search

Author Topic: Seattle  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
Seattle
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:13:15 PM »
Headed down to Seattle for a long weekend.  I've randomly stopped at a few breweries and overall haven't been too impressed.  After a little research it looks like there are a couple newer places that I need to stop at.

Black Raven - Been before and was impressed
Holy Mountain - REALLY want to check this place out
Reuben's Brews - Might be good
Populuxe - Have a few things that look promising

Anyone been to any of these places or have other suggestions?
Gilly> this is totally murdering my unicorn blood boner

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
Re: Seattle
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
Everything I've heard about Brouwer's has been positive, although it's not a brewery.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 07:10:48 PM »
There's a bottle shop/tap room right near Black Raven.

Also, make sure to ask Proninja about his religion bicycles.
Quote from: J-Rod
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.

Offline Sebowski

• Quadrupel
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 06:21:08 PM »
Favorite spots in each district for me:

West Seattle: Beveridge Place. Always a great tap list when I've been. Cool vibe too.

Fremont: Outlander Brewery. Just a nano, but super cool. In an old house. Awesome owner. Brauers is cool too. Good food. Only frustration with them is literally every time I pick a bottle from the bottle list they don't actually have it. Over and over again this has happened. Fremont also has an awesome all cider bar if you are into ciders.

University: Bottleworks is awesome. Love the place. There was a cool really old brewpub I stumbled into as well more "downtown" University that had tasty beers and a good staff. Don't remember the name though...

Capital Hill: Pine Box. Love the place. Old funeral home. Great beers and food. They also have a great cider bar further up the hill.

I'm not sure what district this one is one, but I love: Epic Ales. Tiny place with fantastic food super eclectic beers (and food). Always a house berliner with multiple house syrups to blend in.
Home is where the Nelson is.

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 03:20:41 AM »
Went out I'm Woodinville tonight since that's where I'm staying.  A couple really good places.  First was a place that's been open for 2 months, Sumerian.  The hoppies were top notch and the pils was pretty decent too.  Then went to Triplehorn which was also good.  I went there about 2 years ago when they first opened.  Couldn't even tell it was the same place now with all the expansions.  Super cool place with some good beers.  The nitro milk stout is ridiculously good.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 07:22:10 PM »
Woodinville Whiskey Co. is there, heard good things.

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 08:56:02 AM »

Didn't make it there but got to try their bourbon.  It was tasty but I was pretty intoximicated at that point

Offline Swabs

• Where's my parrot hat?
  • VIP Member
  • Barleywine
  • Furley is amazNOG
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »
Made it to holy mountain yesterday.  Very cool place with some really good beers.  Spelt saison was great on a hot day.  They apparently have a couple fruited table sours that are close to being released.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 09:39:49 AM »

Didn't make it there but got to try their bourbon.  It was tasty but I was pretty intoximicated at that point
:thumbup: :suds:

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 11:13:59 PM »
Everything I've heard about Brouwer's has been positive, although it's not a brewery.

This place was great when i was out there 3-4 cantillon's on tap(was the day after Zwanze Day) plus a ton of locals that were fantastic when i was there and the food was really good, the only thing that sucked was getting there from just north of downtown.
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Offline skinnyguy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pale Ale
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 12:12:13 PM »
Favorite spots in each district for me:

West Seattle: Beveridge Place. Always a great tap list when I've been. Cool vibe too.

Fremont: Outlander Brewery. Just a nano, but super cool. In an old house. Awesome owner. Brauers is cool too. Good food. Only frustration with them is literally every time I pick a bottle from the bottle list they don't actually have it. Over and over again this has happened. Fremont also has an awesome all cider bar if you are into ciders.

University: Bottleworks is awesome. Love the place. There was a cool really old brewpub I stumbled into as well more "downtown" University that had tasty beers and a good staff. Don't remember the name though...

Capital Hill: Pine Box. Love the place. Old funeral home. Great beers and food. They also have a great cider bar further up the hill.

I'm not sure what district this one is one, but I love: Epic Ales. Tiny place with fantastic food super eclectic beers (and food). Always a house berliner with multiple house syrups to blend in.

I'm headed to Seattle at the end of next week. Did Epic close last year?