search

Author Topic: Titletown Brewing Company  (Read 7681 times)

Offline flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
Re: Titletown Brewing Company
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 09:33:38 PM »
The aroma alone sounds like something I'd wear as perfume.

Play your cards right, and you just might get the chance.

Offline beagle

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • DO NOT TALK BAD ABOUT SOCCER! SERIOUS BUSINESS!
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »
I am guessing that Kathleen is posting from her Phone and would like the smell of it.
All your brews are belong to me

Offline Kathleen

• Miss Smooth
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2008, 09:52:30 PM »
Don Pardo, tell Beags what he's won!

Bison> :popcorn:
I should just let you take some bottles out my cellar box in return.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 09:55:13 PM »
I'm going to go Thursday after work to sample some of these and see if there is anything worth filling up a growler.   :banned:

Offline Kathleen

• Miss Smooth
  • Barleywine
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:24 PM »
Hooray!  :hifive:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2008, 07:37:22 AM »

I should just let you take some bottles out my cellar box in return

Wait ... I hope this isn't a euphemism.   :mellow:

Offline Kathleen

• Miss Smooth
  • Barleywine
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2008, 09:15:08 AM »

I should just let you take some bottles out my cellar box in return

Wait ... I hope this isn't a euphemism.   :mellow:

Not everything I say is a euphemism.  TIA

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »
Bison has been a slacker lately (or just recovering from MN, perhaps?), so I had to go to Titletown at lunch and try these new beers. In order of preference ...

Bamberg Brew is a smoked lager. Roasted Vienna malt provides the smokiness, I believe. It's smooth and tasty. Similar to Fort Collins Z Lager.

Rackers Ale is a wet hop harvest ale. Not much nose at all, and the taste only slightly better. I was expecting a hop blast, but it's rather smooth and sweet. My backyard-grown hops are in this brew. Not enough evidently.

Mulligan Brew is a pale ale, maybe? Initial hop bite with a bitterness that lingers quite a while. OK, but nothing to rave about.

Drink on people ...

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
    • NFLMVP's Trade References
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »
Bison has been a slacker lately (or just recovering from MN, perhaps?), so I had to go to Titletown at lunch and try these new beers. In order of preference ...

Bamberg Brew is a smoked lager. Roasted Vienna malt provides the smokiness, I believe. It's smooth and tasty. Similar to Fort Collins Z Lager.

Rackers Ale is a wet hop harvest ale. Not much nose at all, and the taste only slightly better. I was expecting a hop blast, but it's rather smooth and sweet. My backyard-grown hops are in this brew. Not enough evidently.

Mulligan Brew is a pale ale, maybe? Initial hop bite with a bitterness that lingers quite a while. OK, but nothing to rave about.

Drink on people ...

Are you a member of the Green Bay Rackers?

(to those who don't know, this is not an attempt to evade the filter....it's the homebrew club in GB)
Take good care of your beer and your beer will take good care of you.

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2008, 09:53:46 AM »

Drink on people ...

(to those who don't know, this is not an attempt to evade the filter....it's the homebrew club in GB)

I am not. My brewing buddy and I just brought in some of our hops (Willamette) for this batch. Titletown is open to non-Rackers contributing, so we did.

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2008, 10:42:42 AM »

I am not. My brewing buddy and I just brought in some of our hops (Willamette) for this batch. Titletown is open to non-Rackers contributing, so we did.

I can't imagine that any homebrew club would turn down free ingredients.   :D

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »
"A Slew of New Brew:  Today at Titletown we're tapping TWO new beers. Both are named for the brand new street in front of our building.

The first is Pearl Street Amber Weizen, a "dunkel" (dark) style wheat beer. We re-used the yeast from Dousman Street Wheat to make it, and it shares the clove-like spice and light vanilla flavor of Dousman Street Wheat, but is darker and maltier.

Or if you're into the very dark, we tapped Blacktop Baltic, a baltic-style porter. Black, roasty and strong (over 8%) with a very smooth flavor and a light alcohol warmth.

PLUS, this Friday (Halloween) we plan to tap Smashing Pumpkin. We used 3 times as many pumpkins as last year and Kurt did a great job roasting them for us, so a lot of people have been looking forward to that.

David, your brewer"

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »
Thanks for the head's up.

I'll head over for one Friday at lunch.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »
Peat's Good Ale

This creamy red-brown Scottish-style "90 Shilling" ale has flavors of rich malt, dark caramel, fresh bread, and fruit as well as bits of peat smoke and roasted barley which balance its semi-sweet finish.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2009, 07:46:24 PM »
still waiting for one of their beers to differentiate itself

and i've said it before but the medium rare elk burger is freaking fantastic
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »
still waiting for one of their beers to differentiate itself

I've been drinking a lot of their Baltic Porter ... the Bamberg brew was solid ... before that the Pullman Porter was good ... and I think the Stout, IPA, and Alt are all decent examples of the style.

But I don't think they are going to tap a 2 year old IPA anytime soon.   :mellow:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2009, 12:05:58 PM »
"If you look closely, you'll notice that Hopasaurus Rex is a little different today.  Based on your feedback, we left this batch unfiltered.  The haze you see in your glass is yeast and protein, which give a fuller, smoother mouthfeel, better hop aroma, and lots of extra B vitamins for your diet.  If you like (or dislike) the change, please tell the brewer!"

Haven't had the IPA in a while.  May need to try this with a fish fry tonight.  :banned:

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2009, 12:07:40 PM »
"If you look closely, you'll notice that Hopasaurus Rex is a little different today.  Based on your feedback, we left this batch unfiltered.  The haze you see in your glass is yeast and protein, which give a fuller, smoother mouthfeel, better hop aroma, and lots of extra B vitamins for your diet.  If you like (or dislike) the change, please tell the brewer!"

Haven't had the IPA in a while.  May need to try this with a fish fry tonight.  :banned:
Cool! Now change the Blood McNally back to what it used to be.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »

I'll sign that petition ... but I wonder if anyone there even knows what it used to be.  It's been 3-4 brewmasters since it was good, I think.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Barleywine
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

I'll sign that petition ... but I wonder if anyone there even knows what it used to be.  It's been 3-4 brewmasters since it was good, I think.
:lol:
No kidding!
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »

Hop Monster

Hop lovers rejoice! The recent hop harvest was an excellent one, so we thought we'd celebrate with an Imperial IPA!

This beer is bursting with grapefruit-like hops, which we added in every way we know how to add hops. In all, there are almost 6 pounds of hops in every barrel.

Our new "Hop Monster" smacks you in the nose with pungent, resinous, citrus-like American hops, awakens taste buds you didn't know you had with absurd amounts of hop bitterness and flavor, then mercifully soothes your palate with its clean, dry finish so you can come back for more.

It's strong (9.2% ABV) so anchor yourself to that barstool well!

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »

Hop Monster

Hop lovers rejoice! The recent hop harvest was an excellent one, so we thought we'd celebrate with an Imperial IPA!

This beer is bursting with grapefruit-like hops, which we added in every way we know how to add hops. In all, there are almost 6 pounds of hops in every barrel.

Our new "Hop Monster" smacks you in the nose with pungent, resinous, citrus-like American hops, awakens taste buds you didn't know you had with absurd amounts of hop bitterness and flavor, then mercifully soothes your palate with its clean, dry finish so you can come back for more.

What's going on TONIGHT?  Anyone want to meet up?

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »

Hop Monster

No beer for me for another week or so.  :kickrock:

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »

Hop Monster

Furley is mysteriously absent from threads that need his input today.   >:(

What's with the beer abstinence?

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2009, 04:19:59 PM »

Hop Monster

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »

Hop Monster

I wish I could, man. It sounds tasty, and the brew Bison brought down to Appleton was pretty good. This isn't the same one, is it?

Maybe get a growler this week.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2009, 06:09:55 PM »
:coffee:

i'm working 10+ hour days and getting home just in time to babysit

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »

Hop Monster

What's the point....you'll still be bald.   :shrug:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2009, 07:25:51 PM »

What's the point....you'll still be bald.   :shrug:

Yeah, but my pants will fit and my joints won't ache as much.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2009, 07:30:05 PM »

I wish I could, man. It sounds tasty, and the brew Bison brought down to Appleton was pretty good. This isn't the same one, is it?

The one I bought to NFL's was their regular IPA ... this is a new IIPA they just tapped this week.  Haven't tried it yet, so let us know how it is if you get a growler of it this week.

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »

The one I bought to NFL's was their regular IPA ... this is a new IIPA they just tapped this week.  Haven't tried it yet, so let us know how it is if you get a growler of it this week.

:thumbup:

Got a growler of Titletown Hop Monster DIPA last night and enjoyed some during the hoops games.

I was pleasantly surprised by this beer. It sure smacks you in the head with hop taste (and grapefruit aroma), but it has some balance, too. I downed three pints, and it never stopped being enjoyable.

I prefer stouts and porters, so I'm not an expert on DIPAs. But, this one worked for me. Not stellar (HopSlam), but solid. I'm curious to hear what other experienced drinkers think.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2009, 03:24:14 PM »

:thumbup:

Got a growler of Titletown Hop Monster DIPA last night and enjoyed some during the hoops games.

I was pleasantly surprised by this beer. It sure smacks you in the head with hop taste (and grapefruit aroma), but it has some balance, too. I downed three pints, and it never stopped being enjoyable.

I prefer stouts and porters, so I'm not an expert on DIPAs. But, this one worked for me. Not stellar (HopSlam), but solid. I'm curious to hear what other experienced drinkers think.

Nice.  I'll have to give it a try next week sometime.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2009, 09:25:52 AM »
had a sample of the Hop Monster at dinner last night

pretty good. better than any other beer i've had there.

like severstad said the hops definitely are punchy. and the grapefruit is tart. but it's good.

9.2%, which is kinda shocking for a beer around here.

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »

like severstad said the hops definitely are punchy. and the grapefruit is tart. but it's good.

Why only a sample?

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2009, 10:22:03 AM »

Had one Friday, thought it was pretty good.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2009, 10:34:12 AM »

Why only a sample?

don't like beer with food. gotta have either water, milk or cola.

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2009, 10:38:08 AM »

Glad you guys liked it, too. Good to know I wasn't tasting something that wasn't there.

Growler was $14, which isn't that bad for a tasty 9% IPA. Gang, I think we should make an effort to praise Titletown on this one. Perhaps they'll make more beer with balls and taste.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2009, 11:43:38 AM »

Glad you guys liked it, too. Good to know I wasn't tasting something that wasn't there.

Growler was $14, which isn't that bad for a tasty 9% IPA. Gang, I think we should make an effort to praise Titletown on this one. Perhaps they'll make more beer with balls and taste.

Wondered how much they would be charging for it.  The imperial pints were just $1 more than the regular beers - $5.50

I also had the Maibock and that was decent, too.

They still have that stack of oak barrels filled with barleywine aging upstairs too.  Kind of expected to see that over the winter.  :shrug:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2009, 12:07:08 PM »
They still have that stack of oak barrels filled with barleywine aging upstairs too.  Kind of expected to see that over the winter.  :shrug:

i'll talk to my source

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2009, 12:28:40 PM »

Why only a sample?

don't like beer with food. gotta have either water, milk or cola.

fixed

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »

i'll talk to my source

Last time I mentioned the barrels to the brewer (October?), he said the barleywine was shaping up nicely, but it wasn't ready. Now, six months later, perhaps it's close to being tapped.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2009, 08:02:06 PM »
Just a quick note to let you know we've tapped another fresh ale at Titletown. It's a hybrid of the American Rye, German Altbier, and English Brown Porter styles, aptly named "Rye Not?" You'll have to try it to see what this might taste like, but "smooth", "grainy", and "balanced" are words that come to mind.

----------------------------------------

This one sounds a little odd.  :blink:

Offline Severstad

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2009, 10:05:58 AM »

i'll talk to my source

Last time I mentioned the barrels to the brewer (October?), he said the barleywine was shaping up nicely, but it wasn't ready. Now, six months later, perhaps it's close to being tapped.

Ran into the owner of Titletown, and one of his brewers, after Beer Wars last night. Of course, I asked about the Barrel-Aged Barleywine, and it just so happened that they sampled it earlier in the day.

Their plan is to blend this with non-aged barleywine and release a keg every quarter during the year. A sort of mini-celebration every few months, which seems cool to me. Now, they just need to promote it properly and let beer geeks know it's available. This could increase Titletown's credibility quite a bit if executed right. And the beer tastes good.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »

i'll talk to my source

Ran into the owner of Titletown, and one of his brewers, after Beer Wars last night. Of course, I asked about the Barrel-Aged Barleywine, and it just so happened that they sampled it earlier in the day.

Their plan is to blend this with non-aged barleywine and release a keg every quarter during the year. A sort of mini-celebration every few months, which seems cool to me. Now, they just need to promote it properly and let beer geeks know it's available. This could increase Titletown's credibility quite a bit if executed right. And the beer tastes good.

I hope I'm wrong, but this makes me think it didn't turn out very good.   :(

I'm going to head over there after work today to check out the new "Rye Not?" ... I think they already have another new one tapped now, too.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »
Just a quick note to let you know we've tapped another fresh ale at Titletown. It's a hybrid of the American Rye, German Altbier, and English Brown Porter styles, aptly named "Rye Not?" You'll have to try it to see what this might taste like, but "smooth", "grainy", and "balanced" are words that come to mind.

The "Rye Not?" is actually pretty damn good ... kind of a rye brown ale.   :thumbup:

Also tried their newest tapping - Midas' Well, a Belgian strong pale ale (8.5% ABV).  This one was "meh" ... too sweet for me.  They really need to give up on trying Belgian styles.

Finally, Hop Monster IIPA (9.4% ABV) is still tasty.   :thumbup:

And GFB happy hour prices at the bar ... 2.50 imperial pints for the Rye and Midas', and 3.50 for the IIPA.

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »

The "Rye Not?" is actually pretty damn good ... kind of a rye brown ale.   :thumbup:

Also tried their newest tapping - Midas' Well, a Belgian strong pale ale (8.5% ABV).  This one was "meh" ... too sweet for me.  They really need to give up on trying Belgian styles.

And GFB happy hour prices at the bar ... 2.50 imperial pints for the Rye and Midas', and 3.50 for the IIPA.

This kind of beer and this kind of deal and you're home by 6:30? ???

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2009, 11:56:51 AM »

This kind of beer and this kind of deal and you're home by 6:30? ???

Happy hour ends at 6:00 :shrug:  Just went for dinner and a few beers.

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2009, 02:44:22 PM »
"After a brief hiatus, dark roasty beer has returned to Titletown Brewing Company as this year's Pullman Porter.  We imported everything but the water from the UK so we could create an authentic Robust English Porter."

Offline NFLMVP

• Barleywine
  • Cerevisia Supra Omnia
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2009, 04:57:04 PM »
"After a brief hiatus, dark roasty beer has returned to Titletown Brewing Company as this year's Pullman Porter.  We imported everything but the water from the UK so we could create an authentic Robust English Porter."

:popcorn:

Offline flyingbison

• Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2009, 04:59:34 PM »

:popcorn:

I liked this one last year.  I'll report back when I've tried the new batch.