Author Topic: Denver  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Pols

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old Ale
  • haters get the gas face
Denver
« on: March 01, 2017, 08:13:17 AM »
recommendations?  is it worth dropping the extra money to stay downtown, or is there a better spot?  going to check out a couple Rockies games and a Metallica concert in June.

literally know sweet fuck all about the city.  not really worried about going hiking or all that outdoors stuff.  we've got plenty of mountains and lakes here.  just looking for some food/drink/lodging rec's.

seriously contemplating going with Airbnb or vrbo for lodging. 

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
Re: Denver
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »
I've heard that Casey beer shows up sporadically in a handful of the shops there, so keep a lookout.
Haven't been in the last 20 years, so i'm no help otherwise ;D

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »

do this
better prices by a lot
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline urbanhack

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:27 PM »
recommendations?  is it worth dropping the extra money to stay downtown, or is there a better spot?  going to check out a couple Rockies games and a Metallica concert in June.

literally know sweet fuck all about the city.  not really worried about going hiking or all that outdoors stuff.  we've got plenty of mountains and lakes here.  just looking for some food/drink/lodging rec's.

SMOKE LOTS OF DOPE
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:09:06 PM »
Hotwire usually has good deals downtown.

I'll be there next month for a long weekend.
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline skinnyguy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pale Ale
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 08:46:55 PM »

Careful if you use B Cycle (the bike share program)- Colorado considers bikes "vehicles" for DUI purposes, and I've heard they have been making efforts to pull people over.

Great Divide, Epic, etc. Wynkoop makes one of best pepper beers I've had- it's a jalapeno beer with tons of flavor that I can actually consume a pint of. There are lots of breweries I haven't been to since it's been a few years. Fresh Craft is a nice spot, as is Euclid Hall. And of course, Falling Rock.

Stranahan's is worth a trip and a tour.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 09:04:55 AM »
Careful if you use B Cycle (the bike share program)- Colorado considers bikes "vehicles" for DUI purposes, and I've heard they have been making efforts to pull people over.

wtf

around here you can kinda tell the dudes with DUI's by the time of day and attire worn while riding their bikes. without bikes, how the hell are they supposed to get to happy hour after work  :confused:
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »

Great Divide, Epic, etc. Wynkoop makes one of best pepper beers I've had- it's a jalapeno beer with tons of flavor that I can actually consume a pint of. There are lots of breweries I haven't been to since it's been a few years. Fresh Craft is a nice spot, as is Euclid Hall. And of course, Falling Rock.

Stranahan's is worth a trip and a tour.
Downed a healthy pour of this at DIA last week :thumbup:

Offline Steve Tasker

• Old Ale
  • **OFFICIAL Fruit King of TBS**
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 09:33:09 AM »
Bump

Looking at a trip to Denver in early November....gonna be there for a work conference Mon - Wed, so I'll go a few days early, take an extra long weekend there before the conference.  Totally blank slate - need beer and food recommendations.  Also taking suggestions on what neighborhoods to target - I'll probably do an Airbnb.  Ideally places where I won't need a car for a few days.

Also considering a brief side trip to Boulder, if anyone has Boulder-specific recommendations.  Colorado football has a home game and it'd give me an excuse to go to Boulder to check it out.  Haven't really figured out any logistics, whether I'd spend a night in Boulder etc. 

Any help appreciated.
helping Stephanie deliver sausage to the unit since 2010

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 11:24:21 AM »
Beer-wise, my short to-do list is Bierstadt, TRVE, Black Project, and Goed Zuur. There's this odd brewery called "Grandma's House" which seems to be heavily schtick.

In Boulder, Backcountry Pizza & Taphouse looks promising. https://backcountrypizzaandtaphouse.info

Edit: Also looks like there's a sake maker in Denver, if that interests you at all. Colorado Sake Co.

Edit #2: Primitive is up in Longmont doing spontaneous ales, about 20 min from Boulder. https://primitive.beer
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 12:06:07 PM by emerge »

Offline Steve Tasker

• Old Ale
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 11:16:29 AM »
Emerge - thank you for the comments, I appreciate it.

I am officially booked.  Will have something like 3 days in Denver and 1.5 in Boulder if anyone has any other beer/food recs.  Staying in Five Points/RiNo in Denver, and just outside of Boulder though Boulder doesn't look like too huge of a city.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 11:21:07 AM »
Emerge - thank you for the comments, I appreciate it.

I am officially booked.  Will have something like 3 days in Denver and 1.5 in Boulder if anyone has any other beer/food recs.  Staying in Five Points/RiNo in Denver, and just outside of Boulder though Boulder doesn't look like too huge of a city.

Sounds like a fun trip! :cheers:
Wish I had some recent firsthand experience, but I haven't been to Denver since the 90's. :D

Offline Steve Tasker

• Old Ale
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2021, 03:17:13 PM »
One more bump on this thread.  Will be spending 1 days/2 nights in Denver, 2 days/nights in Boulder, and then 4 days / 3 nights in Denver (but for a work conference so will have minimal time for outside activities).

Any must-see beer/food recommendations in Denver/Boulder are welcome.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 04:57:39 PM »
Bierstadt Slow Pour Pils :ale:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2021, 09:33:04 PM »
One more bump on this thread.  Will be spending 1 days/2 nights in Denver, 2 days/nights in Boulder, and then 4 days / 3 nights in Denver (but for a work conference so will have minimal time for outside activities).

Any must-see beer/food recommendations in Denver/Boulder are welcome.

Update? Still there or back already? :popcorn: