search

Author Topic: Stone Brewing  (Read 10060 times)

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Quadrupel
Re: Stone Brewing
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2008, 12:54:19 AM »
IN

Dill> Carlos and I can meet up with ya.
:thumbup:  One week away!!!  Almost popped a Beatification tonight but I guess I can wait to have it on tap.

Offline WeeObese

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Malt Liquor
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2008, 09:49:55 AM »
Its sooo good on tap! I had it at Danger Abbey during the CBC and WBC here in San Diego. I can't wait to try Compunction, and about 20 other beers. Does anyone have any beers on the list that are must drinks?

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2008, 10:21:52 AM »
no Wisconsin :tinfoilhat:
It's shown up on the shelves of Woodlake Market in Kohler by request of a certain loyal customer :unsure:
Oaked AB, Pale, IPA, Ruination ($16 for a 6-pack- is this a good price?) all 6-12 oz bottles and no singles. No bombers until the manager there sees how well it sells.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline WeeObese

• Malt Liquor
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2008, 10:59:58 AM »
MORE SOUR FEST INFO!!!

From another forum. Posted by Peter the guy who is in charge of getting the beer for the fest

"I received a spot of great news Monday afternoon from my friend Gabe up at Alaska's Midnight Sun brewing. He is sending us a barrel of his "Good Mojo", a beer more than seven years in the making.
Kevin from Artisan Ales came through with a Barrel of Boon Lambic, which be a great contrast to the bottles of boon we have on the list.
Mark Jilg from Craftsman Brewing in Pasadena has also add another, "El Prieto Sour Black Ale".
We still have several days befor the big day and there is a good possibility that we'll have several more additions.
Stay tuned.
Peter"

Wow the lineup just gets better!!! See you all Sunday!

Offline WeeObese

• Malt Liquor
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2008, 04:46:57 PM »
One more just added Green Flash Super Freak.

Which is LeFreak Belgian-style IIPA aged in San Pasqual wine barrels with added brettanomyces.

Offline regularguy

• TBS Founding Member
  • Double IPA
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2008, 04:04:57 PM »
Looks like Stone is finally coming to GA in September according to Green's website and confirmed second-hand in the BA South-Atlantic group.   :pickle:   Also sounds like FL and the Carolinas may be included as well. 

Offline WeeObese

• Malt Liquor
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
More sour fest news, received this morning via email.

"Good morning!
   Sour Fest is upon us and yet we’re still receiving beer!
  Just this morning a VERY dedicated employee of Valley Brewing, in Stockton, came knocking on our door having driven 6 hours to deliver three fantastic Sour creations. They are as follows:
Fat Freddy’s Freaky Kriek-  Lambic aged with sour cherries and pomegranate; 7.5% ABV
Grand Cru- a blend of their 8 month old Belgian Quadruple and a 3 year old pomegranate lambic; 12% ABV
Wild Cat- A sour stout aged in Bourbon barrels; 8%ABV"

Offline KingG

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
    • Bine & Vine Bottle Shop
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2008, 01:41:55 PM »
 :pickle:

Should be a great time
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline WeeheavySD

• Trade Count: (6)
  • IPA
  • Beers Abound I Abide.
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2008, 02:10:57 PM »
More sour fest news, received this morning via email.

"Good morning!
   Sour Fest is upon us and yet we’re still receiving beer!
  Just this morning a VERY dedicated employee of Valley Brewing, in Stockton, came knocking on our door having driven 6 hours to deliver three fantastic Sour creations. They are as follows:
Fat Freddy’s Freaky Kriek-  Lambic aged with sour cherries and pomegranate; 7.5% ABV
Grand Cru- a blend of their 8 month old Belgian Quadruple and a 3 year old pomegranate lambic; 12% ABV
Wild Cat- A sour stout aged in Bourbon barrels; 8%ABV"

I know droooool
"I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - Tom Waits

"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
-Oscar Wilde

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2008, 02:50:26 PM »
5 cases of Stone Cali-Belgique Belgian IPA are getting delivered to my store Tuesday/Wednesday.

Also, I'm getting an unknown amount of the Stone-Mikkeller-Alesmith Belgian-Style Tripel the same day.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 02:54:54 PM by KingG »
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2008, 09:01:18 PM »
Growler Fans,

This Saturday at 8pm sharp, we will start pouring Stone 07.07.07. Vertical Epic Ale.  Enjoy the atmosphere of the French Quarter with some Dixieland Jazz on the stereo while getting a fill of this amazing beer.

We currently have 2007 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine on tap!  Stop by for a fill of this delicious beer before it runs out.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2008, 08:44:49 PM »
Growler Fill Fanatics!

It’s Erick again with your weekly growler fill update.  This week I’ve decided to put on 2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout because it is so darn good.  Plain and simple, I love this beer! We start pouring on Friday at 11am.

CODE RED!  CODE RED!  We have 2006 Double Bastard Ale for growler fills this Saturday night starting at 8pm sharp!  We will be pouring a limited number of kegs and it is expected to go quickly!  Remember, “Double Bastard Ale is not to be wasted on the tentative or weak.  Only the Worthy are invited, and then only at your own risk.”  You’ll kick yourself if you miss out on this one.

If that wasn’t enough, we currently have Stone Cali-Belgique IPA on tap!  Come and get it!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Erick Gordon

Stone Store Supervisor

Mmmm...Double Bastard :banned:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:58 PM »
Growler Fans,

It’s time to gather your growlers because we have a couple of fantastic fills this weekend.  Starting Friday, we will be pouring Stone 11th Anniversary Ale.  This beer may look like a porter, but brings the intense hop flavors of an IPA.

This Saturday night starting at 8pm, we have decided to pour 2006 Double Bastard Ale for growlers fills.  If you are an Iron Maiden fan like I am, then you will enjoy getting your growler filled while we pump some classic Maiden tunes through the sound system.  With great tunes and a great archived great beer on tap, please be prepared to rub elbows with fellow Stone fans for a little bit while we fill.

We currently are pouring Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, Stone Cali Belgique IPA and 2007 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine.   

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Erick Gordon

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2008, 05:11:50 PM »
Good Afternoon Stone Fans,

Starting today, The Stone Company Store will feature 12oz bottles of 2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout for sale.  Yep, you read it right!  It’s the same great beer we all love, but in a more compact package!  We are also currently offering Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (22oz), Stone 11th Anniversary Ale (22oz), Stone 08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale (22oz) and Alesmith/Mikkeller/Stone Belgian Style Triple Ale (12oz).  Stop on by and get your hands on some of these amazing beers.  If you miss out, your cellar may never forgive you.

Please remember that bottle sales from the Stone Company Store are for off premise consumption only.

Cheers,

Erick Gordon

Stone Store Supervisor

erick.gordon@stonebrew.com

Stone Brewing Co.

1999 Citracado Parkway

Escondido, CA 92029

www.stonebrew.com

Offline NFLMVP

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
    • NFLMVP's Trade References
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »
Good Afternoon Stone Fans,

Starting today, The Stone Company Store will feature 12oz bottles of 2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout for sale.  Yep, you read it right!  It’s the same great beer we all love, but in a more compact package!  We are also currently offering Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (22oz), Stone 11th Anniversary Ale (22oz), Stone 08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale (22oz) and Alesmith/Mikkeller/Stone Belgian Style Triple Ale (12oz).  Stop on by and get your hands on some of these amazing beers.  If you miss out, your cellar may never forgive you.

Please remember that bottle sales from the Stone Company Store are for off premise consumption only.

Cheers,

Erick Gordon

Stone Store Supervisor

erick.gordon@stonebrew.com

Stone Brewing Co.

1999 Citracado Parkway

Escondido, CA 92029

www.stonebrew.com

I was wondering how I got a 12 ounce bottle of Stone RIS in a trade last week.  The guy I got it from works for Stone, fwiw.  This is the same guy who traded me the BA Alesmith for 2 KBS and 2 Yeti 12oz.  This guy is on my permanent go to list, after all this.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 05:59:02 PM by NFLMVP »
Take good care of your beer and your beer will take good care of you.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2008, 10:50:21 PM »
This week I have decided to put on two of my favorite Stone brews for growler fills.  Starting this Friday, we will be pouring 2007 Stone Imperial Russian Stout for growler fills.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  Don’t miss out on this amazing beer!   

This Saturday Night starting at 8pm sharp, we will start pouring Stone IPA with Wet Hops that were locally grown!  Rich, one of our crew members, will be playing some of his favorite tunes while you get your growlers filled with this hoptacular beer.  Get ready for some truly memorable jams.

Currently we have Stone 11th Anniversary Ale and Stone Cali-Belgique IPA on tap!  We also have bottles of Stone 11th Anniversary Ale (22oz), Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (22oz), Stone Imperial Russian Stout (12oz) and Alesmith/Mikkeller/Stone Belgian Style Triple (12oz) available for purchase.

All beer sold in the Stone Company Store is for take away consumption only, but feel free to enjoy a beer from the Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens while visiting the Stone Company Store!   

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Erick Gordon

Offline Westside Threat

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »
This week I have decided to put on two of my favorite Stone brews for growler fills.  Starting this Friday, we will be pouring 2007 Stone Imperial Russian Stout for growler fills.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  Don’t miss out on this amazing beer!   

This Saturday Night starting at 8pm sharp, we will start pouring Stone IPA with Wet Hops that were locally grown! Rich, one of our crew members, will be playing some of his favorite tunes while you get your growlers filled with this hoptacular beer.  Get ready for some truly memorable jams.

Currently we have Stone 11th Anniversary Ale and Stone Cali-Belgique IPA on tap!  We also have bottles of Stone 11th Anniversary Ale (22oz), Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (22oz), Stone Imperial Russian Stout (12oz) and Alesmith/Mikkeller/Stone Belgian Style Triple (12oz) available for purchase.

All beer sold in the Stone Company Store is for take away consumption only, but feel free to enjoy a beer from the Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens while visiting the Stone Company Store!   

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Erick Gordon

How late are they open? 

*edit* 11pm.  Gonna be a close call leaving the Lost Abbey party.  Not sure I want to drive that far either.

I wonder if they'll still be pouring at 11am the next day.  I'd assume so
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:14:54 PM by Westside Threat »
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2008, 09:57:10 PM »
Code: [Select]
Next Wednesday, November 5th -
Mark you calendar, because we'll be having our Keep the Glass Night with our own 2008 Double Bastard Ale, served it's own Double Bastard Ale logo snifter. How could anything be better than that? Silly question of course, but no better way for you to see the absurdity of the question by saying it outloud to yourself.  Go ahead.  Try it now.  See what I mean.

This is the amazing lineup.  No one helps you to Double Your Bastard more than us.  That's how we roll.  Like a steamroller.

In Bottles
2006 Double Bastard Ale
2007 Double Bastard Ale

On Draft
2005 Double Bastard Ale
2006 Double Bastard Ale
2006 Double Bastard Ale Aged in Bourbon Barrels
2006 Double Bastard Ale Aged in French Oak
2008 Double Bastard Ale

Enjoy-

Peter Reeves, Beverage Coordinator

Offline nase

• Quadrupel
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »
Safe to assume that I am alone in preferring regular Arrogant Bastard. Though it's been a while and I think my taste has gone away from imperial reds/strong ales...
[urbanhack] 12:17 am: i worked golf coruse maintenance in high school and used to masterbate to the women's league in the woods

bakes 12:05 am: I want to be under the desk munching away and see if they can still deliver the news with a straight face

Offline KingG

• Old Ale
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »
Safe to assume that I am alone in preferring regular Arrogant Bastard. Though it's been a while and I think my taste has gone away from imperial reds/strong ales...
Aged DB is teets.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »
Aged DB is teets.

:goodposting:

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2008, 10:53:17 PM »
A thread on beeradvocate revealed this great news from Greg, Stone 11th Anniversary will be made again!!!   :pickle:

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/1606085#1608310

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2008, 11:13:25 PM »
A thread on beeradvocate revealed this great news from Greg, Stone 11th Anniversary will be made again!!!   :pickle:

:(

I'd much prefer the 10th

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2008, 11:48:05 PM »

I'd much prefer the 10th

+1

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Barleywine
  • Famous Last Words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

"Who cares how time advances?  I'm drinking ale today." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »

I'd much prefer the 10th

+1

+2
+3
I told the rep the same thing when he told me 11 would be released again. Apparently this was a very common reaction to the news.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »

I'd much prefer the 10th

+1

+2
+3
I told the rep the same thing when he told me 11 would be released again. Apparently this was a very common reaction to the news.

I wouldn't turn down a bottle of the 11th Anniversary but it's not nearly the beer that 10th Anniversary was.  If 11 had the flavor of the 10 and the appearance of the 11, I might be swayed, but only because I was intrigued by a black IPA, which is apropos of nothing.  In the end, it's about the taste.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 12:04:27 PM by NFLMVP »

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2008, 12:06:48 PM »
Yesterday I noticed that a 6-pack of Ruination is like $16.99 in WI, while you can buy singles for $2.39.  Better off building our own Ruination 6-pack at that price.  Same was true for a couple other beers.
"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer." -Homer Simpson        "What's drinking? A mere pause from thinking." -Lord Byron

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »
Yesterday I noticed that a 6-pack of Ruination is like $16.99 in WI, while you can buy singles for $2.39.  Better off building our own Ruination 6-pack at that price.  Same was true for a couple other beers.
Yeah, a place I'm headed to after work has Oaked AB for 15.99 a sixer. On the single shelves it's 1.69/bottle. I'm hoping Ruination gets moved there soon as well.

Offline Westside Threat

• Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2008, 12:53:58 PM »

I'd much prefer the 10th

+1

+2
+3

I wouldn't turn down a bottle of the 11th Anniversary but it's not nearly the beer that 10th Anniversary was.  If 11 had the flavor of the 10 and the appearance of the 11, I might be swayed, but only because I was intrigued by a black IPA, which is apropos of nothing.  In the end, it's about the taste.

Yeah, the novelty of black IPA's is fun and all...but the Stone 10th is in the top 5 DIPA's of all time.  It is right there with Dreadnaught and Dorado. 

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »

I'd much prefer the 10th

+1

+2
+3

Yeah, the novelty of black IPA's is fun and all...but the Stone 10th is in the top 5 DIPA's of all time.  It is right there with Dreadnaught and Dorado. 

I completely agree.  That beer fresh was sublime.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
Someone needs to brew the homebrew versions of 1-9 I posted and then send them to me.

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »

$11.99 for Ruination 6 packs at my local Woodman's.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2008, 06:48:15 PM »
Growler Faithful,
For this weekend’s special growler fill, we will be featuring…

Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Beans

You’ve been clamoring for this great beer and we just whipped up a special batch just for us…umm…I mean you.  Come get some before we drink it all.

This weekend's Saturday Night Special is set up nicely for the cool evenings we’ve been experiencing.

The Beer: 2006 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2008, 11:32:22 PM »
Here is what you need to know:

* Bottles of Sawyer’s Triple will be available for sale at the Stone Company Store starting Tuesday, November 11th.  The 22 oz bottles will sell for $6 each (plus tax and CRV).

* Sawyer’s Triple will be available on draft as well at the Stone World Bistro & Gardens for $6 a pint.

* As before, absolutely 100% of the proceeds will go to charity; specifically, to Fight ALD!, the research and education foundation started by Janis Sherwood.

* Although the sale of Stone Special Release beers has often been limited to 2 or 3 bottles per person, there will be no such limit for Sawyer’s Triple.  Please note, however, no “case discount” will be in effect in order to provide Fight ALD with as much funding as possible.

* Currently, Sawyer’s Triple is available for sale exclusively here at Stone.

I hope that you will join me, Team Stone, and the rest of our devoted fans in paying tribute to a noble spirit and in promoting a noble cause.  Here’s to your health, generosity, and fulfillment!

-Ken Wright

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:32 PM »
Stone Fans,

It’s time to make more room in your fridges/ cellars because we have some great Stone specialty beers available in bottles at the Stone Company Store.  And there are limited quantities available, so don’t delay.

Sawyer’s Triple (22oz)

Stone 11th Anniversary Ale (22oz)

2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout (12 oz)

2008 Double Bastard Ale (22oz)

Also available starting this Saturday….

2008 Double Bastard Ale 3 Liters

For more information regarding Sawyer’s Triple please visit http://blog.stonebrew.com

Cheers,

Erick Gordon

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2008, 10:30:28 PM »
Stone Fans,

We have added a few more specialty bottled beers to our cooler and it looks awesome!

Alesmith/ Mikkeller/ Stone Belgian Style Triple Ale (12oz)

Stone Cali-Belgique IPA (22oz)

Sawyer’s Triple (22oz)  http://blog.stonebrew.com

Stone 11th Anniversary Ale

2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout (12 oz)

2008 Double Bastard Ale (22oz)

2008 Double Bastard Ale 3 Liters

Starting this Friday!

Jolly Pumpkin / Nøgne-Ø / Stone Special Holiday Ale (12oz)

Cheers,

Erick Gordon

Stone Store Supervisor

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2008, 05:25:54 PM »

Looks like a pretty interesting selection there for when the first food bank can gets full.  I don't know if that sounds delicious or just odd...  ???

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »
Stone Imperial Russian Stout Fans Rejoice!

Starting this Sunday, December 14th and continuing every Sunday until January 18th, 2009, the Stone Company Store will be making ONE keg of the following vintages available for growler fills.  Just think of it as a Thank You to all of our fans that support what we do.  Let the countdown begin!

December 14, 2008
2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

December 21, 2008
2007 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

December 28, 2008
2006 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

January 4, 2009
2005 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

January 11, 2009
2004 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

January 18, 2009
2003 Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Cheers,
Erick Gordon
Stone Company Store Supervisor

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »
So about 30 growlers or a bit less.  That'll be a cluster #### to get a hold of.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2008, 09:12:32 PM »
So about 30 growlers or a bit less.  That'll be a cluster #### to get a hold of.

Not really about 30.  Depends on the size of the growlers people bring.  I think they have one, two, and three liter growlers.

Offline Surly Duff

• TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
    • Craft Beer Time
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »

Not really about 30.  Depends on the size of the growlers people bring.  I think they have one, two, and three liter growlers.

Aaaaah ok.  I was thinking 1/2 gallon growlers like we're use to.  Still gonna be a heck of a time to get one of those bad boys.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2009, 12:04:11 AM »
Fill up your cellars with some amazing Stone Special Releases!  Here is a list of current offerings at the Stone Company Store…

2009 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine

2008 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine

2008 Double Bastard Ale (22oz & 3 Liter Bottles)

2007 Double Bastard Ale

Sawyer’s Triple

Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale

Stone Imperial Russian Stout (12oz)

AleSmith/Mikkeller/Stone Belgian Style Triple Ale (12oz)

Jolly Pumpkin/Nøgne-Ø/Stone Special Holiday Ale (12oz)

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2009, 06:23:22 PM »
I was checking the Stone website a few minutes ago and I thought the following link has some cool/exciting/important news (especially for the upcoming Stone Sour Fest!).  Stone hired Dr. Bill as the new Beverage Coordinator of Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens...who is Dr. Bill?

http://blog.stonebrew.com/?p=706

Offline faro

• Quadrupel
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2009, 11:48:38 PM »
You don't know who Dr. Bill is?

Offline seaoflament

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »
You don't know who Dr. Bill is?

I do...hell he's invited to a tasting I'm co-hosting next weekend...the "who is Dr. Bill?" was for people who didn't know him could follow the link below.

Offline faro

• Quadrupel
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2009, 12:14:51 AM »
I would have been shocked.

Offline faro

• Quadrupel
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2009, 03:08:37 AM »
Err, I just noticed that Dr. Bill and I have similar beer fridges: http://is.gd/nYG7

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2009, 11:19:24 PM »
Dr Bill's first email...
Hello everyone! Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Bill Sysak (known as “ Dr. Bill” in the craft beer community), and I’m the new Beverage Coordinator at Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens. To find out more about me and some of my plans for the Bistro click here: http://blog.stonebrew.com/?p=706

Now on to a more important topic—exciting new beers I’m putting on tap tomorrow, Saturday, March 21st:

Stone Smoked Porter with Chipotle Peppers - A fabulous spicy twist on our classic Stone Smoked Porter with an added depth of flavor (5.9 ABV).
Stone 07.07.07 Vertical Epic Ale Aged in Red Wine Barrels - Aged for a total of eight months in French and American Oak Red Wine Barrels. This barrel aging has added a whole new level of complexity and smoothness to the beer, and helps demonstrate its aging capability (8.4 ABV).
2008 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine Aged in Red Wine Barrels - Anyone who has tasted beers with me in the last 30 years knows I’m usually quite verbose regarding aroma and flavor descriptors. When I tried this beer today I had one word: “WOW!” Do not miss this beer! (11.26 ABV)
If you just can’t wait until tomorrow for your Stone fix, I have the Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Beans on cask right now!
I’ll also be tasting, judging, and hanging out at our AHA Rally tomorrow, March 21st, from 1-4pm. Feel free to say hi and discuss any of these tasty Stone beers.
Cheers!
Bill

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2009, 12:58:36 AM »
Our Pilots Are Looking For a Few Good Flights

Hello everyone, “Dr” Bill here. We have some exciting new beers coming on tap this week at Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens.

This Thursday, we’re putting some special brews on tap to celebrate the arrival of our friends Will from Cambridge Brewing Co. and James from BrewDog. Will and James will be brewing our next collaboration beer with Mitch Steele the following day, and to honor the spirit of collaboration, we’re putting previous Stone Collaboration Ales and select BrewDog beers on tap. To top it off, the pilot brew for their collaboration will also be available to taste for those who have made reservations.

While we’re sharing pilot brews, we thought we would tap a few of the pilot brews that our talented brewers create, but that never reach the general public. I’m happy to inform you, our loyal customers, that this Thursday, March 26th, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens will have not one, but FIVE of these pilot brews on tap! Here’s what we’ll have:

Pilot Brew #1: Stone Imperial Red
Pilot Brew #2: Stone Imperial Porter
Pilot Brew #3: Stone Belgian Porter with Vanilla Bean and Tangerine Peel
Pilot Brew #4: Stone Peated Scotch Ale
Pilot Brew #5: Stone Everything but the Kitchen Sink Stout

The beer goodness doesn’t stop there. As an added treat, we are going to have both a filtered and unfiltered version of Stone Cali-Belgique IPA on tap. Our brewers are looking for feedback on these two versions, so please try both and let your server or bartender know which you prefer, or you can e-mail me at Bill-dot-Sysak at Stonebrew.com and I’ll give the brewers your input.

Don’t miss the opportunity to try these unique Stone Brewing Co. Beers!

Cheers,

Bill