Beer Discussion > Homebrewing

Equipment Sale

<< < (2/3) > >>

beastiefan2k:
Since I have moved a lot in the past decade and don't move my HB stuff I often check CL. Prices on CL will differ based on availability. For example, when I lived in Seattle I could really low ball an offer b.c everyone and their grandma has tried homebrewing and then decided to sell equipment. Not so much the case in rural Maryland.

I would check to see what is available on CL and how long its been listed. Charge a bit lower than that. The big caveat is that its COVID and less people, seemingly, are looking to buy.

howardf:

--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on September 23, 2020, 12:31:52 PM ---Since I have moved a lot in the past decade and don't move my HB stuff I often check CL. Prices on CL will differ based on availability. For example, when I lived in Seattle I could really low ball an offer b.c everyone and their grandma has tried homebrewing and then decided to sell equipment. Not so much the case in rural Maryland.

I would check to see what is available on CL and how long its been listed. Charge a bit lower than that. The big caveat is that its COVID and less people, seemingly, are looking to buy.

--- End quote ---

Several people I know who deal in second hand shit for a living (pawn shops, ebay flippers) have said the opposite is true.  People are bored and business has never been better was the consensus.

beastiefan2k:

--- Quote from: howardf on September 23, 2020, 12:34:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on September 23, 2020, 12:31:52 PM ---Since I have moved a lot in the past decade and don't move my HB stuff I often check CL. Prices on CL will differ based on availability. For example, when I lived in Seattle I could really low ball an offer b.c everyone and their grandma has tried homebrewing and then decided to sell equipment. Not so much the case in rural Maryland.

--- End quote ---

Several people I know who deal in second hand shit for a living (pawn shops, ebay flippers) have said the opposite is true.  People are bored and business has never been better was the consensus.

--- End quote ---
I could def be wrong. Though, I wonder if this is applicable to HB equipment on CL.

JJ:

--- Quote from: beastiefan2k on September 23, 2020, 12:54:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: howardf on September 23, 2020, 12:34:14 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I could def be wrong. Though, I wonder if this is applicable to HB equipment on CL.

--- End quote ---
I checked CL and there wasn't much. I expanded the search to 2500 miles and there were maybe 15 listings.
To be fair, I've never used CL before and may be missing something. :unsure:

mr. furley:
lots of people using facebook marketplace these days

double-check there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version