search

Author Topic: Babyarm Pale Ale  (Read 1019 times)

Offline James Kitchens

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Barleywine
« on: July 03, 2007, 11:12:35 PM »
From BTG ---

Coldchill comment from Nov 22nd, 2006:

Tonight I am sampling Babyarm Brewing's Pale Ale (thanks Culdeus) from a Saint Arnold pint glass (a beer kharma thing, I think).

Poured a slightly hazy light amber with more head than I've had since my single days. Aroma is heavy with malt. Nice mouthfeel and slight hoppiness on the front of the tongue. Finish is all malt. Not sure what the ABV% is but there is plenty in here. This is an excellent homebrew, especially for one of Babyarm's first batches.
"Tenny mucho mucho deniro in su trucky trailer?"

Offline James Kitchens

• Administrator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 11:12:53 PM »
From BTG ---

The Gator:

I am having the blue capped brew, APA i assume. This thing rocks, very solid brew. Color is amber that is slightly cloudy, the smell has florals with a hint of hops. The taste is great. It's crisp, smooth with a light bitter finish that is perfect. I need to donate some scrilla.

Very good brew culdeus.

Offline James Kitchens

• Administrator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 11:13:29 PM »
From BTG ---

Fro's review Oct 29 2006-

Culdeus - Homebrew Blue Cap - nptsure what kind of ale it is

Pours a nice carmel brown color with little head but a nice carbonation level. Has a the color of a dark pale ale or a brown ale. Towards the end of the poor there was a little sediment at the bottom of the bottle so I had to cut it short with less than a half of an ounce left in the bottle. This is case with most homebrews that I've had so normal stuff there.

Has a nice smell to it but it does not have much of a scent at all. What I do smell is great.

At first taste I get some dark malts and a nice hop character. Not overpowering. I'm guessing an IBU range of somewhere in the 50's. Great carmel taste with a brown ale character. I taste a slight cherry hint and but nothing fruity about this beer. A nice hoppy after taste that finishes nicely. Not a real strong alchohol presence.

Overall this a a great fall time beer. Perfectly matched for day of football and a 50inch plasma. I could drink these all day.

It is so cool drinking a beer made from one of my fellow fbg beer brethren. Thanks Culdues. I have to say, it has been my great pleasure to hang with all you in this thread.

Offline culdeus

• TBS Founding Member
  • Quadrupel
Re: Babyarm Pale Ale
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 05:40:38 PM »
version 2.0 (orange cap) should be out to quite a few people.  Comments, questions, concerns?

Culdeus - 298
Gator - 284