Thank you for the years of support! TheBeerSpot will be shutting down at the end of 2022. Please see this thread for more details.
search

Author Topic: Any decent NA beers?  (Read 6051 times)

Offline heckmanm

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
Re: Any decent NA beers?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2021, 11:25:02 AM »
Jaime got a mini-can of Heineken 0.0 in some gift box, I tried it last night

I mean, it tasted in the general realm of what I recall for Heineken, but I haven't had one in a long time.  Generic, mass-market northern European pils. Nothing terribly "off", a little noble hop flavor, a little malt.

Kind of wishing I'd have held off and bought a single can to do a blind side-by-side, just to test my palate. 
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour

Teach him to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • American Sour Ale
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2021, 12:03:42 PM »
:lol:

Littleport Brewery in Racine made an NA "Citra Hop Water" which I liked. Tasted like a carbed hop tea basically, made a good palate cleanser.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2021, 12:28:25 PM »
Sorry in advance for linking Thrillist, but this list has a lot on it i've never heard of...

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/best-non-alcoholic-craft-beer-list

Offline Beer Monkey

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2022, 02:10:03 PM »
Met up for a beer with a friend who had some crazy medical "stuff" happen last year. He's completely changed his diet and drinking way less, to include some NA beers so I thought I would try some out as well. Maybe have some NA and as such low cal beers on my "off days". So far I've only tried Lagunitas IPNA and Athletic Run Wild. Pretty much meh so far but they're okay I suppose. Run Wild was decent enough slamming it from a can after working up a sweat. Getting 2 6 packs of some other Athletic flavors which are actually pretty highly rated on ______ so hopefully they don't disappoint. He says some of the Brewdog offerings are good.  :shrug:
Beer. It always seems like such a good idea at the time. What's worse is beer seems like an even better idea after you've had some beer.

Offline Beer Monkey

• Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2022, 02:11:54 PM »
And tying this thread into the Ofest thread, we travel out to a friend's farm every Sept to throw a fest party. I told him this year we should show up with all NA beers to mess with the host. :D
Beer. It always seems like such a good idea at the time. What's worse is beer seems like an even better idea after you've had some beer.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2022, 02:15:50 PM »
Ofest is about the only beer I drink anymore so I'm ok with it. :unsure:
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline Beer Monkey

• Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2022, 09:33:53 PM »
Athletic Brewing tropical sour could easily pass for a typical fruited sour beer. Best of the NA beers so far. Closer by the Mile was pretty good from them too.

Offline KingG

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
    • Bine & Vine Bottle Shop
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2022, 11:34:47 PM »
Almost every NA beer I've tried tastes like unfermented wort. Hard pass.
Bine & Vine Bottle Shop

www.BineandVine.com

Offline Beer Monkey

• Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2022, 09:55:00 PM »
Two Roots Ocsoberfest is drinkable.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2022, 11:43:26 PM »
I finally tried Hoplark. Enjoyable. The tea flavors are similar to a lot of malt flavors that taste like tea. With the hops and 0 calories, I can enjoy it.

Tried the Athletic Stout and not so much. If rather not waste 90 calories on that and double down with a real beer.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2022, 11:04:53 AM »

Marz Hop N’ Honey Water

Made with Citra Hops, local honey from Open Prarie Apiary and a touch of lemon juice.

"Like a fusion of sparkling sweetened tea and a hoppy IPA, we use fresh Citra hops and Open Apiary honey to create a delicious sparkling tonic. The addition of honey adds just the right amount of natural sweetness to ignite the hop bomb of Citra, with aromas of grapefruit, citrus, peach, melon, lime, gooseberry, and passion fruit."

$38 for a 12-pack, oof. :$:

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2022, 11:11:58 AM »

Marz Hop N’ Honey Water

Made with Citra Hops, local honey from Open Prarie Apiary and a touch of lemon juice.

"Like a fusion of sparkling sweetened tea and a hoppy IPA, we use fresh Citra hops and Open Apiary honey to create a delicious sparkling tonic. The addition of honey adds just the right amount of natural sweetness to ignite the hop bomb of Citra, with aromas of grapefruit, citrus, peach, melon, lime, gooseberry, and passion fruit."
That sounds good. I'd drink that
if somebody bought me one.
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2022, 12:01:08 PM »

Marz Hop N’ Honey Water

"Just pour it in my hands for a dime" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2022, 04:24:25 PM »

Marz Hop N’ Honey Water

"Just pour it in my hands for a dime" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Online flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2022, 03:53:13 PM »
Finally got around to trying seom Hop Lark water (Citra).  Very refreshing, but $$$.

Also tried Lakefront Riverwest Stein NA beer.  Better than most of the other I have tried, but still meh.

Untitled Art Italian Pilsner NA was surprisingly good (but also $$$).  Best one I've had so far, by a wide margin.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2022, 04:00:50 PM »
Finally got around to trying seom Hop Lark water (Citra).  Very refreshing, but $$$.

Also tried Lakefront Riverwest Stein NA beer.  Better than most of the other I have tried, but still meh.

Untitled Art Italian Pilsner NA was surprisingly good (but also $$$).  Best one I've had so far, by a wide margin.
I've stayed away from United Art b/c of the price but am very interested.  Maybe will splurge one day soon.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2022, 04:21:35 PM »

Not beer, but I picked up some sparkling NA teas from a local brewery recently. Still have one from Old Bakery downstate in Alton, called Herbarium.

Now if they'd just add THC i'd probably drink it. :rockzo: