search

Author Topic: April 2021 SAISONS month  (Read 2318 times)

Offline sunscar22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
Re: April 2021 SAISONS month
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2021, 10:53:50 PM »
I found a place that sells beers other than IPAs!!!  The only two saisons were a Saison Dupont and a fruited farmhouse ale from Almanac.  They were both great.  The dupont was so refreshing.  I miss this style. 

Offline stoney

• Double IPA
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2021, 10:30:02 AM »
Before April is over I wish to pile on with Brasserie Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux.

The bottles that I got from Belgian Happiness were simply incredible. Impossible to believe this is a 9.5% ABV beer.

Highly recommended.
Poor unfortunate elderly isolated beer god.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • American Sour Ale
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
Before April is over I wish to pile on with Brasserie Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux.

The bottles that I got from Belgian Happiness were simply incredible. Impossible to believe this is a 9.5% ABV beer.

Highly recommended.

I like that it comes in 375mL's now. Beer Temple had them for a little while.

Sadly we don't get the full Dupont range like we did years ago, I miss Avril, Moinette Brune, and Foret, and wish we could get the Redor Pils.

Offline stoney

• Double IPA
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2021, 11:06:42 AM »

Highly recommended.

Sadly we don't get the full Dupont range like we did years ago, I miss Avril, Moinette Brune, and Foret, and wish we could get the Redor Pils.

I've had (and enjoyed) the Moinette and Foret but never even heard of Avril.

I have a Moinette chalice that serves as my "beater chalice" along with a Chimay.

SERIOUSLY TWITCHING to place yet another BH order.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2021, 11:34:10 AM »

Highly recommended.

I have a Moinette chalice that serves as my "beater chalice" along with a Chimay.

Me too... about every 6 months I get really itchy. ;) If there's anything specific you're looking for, send him an email before you order, and he may be able to hook you up. :thumbup:

I once had the old logo Moinette chalice with the blackletter, but it broke in the mid 2000's. :kickrock: I've since gravitated away from using chalice glasses, since i'm pretty clumsy. :bag: Avril is a great table beer, light and dry, low abv.

Offline stoney

• Double IPA
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2021, 12:05:39 PM »

Highly recommended.

Me too... about every 6 months I get really itchy. ;) If there's anything specific you're looking for, send him an email before you order, and he may be able to hook you up. :thumbup:

I once had the old logo Moinette chalice with the blackletter, but it broke in the mid 2000's. :kickrock: I've since gravitated away from using chalice glasses, since i'm pretty clumsy. :bag: Avril is a great table beer, light and dry, low abv.

Eh, I went and did it. Ordered me up another box of BH.

I deserve it, after 40 years at hard (?) labor.

BH's recommended shipping carton sizes have gotten LARGER.

Have you noticed NO TILQUIN can be shipped to the USA?  :confused:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2021, 12:23:15 PM »

Highly recommended.

Larger? I thought they got smaller. 13 750's instead of 14-15 before. Shipping went down though.
That's just a "disclaimer" AFAIK. Some producers that distribute in the US don't want webshops shipping here. They don't realize how random distro is here, and how impossible it is to find their beers sometimes. :shrug:

Offline stoney

• Double IPA
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2021, 01:07:01 PM »

Highly recommended.

Larger? I thought they got smaller. 13 750's instead of 14-15 before. Shipping went down though.
That's just a "disclaimer" AFAIK. Some producers that distribute in the US don't want webshops shipping here. They don't realize how random distro is here, and how impossible it is to find their beers sometimes. :shrug:

Huh.....could be I'm fulla shit.  :confused:

Just ordered some regular Belgian shit that have no prayer of getting up here, Rochefort Triple, more Avec Les Bon Veaux.

It's gonna be summer pretty soon WTF I deserve some nice Belgian beer in my declining years.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2021, 03:21:35 PM »
Golden beers for the golden years. :ale: :ale: :ale: :cheers: