search

Author Topic: Tampa March 8'th - 13'th  (Read 232 times)

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
Tampa March 8'th - 13'th
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:50:09 AM »
Have Hunahpu day ticket already for the 11'th. What else do I need to check out well there?
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Online howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
Re: Tampa March 8'th - 13'th
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:55:31 AM »
Have Hunahpu day ticket already for the 11'th. What else do I need to check out well there?
Gilly

Offline GatorBeerGeek

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
Re: Tampa March 8'th - 13'th
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »
Unless things have changed, that week is Tampa Beer Week, so you probably want to see what all is going on for that.  For example, I know 7th Sun used to always do Hunahpu hangover day the morning after.

I spent a week with Gilly in December and went to a lot of spots.  My favorite was Angry Chair in terms of variety and how good all the beer was.  Cycle had some good stuff but the setup with only pints or half pints was kind of annoying.  Green Bench had a tasty variety of good beers.  3 Daughters was a cool place to hang out but the beer seemed mediocre at best.  Big Storm had a fantastic BA barleywine, but everything else I had in my sampler was terrible.  Copper Tail was an interesting place with hit or miss beers for my tastes.

A lot of people were talking up Arkane while I was there, but it was after we already did the Clearwater/St Pete swing and I just ran out of time.

I did not go to Rapp or 7th Sun this time, but if you like German style beers or saisons respectively you should definitely check those out.

Hope that helps out some.