria really are in charge. When they say it’s ready we will bottle. I don’t know when they will be. I’m guessing you guys want it to be true to style (read "sour and Brett’y)so I need to wait until it’s right!
:o:

WANT X 2 !!!1!
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour

Teach him to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime

Offline decoman

• Barleywine
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2009, 10:17:47 PM »
speaking of NG I had some trades fall thru if anyone out there in the Chicago area that is looking Berliner wiess or some Uff-Da let me know by message.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2009, 10:18:40 PM »
The Research & Development Golden Ale is getting huge marks so far. Anyone try it yet? I'm getting a bottle Thursday.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
The Research & Development Golden Ale is getting huge marks so far. Anyone try it yet? I'm getting a bottle Thursday.

Think a big part of that is the limited availability that always drives ratings up?

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »

Think a big part of that is the limited availability that always drives ratings up?
Not from what I've heard from people that have had it. I'll let you know.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pale Ale
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2009, 03:42:36 PM »

i bet a lot more will get out after GTMW and we can see if the ratings even out.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »

i bet a lot more will get out after GTMW and we can see if the ratings even out.

True dat.  People best off head there on their way into town instead of on their way outta town.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2009, 04:59:17 PM »
http://newglarusbrewing.com/Headlines.cfm?NewsID=128

New Glarus Brewing Company's Old English Porter

New Glarus, WI
July 30th, 2009:

New Glarus Brewing Company continues to demonstrate that the art and science of brewing go hand in hand. The innovative "Porter" style beer of 1870's England was a notable example of that unity and Dan Carey (Diploma Master Brewer, New Glarus Brewing Company) has re-created that 'Old English Porter' with his newest Unplugged Series release.

Throughout the Industrial Revolution England was full of new brewing methods and revelations. This was when brewing was first combined with science. Due to the rapid scientific advances in chemistry coupled with new technologies (such as accurate thermometers), it was widely recognized that brewing was a task that, in order to be done well, must be done by someone not only skilled in the art of brewing, but also scientifically knowledgeable.

The Porter's invention in England was a revolution for the brewing industry. Prior to this time Porter beer was not aged by the brewer, it was aged at the tavern. The Porter's particularly tart characteristics improved with age, and this resulted in it's excellent traveling capabilities and also allowed it to be brewed in large batches. Both of these attributes made this style readily available, leading to it's immense popularity with the working class. It is from these working people, the Porters, that the name of this style originates. Strikingly enough, this is similar to the way in which the Green Bay Packers name originates with the meat packers of Wisconsin. In honor of this fusion of science and brewing in England, New Glarus Brewing Company's Dan Carey has created his most recent Unplugged Series brew, 'Old English Porter'.

'Old English Porter' offers a unique interpretation of this classic beer style. The slightly roasted malt character combines with a touch of sweetness and wine like acidity that was popular in Porters of this period. To achieve this, it was brewed with mostly floor malted English malts which include the famed pale ale malt, Maris Otter. A touch of smoked malt produced by Briess Malting Company (of Chilton, Wisconsin) was also used, adding interesting depth to the character of this brew. To add to the authenticity of this brew, half of the batch went through a souring fermentation in the traditional way. This also helps to promote the characteristic wine-like acidity. Finally, the beer was aged on wood to extract sweetness from toasted oak. The end result, 'Old English Porter', is a tasteful tribute and a welcome addition to this ever changing and revolutionary beer style. Like all of the Unplugged Series, this 'Old English Porter' is a one-time limited release, which you can find in stores and taverns throughout Wisconsin.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2009, 01:04:36 PM »
We value your opinion so let us know what you'd like to see on our upcoming years beer schedule. Vote for your 10 favorite New Glarus brews by visiting our beer ballot page or write-in a new beer style on our beer suggestion page (you can also vote on visitor suggestions while you are there)! 
My picks...
Black Wheat
Copper Kettle
Enigma
Hop Hearty
Norski
Tailwagger
Staghorn
Belgian Red
Belgian Quad
Yokel

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2009, 10:28:48 AM »
Hello All,
To help avoid confusion, our New Glarus Old English Porter is supposed to be sour. This beer was inspired by the writings of Graham Wheeler, a noted English Beer Historian. Mr. Wheeler describes the original Porters of the 1800's as: "... simply a mixture of two brown beers. The only characteristic that set the porter apart from any other beer of the day was that porter was deliberately soured by adding a percentage of sour beer to freshly brewed beer. The original porters were not, as is commonly supposed, jet-black in colour, but a translucent brown. They had a rich, smoky flavor derived from the use of brown malt and a winey aftertang produced by the deliberate souring, highly regarded by Londoners." Our interpretations is a Brown Porter based on the style popular in 1870's London. Half of the batch went through a souring fermentation, in the traditional way, to promote the characteristic wine-like acidity. The beer was aged on wood to extract sweetness from toasted oak.
Cheers,
Daniel Carey
New Glarus Brewing Company

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »
http://newglarusbrewing.com/BeerBallot.cfm

Voting for next years beers ends on Friday.  I hope like hell they make Crack'd Wheat again.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »
Brewing lineup for '10 will be released to distributors next week Thursday. I should have it Friday.
I was let in on a couple things today
- Dropping IPA (:hot:) and Organic Pale
- New: Organic Saison-ish and revamped easier drinking IPA (<_<)

Offline flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »
Brewing lineup for '10 will be released to distributors next week Thursday. I should have it Friday.

:thumbdown:

Offline Kathleen

• Miss Smooth
  • Barleywine
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »

:thumbdown:

Agreed.  F'n malt-lovers.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »
Aaaaw that sucks.  I loved the IPA.

Offline Kathleen

• Miss Smooth
  • Barleywine
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2009, 06:47:48 PM »
Aaaaw that sucks.  I loved the IPA.

Tasty beer for sure.  Without an IPA in the line-up, I'm much less likely to pick up one of their beers... not that I do on ANY kind of regular basis.  Ah, well.  Plenty of fish in teh sea.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2009, 01:57:37 PM »
NY bar busted for selling Spotted Cow

http://www.channel3000.com/money/21681126/detail.html

Offline beastiefan2k

• Pale Ale
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2009, 12:36:42 AM »
NY bar busted for selling Spotted Cow

http://www.channel3000.com/money/21681126/detail.html
nice, its not even a beer geek bar.  Its not even a beer geek beer.

Offline milwaukeeclassic

• Quadrupel
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »
Just spotted the 2010 release calendar at Woodman's today.  It seems like good news/bad news (mainly bad news).

Year round
Spotted Cow
Fat Squirrel
Moon Man (listed as a No Coast Pale Ale)
Stone Soup
Raspberry Tart
Belgian Red

Seasonal Beer that are available in bottles and kegs
Cabin Fever Bock (Wisconsin Honey Bock) (Jan-Apr)
Totally Naked (April-Sept)
Staghorn (2nd Half of August - November)
Back Forty Bock (Wisconsin Bock) (Nov-Dec)

Seasonal Beers that are in bottles only:
Road Slush (Feb-April)
Crack'd Wheat (April-July)
Dancing Man Wheat (July-October)

Unplugged 1 (Feb-March) (rumored to be Enigma, but not on the official calendar)
Unplugged 2 (May-June)
Unplugged 3 (Aug-Sept)
Unplugged Apple Ale (Nov-Dec)

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2009, 02:25:30 PM »
No IPA sucks.  Gonna pass on the Honey Bock.  Glad to see Crack's Wheat but sucks that it's seasonal.  Not impressed at all.  Do they really need 2 seasonal bocks right in a row?  As much as I love the style I'm gonna pass on the honey bock and the other one doesn't really intrigue me that much.  Here's to hoping next year's lineup is better.

Offline milwaukeeclassic

• Quadrupel
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
Yeah, I wished they had dumped the Stone Soup instead of the IPA.  Never liked that one.  I'm going to miss keg Dancing Man too  :thumbdown:

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2009, 02:34:17 PM »
Yeah, I wished they had dumped the Stone Soup instead of the IPA.  Never liked that one.  I'm going to miss keg Dancing Man too  :thumbdown:

I like Stone Soup but I didn't see the need for both Dancing Man and Stone Soup both to be in the lineup since they're very similar.  Add Black Wheat and it was a bit much.  Actually sad to see Black Wheat go now that I look at the lineup.  Liked it a lot.  Bit different from the normal wheat beer.  Looks like we need to take away some people's voting privileges for next year's lineup.  Looks like none of the cool sounding beers from the voting form made the cut either.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »
No IPA sucks.  Gonna pass on the Honey Bock.  Glad to see Crack's Wheat but sucks that it's seasonal.  Not impressed at all.  Do they really need 2 seasonal bocks right in a row?  As much as I love the style I'm gonna pass on the honey bock and the other one doesn't really intrigue me that much.  Here's to hoping next year's lineup is better.
this :thumbdown:
If Cabin Fever is anything like Norski was then thee might be a bright spot. Otherwise I don't see buying any of these for myself.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2009, 11:10:57 PM »
Moon Man (listed as a No Coast Pale Ale)

This guy? ???

Offline incutrav

• Pilsner
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »
Why is there only six 'year round' beers listed when there is eight currently? More to announce hopefully. 7 seasonals is the same as now though.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Pale Ale
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2009, 02:19:36 AM »
Why is there only six 'year round' beers listed when there is eight currently? More to announce hopefully. 7 seasonals is the same as now though.
got to make room for the Spotted Cow.

Offline incutrav

• Pilsner
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2009, 08:37:26 AM »
Im guessing its not a complete list. The new brewery was supposed to crank up production of the cow.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
Holy crap! I forgot I have a beer dinner Thursday with Deb Carey :popcorn:

Looking forward to the Unplugged Porter Sauerbraten :wub:

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2009, 04:06:13 PM »
The 2010 beer schedule is up (although not labeled as such).  Pretty lame compared to last year.

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/BeerSchedule.cfm

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2009, 04:55:11 PM »
The 2010 beer schedule is up (although not labeled as such).  Pretty lame compared to last year.

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/BeerSchedule.cfm
Laughable...HA!

What a snoozer of a lineup.

Wait, this isn't close to everything. Still, the whole thing was pretty sad.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »
Yeah they said it's a work in progress.  Still sad to lose some old favorites.  I foresee myself buying less New Glarus this coming year.