Author Topic: Denver  (Read 591 times)

Offline Pols

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old Ale
  • haters get the gas face
Denver
« on: March 01, 2017, 08:13:17 AM »
recommendations?  is it worth dropping the extra money to stay downtown, or is there a better spot?  going to check out a couple Rockies games and a Metallica concert in June.

literally know sweet fuck all about the city.  not really worried about going hiking or all that outdoors stuff.  we've got plenty of mountains and lakes here.  just looking for some food/drink/lodging rec's.

seriously contemplating going with Airbnb or vrbo for lodging. 

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
Re: Denver
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »
I've heard that Casey beer shows up sporadically in a handful of the shops there, so keep a lookout.
Haven't been in the last 20 years, so i'm no help otherwise ;D

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »

do this
better prices by a lot
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline urbanhack

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:27 PM »
recommendations?  is it worth dropping the extra money to stay downtown, or is there a better spot?  going to check out a couple Rockies games and a Metallica concert in June.

literally know sweet fuck all about the city.  not really worried about going hiking or all that outdoors stuff.  we've got plenty of mountains and lakes here.  just looking for some food/drink/lodging rec's.

SMOKE LOTS OF DOPE
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline decoman

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Barleywine
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:09:06 PM »
Hotwire usually has good deals downtown.

I'll be there next month for a long weekend.
hey grammar police, fuck you :bird: Swabs is an Assclown

Offline skinnyguy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pale Ale
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 08:46:55 PM »

Careful if you use B Cycle (the bike share program)- Colorado considers bikes "vehicles" for DUI purposes, and I've heard they have been making efforts to pull people over.

Great Divide, Epic, etc. Wynkoop makes one of best pepper beers I've had- it's a jalapeno beer with tons of flavor that I can actually consume a pint of. There are lots of breweries I haven't been to since it's been a few years. Fresh Craft is a nice spot, as is Euclid Hall. And of course, Falling Rock.

Stranahan's is worth a trip and a tour.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 09:04:55 AM »
Careful if you use B Cycle (the bike share program)- Colorado considers bikes "vehicles" for DUI purposes, and I've heard they have been making efforts to pull people over.

wtf

around here you can kinda tell the dudes with DUI's by the time of day and attire worn while riding their bikes. without bikes, how the hell are they supposed to get to happy hour after work  :confused:
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »

Great Divide, Epic, etc. Wynkoop makes one of best pepper beers I've had- it's a jalapeno beer with tons of flavor that I can actually consume a pint of. There are lots of breweries I haven't been to since it's been a few years. Fresh Craft is a nice spot, as is Euclid Hall. And of course, Falling Rock.

Stranahan's is worth a trip and a tour.
Downed a healthy pour of this at DIA last week :thumbup: