search

Author Topic: Best Beer spots in Phoenix area?  (Read 226 times)

Offline sunscar22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • IPA
Best Beer spots in Phoenix area?
« on: July 29, 2018, 10:21:46 PM »
Heading there in March for golf, spring training, and beer.  Trying to decide where to stay because it would be great to be within stumbling distance of some nice pubs. 

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
Re: Best Beer spots in Phoenix area?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:30:17 PM »
Including Scottsdale area. 

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »
The AZ thread has a lot of good PHX suggestions.

McFate is in Scottsdale, Wren House seems to be the top spot in the Phoenix area. I've had good stuff from Arizona Wilderness, though have heard mixed reviews of the place itself. Wandering Tortoise seems to be the go-to beer bar. These are all spread out, not really within stumbling distance.

I only made it to a couple places in PHX, and none of my top choices since it was on a Monday, and we got held up on the way back.
Mother Bunch was a decent brewpub, and Craft Beer Hop Stop a decent store on the far north end of town.

ASU Karsten course is recommended by my coworker that's played there. The Shop Beer Co. appears to be nearby in Tempe.

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 11:13:46 AM »
Thank you.  I checked out the Arizona thread but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is where is the highest concentration of drinking spots.  I don't mind ubering to golf/baseball but want to be able to walk to drinks.  Might not be possible since the whole Phoenix area was developed around driving. 

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 11:48:29 AM »
Thank you.  I checked out the Arizona thread but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is where is the highest concentration of drinking spots.  I don't mind ubering to golf/baseball but want to be able to walk to drinks.  Might not be possible since the whole Phoenix area was developed around driving.

There looks to be an Embassy Suites off 24th in between Wren House, Wandering Tortoise, and Helton Brewing.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 12:11:58 PM »

There looks to be an Embassy Suites off 24th in between Wren House, Wandering Tortoise, and Helton Brewing.

Also a few hotels along Camelback Rd. and 24th., including Hampton Inn where Chi_Dave stayed at recently. Couple spots near there, and Huss Brewing and SunUp Brewing a little further west on Camelback.  Seems to be one of the higher density areas of beer spots, but further from Wren House than Embassy Suites.

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
We rented a house on VRBO walking distance to Scottsdale stadium and Old Town Scottsdale.  There is room for more if anyone wants to join in 3/7-11.