search

Author Topic: Thursday before Great Taste 2018 - Batavia drinking  (Read 563 times)

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Old Ale
Thursday before Great Taste 2018 - Batavia drinking
« on: July 19, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »
The time is upon us again.  I would like to open the porch at my folks house to festivities of drinking.  This is not exclusive for those going to Great Taste, but we do need to make sure that the entire suburbs don't show up.  If you are interested in joining in and sharing some good times and good beers, please let me know as a response in this thread.  My folks live near-enough to the High School in Batavia you can use it as a reference point to see if it would work for you and your travels. 

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
Re: Thursday before Great Taste 2018 - Batavia drinking
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »
Cool, I should be around for said festivities of drinking :ale::thumbup:

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:07:46 PM »
Cool, I should be around for said festivities of drinking :ale::thumbup:

Woo hoo!  Hope some other friends can join us too. 

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 11:25:58 PM »
 :bye:

Barring unforeseens, Donna and I will be there. Will effort to get across to Canuckistan in the next couple weeks and procure some proper All-Dressed Chips.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 01:38:53 PM »
Anyone ever heard of/been to Lodi Tap House in Maple Park, IL?

Appears to be 20ish minutes west of Batavia, just past Ream's in Elburn. Hmmm...

Reuben looks legit.

Offline thewimperoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »
Heard of it. Never went. Seemed like a nice option for those that live out that way, but never enticed me enough to take the extra time to drive there.
Dan

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 04:14:39 PM »
Heard of it. Never went. Seemed like a nice option for those that live out that way, but never enticed me enough to take the extra time to drive there.

Yeah, seems just a little too far out there. Figured I might swing by on the way to Brac's, or just forget about it.

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »
Gammon Coach House in Batavia would scratch that itch if you've never been.  Pretty similar I'm guessing, and saves you the extra driving.  Unless you were planning on going to Ream's.
Dan

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »
I am sure we will be stopping at Burger Antics on the way into town Thursday pre-BJC. Mrs OHL will be very happy when she sees their new Burger of the Month.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 10:35:01 PM »
Gammon Coach House in Batavia would scratch that itch if you've never been.  Pretty similar I'm guessing, and saves you the extra driving.  Unless you were planning on going to Ream's.

Haven’t been to Ream’s in a couple years and jonesing for the cured meats. :mellow:
Don’t they have a new bigger location too?

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 09:33:28 AM »
Yes, it's in a bigger spot that is further south from the old one. Just an FYI, they close at 6pm.
Dan

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 11:18:16 AM »
Looks like we're coming up Wednesday next week.  Not sure of stops on the way but likely Hailstormand Open Bottle since they are spitting distance from the highway.  We have all day Thursday as well, so might do a little brewery hopping...maybe even jump into the city.  I'm bringing a virgin sacrifice, so he will need proper treatment. 

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 03:26:52 PM »
We have all day Thursday as well, so might do a little brewery hopping...maybe even jump into the city.

I'd be down for this, let me know :thumbup:

I'm bringing a virgin sacrifice, so he will need proper treatment.

Just the usual deflowering, or ritual heart extraction? :mellow:

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 08:41:03 PM »
We have all day Thursday as well, so might do a little brewery hopping...maybe even jump into the city.

I'd be down for this, let me know :thumbup:

I'm bringing a virgin sacrifice, so he will need proper treatment.

Just the usual deflowering, or ritual heart extraction? :mellow:

Usual deflowering

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 08:43:56 AM »
Looks like we're coming up Wednesday next week.  Not sure of stops on the way but likely Hailstormand Open Bottle since they are spitting distance from the highway.  We have all day Thursday as well, so might do a little brewery hopping...maybe even jump into the city.  I'm bringing a virgin sacrifice, so he will need proper treatment.

I think I'm going to come up for this.  What's the plan for first stop on Thursday?  Might meet up there or at your parent's place.  I'll be sober so I can drive.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 11:11:55 AM »

I think I'm going to come up for this.  What's the plan for first stop on Thursday?  Might meet up there or at your parent's place.  I'll be sober so I can drive.
:excited:
As long as I wind up near the CTA or a Metra stop, i'd be down for whatever that day. :unsure:

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 12:08:33 PM »

There is no plan yet.  I wanted to give things a little time to see if folks had suggestions on what to do or where to meet.  As of now this is a pretty relaxed and easy day of going where the wind takes us.  I'm happy to plan more solid stuff if that is needed. 

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 11:19:01 AM »

What time would you be able to be at my folks on Thursday, if you're still thinking about coming up. 

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »

What time would you be able to be at my folks on Thursday, if you're still thinking about coming up.

Tell me when and I'll make it happen.  Something like 8 am would be doable for me, I'm an early riser.

Offline braconid

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 02:41:07 PM »

Tell me when and I'll make it happen.  Something like 8 am would be doable for me, I'm an early riser.

How about 9am?

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 02:42:34 PM »

How about 9am?

Sure.  Shoot me an address.

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »

How about 9am?

Sure.  Shoot me an address.

:like:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »
If you’re looking for city ideas, Maplewood is releasing Roger’s first beer since he moved from Corridor. Arguably makes the city’s best hazys :ale:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmL7F_wAWdG/?hl=en

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 09:51:46 PM »
If you’re looking for city ideas, Maplewood is releasing Roger’s first beer since he moved from Corridor. Arguably makes the city’s best hazys :ale:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmL7F_wAWdG/?hl=en
This is at 4pm, keep me posted if you’re in the city, since I won’t be driving. Down to meet up all day :cheers: