search

Author Topic: Riverside CA Breweries?  (Read 419 times)

Offline Men-in-Cleats

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Old Ale
Riverside CA Breweries?
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:44:06 PM »
Any decent brews in the Riverside, CA or Ontario, CA area?  Be down there later this week for a dance competition and would like to check out some brews if I get time.  A quick net search revealed Wick's Brewing possibly being the best option as far as reviews are concerned.

Offline J-Rod

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Double IPA
Re: Riverside CA Breweries?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
DUDE. When??? Any free time? I'll cruise on out to finally meet up with the infamous (means MORE than famous) MiC!

There's a gastropub called the Salted Pig that's pretty good, that's in downtown. Also, if you're up for a little drive, Hangar 24 is a short jaunt north. There are a TON of new breweries up there I haven't had a chance to try yet tho.
J> I'm telling you, eat just a little and then rub the flesh
Can't help it....I have man-love for the Cuban Missile.

Offline Men-in-Cleats

• TBS Founding Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 02:09:24 PM »
DUDE. When??? Any free time? I'll cruise on out to finally meet up with the infamous (means MORE than famous) MiC!

There's a gastropub called the Salted Pig that's pretty good, that's in downtown. Also, if you're up for a little drive, Hangar 24 is a short jaunt north. There are a TON of new breweries up there I haven't had a chance to try yet tho.
We'll get down there evening of the 5th and will be there through Sunday morning when we are driving up to Magic Mountain.  I should be able to meet with you out there at some time if you are free to get out there.  We only have the one vehicle so the wife will probably be hesitant to let me take off with it but if I can be picked up I probably have more freedom.  My kids are doing one routine each, I think one on Friday and the other on Saturday and they have some classes and such that they are taking that I wouldn't have to be around for so it shouldn't be a problem figuring out some time.  I have your cell and will get in touch with you after we get there and I can figure out what windows I'm available.  Just glancing at the schedule it looks like Thursday afternoon is pretty open so that might be my best bet.  The menu at Salted Pig looks awesome, will have to see if it is too innovative for the wifey.  She isn't all that adventurous when it comes to food but will see. 

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 02:04:57 AM »

We'll get down there evening of the 5th and will be there through Sunday morning when we are driving up to Magic Mountain.  I should be able to meet with you out there at some time if you are free to get out there.  We only have the one vehicle so the wife will probably be hesitant to let me take off with it but if I can be picked up I probably have more freedom.  My kids are doing one routine each, I think one on Friday and the other on Saturday and they have some classes and such that they are taking that I wouldn't have to be around for so it shouldn't be a problem figuring out some time.  I have your cell and will get in touch with you after we get there and I can figure out what windows I'm available.  Just glancing at the schedule it looks like Thursday afternoon is pretty open so that might be my best bet.  The menu at Salted Pig looks awesome, will have to see if it is too innovative for the wifey.  She isn't all that adventurous when it comes to food but will see.
If you had a little more time, I would recommend the short drive to Temecula, there are 7-8 really nice breweries there, it is also sort of the middle of a wine region, so there are wineries too... We went there a year or two ago just to visit a couple of places I had heard about andwe were amazed to find how many more there were.
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline J-Rod

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »

If you had a little more time, I would recommend the short drive to Temecula, there are 7-8 really nice breweries there, it is also sort of the middle of a wine region, so there are wineries too... We went there a year or two ago just to visit a couple of places I had heard about andwe were amazed to find how many more there were.

There are a CRAZY amount of wineries out there now! I used to joke around and call it 'Wine County', since it was a poor mans version of Napa's 'Wine Country', but then I went for a friends birthday and was just blown away.
J> I'm telling you, eat just a little and then rub the flesh
Can't help it....I have man-love for the Cuban Missile.

Offline Westside Threat

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 08:58:48 PM »
Temucula is fun but I would highly suggest avoiding the wine. 
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 03:34:50 PM »
Bump, gonna be there next week.  Probably won't get to many breweries, but would like to get to a couple.
Gilly> this is totally murdering my unicorn blood boner

Offline Westside Threat

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 10:54:25 PM »
Riverside is the type of place you drive through.  After a quick google search, I can say I’ve never even heard of any of the local breweries
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 01:46:23 PM »
Update:

Route30 makes really good beers.  Thompson Brewing sucks.  That's all I have.
Gilly> this is totally murdering my unicorn blood boner

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 01:19:22 AM »
Update:

Route30 makes really good beers.  Thompson Brewing sucks.  That's all I have.
not really riverside, but kinda inland empire, last month Arrow Lodge in Covina came on my radar, we went and stuff was legit.  Its also fairly close to Claremont Craft Ales.   Distance from Riverside of course is a function of traffic and time of day, it was easy at night.
non-conformists are all the same...