Beer Travel and Events > East Coast & Northeast

RangerDanger duo hitting Buffalo, Philly and most of Maryland - July 17-25(ish)

(1/6) > >>

OHLRangers:
Time for my annual trip to Buffalo for the summer USA Hockey Select-15 Festival. Will be arriving the evening of Monday July 17th, heading out after the morning games of Wednesday July 19th.

Unlike most years, Donna will be joining me on this run. After leaving Buffalo we'll be heading east for my family reunion, which will be hosted by my cousin's family in Solomon's, MD (Fri 7/21- Sun 7/23). Since we have a couple days to get from WNY to SMD, we decided on a stop in Philly for good food, beer and finding planted relatives. Unfortunately warriorsoul (and Tom's buddy Damico, who I got to know at TBEFest three years or so ago) is out of town with the family while we will be in town. That said I think I have a good bead on what we want to do while there. Willing to hear any good suggestions, of course.

Solomon's is new to us, doesn't seem like a lot going on but all things being equal won't have a ton of time either (maybe a couple hours Saturday the 21st). Possibly running over to Fredericksburg, VA (an hour-ish away, a few breweries that look ok like Red Dragon and Adventure) for that time. Would look at DC but want to spend more than a couple hours there. Any thoughts from those who are more familiar with that area are appreciated.

After leaving Solomon's Sunday, we are talking about going up in the Hagerstown area for a couple days. I know it's not the greatest spot, but that's where my peeps set up camp prior to coming west to the Rust Belt. Likely going to Antietam Monday (family fought there, since their land was basically part of the battle grounds) and the Historical Society in Hagerstown Tuesday.

If anyone has ideas or can meet up with us in any of these headline-grabbing areas, let me know. I'm going to be off for pretty much the rest of the summer due to elbow nerve surgery (performed last Monday) so we're using this trip as our vacation for now. Definitely doing Great Taste as well, but looking like that will probably be the normal Thursday - Monday run.

bakes:
Buffalo - Big Ditch, CBW, 12 Gates in Williamsville, and 42 North in East Aurora are all worth going to.

Prison City in Auburn, just west of Syracuse, is supposed to be great.  And I will be in that area the 18th, dammit!

Philly - Earth Bread+Brewery.  Run by Tom Baker, who used to own Heavyweight.

BryanC:
Also in Philly - even though you've had their beers 12000 times, Victory is worth a visit.  Really nice place and Storm King on cask fresh from the source is out of this world.

VA - Why Fredericksburg?  Seems to me there is more stuff worth visiting either in the DC burbs or further south here in RVA.

OHLRangers:

--- Quote from: BryanC on July 10, 2017, 04:26:51 PM ---Also in Philly - even though you've had their beers 12000 times, Victory is worth a visit.  Really nice place and Storm King on cask fresh from the source is out of this world.

VA - Why Fredericksburg?  Seems to me there is more stuff worth visiting either in the DC burbs or further south here in RVA.

--- End quote ---

Fredericksburg looked like the closest spot to Solomon's that may have a place or two worth looking into. As stated, I just don't think we'd have the time to travel to Richmond (would be my preference, frankly) to do it right. Same with DC, too much to do, too little time. Convince me otherwise :-)

OHLRangers:

--- Quote from: bakes on July 10, 2017, 12:47:31 PM ---Buffalo - Big Ditch, CBW, 12 Gates in Williamsville, and 42 North in East Aurora are all worth going to.

Prison City in Auburn, just west of Syracuse, is supposed to be great.  And I will be in that area the 18th, dammit!

Philly - Earth Bread+Brewery.  Run by Tom Baker, who used to own Heavyweight.

--- End quote ---

:cheers:

Earth B+B was on the list for certain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version