Beer Discussion > Cellaring

Ettaler Curator Doppelbock 2009 Vintage DO NOT BUY

(1/2) > >>

beastiefan2k:
It is a shame. I mean, I know that a beer this old likely won’t be good. But I never imagined it would be this old and bad. It is very much vinegar rather than beer at this point. But yet this brewery decided to sell it anyway.

I think I’m never going to give them money for anything ever again.

emerge:
The brewery is selling 13 year old beer? :blink: Is this like a cave-aged Aventinus situation? (also sucks, btw)

beastiefan2k:

--- Quote from: emerge on March 13, 2022, 07:42:50 PM ---The brewery is selling 13 year old beer? :blink: Is this like a cave-aged Aventinus situation? (also sucks, btw)

--- End quote ---
I’m assuming they found some old stock and decided to slap a sticker on it.

emerge:

--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on March 14, 2022, 04:13:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: emerge on March 13, 2022, 07:42:50 PM ---The brewery is selling 13 year old beer? :blink: Is this like a cave-aged Aventinus situation? (also sucks, btw)

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I don't remember Curator being all that great in the first place, but it's been a long time. Vaguely recall trying it many years ago and it was sweet and fruity.

beastiefan2k:

--- Quote from: emerge on March 14, 2022, 09:40:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on March 14, 2022, 04:13:23 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I don't remember Curator being all that great in the first place, but it's been a long time. Vaguely recall trying it many years ago and it was sweet and fruity.

--- End quote ---
Sounds right. Not one of the better examples of the style, imo. I think they only a handful of beers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version