Beer Discussion > Cellaring

Bought a bunch of old-ish Bruery beers

(1/7) > >>

beastiefan2k:
State Line Liquors in MD, one of the best beers stores I've ever seen, put all their Breury beers on discount to $4.99 for 750s. Most of these bottles are 2015 or 2016. I figured I'd update how self-aged (over-priced) Bruery beers are doing.

First beer I tried was Mash from 2015. Its a bourbon English style barlewyine (though, on some variants its called an imperial brown).
- Cold bottle was already giving off a slight sourness that I attributed to a developing infection. Otherwise, lots of oxidation. Not really worth it.
- Unfortunately, I picked up 2 bottles cause I figured a big beer was going to standup to the age better. When I popped the second bottle without fridging it, it was a gusher. So, definitely infected.

Tonnellerie Rue. Barrel Fermented Saison Ale
- I didn't have much expectations for this but was floored by the strong Brett character. Oxidation present but still can enjoy the rest of the beer. Too bad, this was the same night as the Mash and a bottle of wine. This ended up not being finished despite being the best beverage of the night.

Beret (2016)
- Simply put, too sour. The sourness has kept the oxidation away but as this warmed up it became painful to drink. The raspberry was still fun.

Sans Pagaie (2016)
- The cherries on this were still delicious. The sourness was strong but much better than the Beret. This is supposed to be a Belgian Kriek and the cherries are right on the money. The rest of this is very American but still worthwhile, especially for the price.

Batch No. 1731 (2016)
- This is a bretty hoppy session. The hops are gone without any leftover harsh bitterness. The brett is also very strong a nice. Oxidation is present but the brett makes it still worthwhile.

I'll update with at least 2 other beers I have yet to drink. Franky, I rarely buy Breury beers b/c I do not like their business model and price point. But whenever I do drink their beers (whether fresh or aged) I feel I have made the right decision.

emerge:
Was there any Oude Tart? Once upon a time that was my fav Bruery beer.

beastiefan2k:

--- Quote from: emerge on May 08, 2020, 09:57:35 PM ---Was there any Oude Tart? Once upon a time that was my fav Bruery beer.

--- End quote ---
Yup, got a bottle. Though, I believe this one is not that old. Will crack open soon.

emerge:

--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on May 08, 2020, 10:20:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: emerge on May 08, 2020, 09:57:35 PM ---Was there any Oude Tart? Once upon a time that was my fav Bruery beer.

--- End quote ---
Yup, got a bottle. Though, I believe this one is not that old. Will crack open soon.

--- End quote ---
:cheers:

BryanC:

--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on May 08, 2020, 02:55:56 PM ---State Line Liquors in MD, one of the best beers stores I've ever seen.

--- End quote ---

:goodposting:

I've got a couple pretty old Bruery beers in the cellar I need to drink one of these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version