Beer Travel and Events > East Coast & Northeast

Boston/Maine

(1/2) > >>

Swabs:
Looks like I'm headed to Boston and then a long weekend in Maine in January.  I'll have 3ish days alone in Boston while the wife is in training during the day then we're thinking of heading up to Portland, but I'm open to other suggestions.  Looking for :protips: on stuff to do (lobster rolls).  :coffee:  Should we drive or is da train ok?

BryanC:
Allagash is worth a visit, even though you've had their beer 1000 times. 

Personally, I'd probably drive it.  It's only a 2 hour drive, and you can hit some good stuff along the way.  That said, I'm a pretty moderate drinker.  The train + uber might be a better way to go.  :mellow:

It's been like 10 years since I did that drive.  Last time I did it, we stopped at Portsmouth, which is not far off the highway.  No doubt there's even more now.

Swabs:

--- Quote from: BryanC on October 12, 2017, 02:14:22 PM ---Allagash is worth a visit, even though you've had their beer 1000 times. 

Personally, I'd probably drive it.  It's only a 2 hour drive, and you can hit some good stuff along the way.  That said, I'm a pretty moderate drinker.  The train + uber might be a better way to go. :mellow:

It's been like 10 years since I did that drive.  Last time I did it, we stopped at Portsmouth, which is not far off the highway.  No doubt there's even more now.

--- End quote ---

:parrothat:

thebestever:
message adam on FB for recs in maine. boston is kind of lame, but there is good stuff there too.

Swabs:

--- Quote from: thebestever on October 12, 2017, 03:28:06 PM ---message adam on FB for recs in maine. boston is kind of lame, but there is good stuff there too.

--- End quote ---

fine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version