search

Author Topic: NYC Suggestions?  (Read 712 times)

Offline Steve Tasker

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Old Ale
  • **OFFICIAL Fruit King of TBS**
NYC Suggestions?
« on: July 13, 2015, 10:53:17 AM »
Need minor help for NYC.  I will be there for a wedding this weekend; the lady is in the wedding so will be off doing bridesmaid things on Friday morning/early afternoon and then pretty much all day Saturday for wedding day.  I will probably have free reign from maybe 11 AM - 2 PM Friday, late morning through lunch on Saturday and maybe an hour or two between the ceremony and reception.

Our hotel is in Midtown Manhattan (Murray Hill neighborhood) and the reception is also in Midtown a few blocks north.  I do not know where the church is, but I'd guess based on this that it's probably in Midtown too.

Any suggestions?  I haven't set foot in The City in probably 12 years now.  This neighborhood looks kinda like a beer dead zone, though I found some place called Albion that looks decent.
helping Stephanie deliver sausage to the unit since 2010

Offline BeerTruth

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Double IPA
  • How 'bout them Bills?
Re: NYC Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »
Doesn't appear like you have a whole bunch of time, otherwise I'd say venture into Brooklyn. 

As for Manhattan, Pony Bar (there's two of them), Blind Tiger (a must), Rattle N Hum, Proletariat, Barcade (St. Marks), The Jeffrey, and Fools Gold are your best bets. 

Offline Steve Tasker

• Old Ale
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
Doesn't appear like you have a whole bunch of time, otherwise I'd say venture into Brooklyn. 

As for Manhattan, Pony Bar (there's two of them), Blind Tiger (a must), Rattle N Hum, Proletariat, Barcade (St. Marks), The Jeffrey, and Fools Gold are your best bets.
I will keep these in mind.  I considered just texting you to see if you had any ideas but posted it here instead.

I really don't have a lot of time but it's a nice time-waster to find somewhere to drink.  Rattle N Hum appears to be walkable from the hotel, just a few blocks away.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »
There are also a lot of Indian restaurants in that area, aka "Curry Hill".
I'm a fan of Spuyten Duyvil but that's in Brooklyn. The Jeffery looks cool.

Offline thebestever

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • unicorn stampede!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »

I will keep these in mind.  I considered just texting you to see if you had any ideas but posted it here instead.

I really don't have a lot of time but it's a nice time-waster to find somewhere to drink.  Rattle N Hum appears to be walkable from the hotel, just a few blocks away.

you should have texted him, because i had to alert him his expertise was needed on tbs. lol.

highly doubtful on follow up replies.  :P

Offline warriorsoul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Macro
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 02:41:06 PM »
I am a fan of the Ginger Man. 11 E. 36th.
Always a solid tap list and their prices slightly better than R&H from my experience.
Enjoy the big apple  :pics:
Just ring the fucking bell, you pansy.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »
I am a fan of the Ginger Man. 11 E. 36th.
Always a solid tap list and their prices slightly better than R&H from my experience.
Enjoy the big apple  :pics:
Hey Tom!
Are you going to the Taste this year? :cheers:

Offline Steve Tasker

• Old Ale
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »
Only made it to Blind Tiger out of the ones listed.  Pretty awesome spot though.  Very reminiscent of Moor Pat, a recently-opened bar in Buffalo.  Opened the place up at 11:30 on Friday and it was pretty much full by the time we left around 1:45.

Hit a couple of other random bars over the course of the weekend, some decent selections but nothing wild.

I did enjoy The Shakespeare - 24 E 39th, old school British pub feel to it.  Maybe 12 beers on tap, mostly macro stuff but a handful of others, Southampton, Brooklyn.  Also 2 cask beers on, which I enjoyed.  Cool vibe, I recommend the place.