search

Author Topic: Great Taste or Bust (Gregg and Fred drive across the Midwest edition)  (Read 892 times)

Offline fRed Scare

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
Gregg and I will be leaving Maryland on Wednesday morning and making our way to Grand Rapids.

We'll likely be stopping at a couple places as we trek across Michigan on Wednesday afternoon and early Thursday.

Thursday evening is looking like the Heart O' Chicago again, heading up to Madison on Friday morning.  Unless there's a reason for us to get to Madison on Thursday night.

Sunday could be south toward Indy and then east to Columbus.
Quote from: J-Rod
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Online flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
Can you swing by and pick me up?

Offline fRed Scare

• Administrator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
Can you swing by and pick me up?

We'll slow down and open the side door, but you're gonna have to jump in as the car is moving.
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
Interested in Thursday night options :popcorn:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
Interested in Thursday night options :popcorn:

I'd suggest Half Acre Balmoral, it's probably the closest & best brewery near Heart O' Chicago.

Offline bakes

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
Gregg and I will be leaving Maryland on Wednesday morning and making our way to Grand Rapids.

We'll likely be stopping at a couple places as we trek across Michigan on Wednesday afternoon and early Thursday.

Thursday evening is looking like the Heart O' Chicago again, heading up to Madison on Friday morning.  Unless there's a reason for us to get to Madison on Thursday night.

I literally had HeartO up on my screen in the background before reading this thread.  See you guys there (if not earlier)?
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline fRed Scare

• Administrator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord

I literally had HeartO up on my screen in the background before reading this thread.  See you guys there (if not earlier)?

Yeah, we booked it, and a place in Columbus OH Sunday night.  We are seriously considering taking Jeff R up on his offer to let us crash at his house in Lansing Wednesday night.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com

Yeah, we booked it, and a place in Columbus OH Sunday night.  We are seriously considering taking Jeff R up on his offer to let us crash at his house in Lansing Wednesday night.

I don't think you can go wrong with that plan.

Offline bakes

• Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic

Cool. I am still researching bike rail trails and letting that plan my trip out and back.  :thumbup:
My friends say I'm like doing the laundry and forgetting the bleach: I'm not as bright as I could be.

Gator to Pols: I bet you wish the last wedding you went to was the one right before yours....

Offline bakes

• Barleywine
  • Alcospeakerholic
Re: Great Taste or Bust (Gregg and Fred drive across the Midwest edition)
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 09:22:26 PM »
Thinking about hitting Hailstorm Thursday at noon-ish, then bouncing to Werk Force and Milk Money before hitting Chicago
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 08:31:12 PM by bakes »

Offline fRed Scare

• Administrator
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
Re: Great Taste or Bust (Gregg and Fred drive across the Midwest edition)
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:48:41 AM »
Thinking about hitting Hailstorm Thursday at noon-ish, then bouncing to Werk Force and Milk Money before hitting Chicago

I like the cut of your jib.  Discussing this with Gregg right now.