search

Author Topic: Introducing Lambic.info  (Read 6631 times)

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • American Sour Ale
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
Re: Introducing Lambic.info
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2016, 01:22:02 PM »
Looks like a site selling glassware is using content I wrote for lambic.info... at least they cite the source.
NBD, but a link to the site would be nice. :D

Reminds me of Binnys using BA reviews to sell beer... (also found mine on their site once)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:26:56 PM by emerge »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2016, 01:39:25 PM »
Trying to add a bunch of photos to the site, don't really have the time right now but still efforting...

Since the last update, i've added a few new breweries and some sections of breweriana to existing brewery pages.
https://www.lambic.info/Brouwerij_Winderickx
https://www.lambic.info/Brasserie_Van_Malder
https://www.lambic.info/Brasserie_Van_Haelen-Coche

Here's a new brewery (likely was a contract brewer)

As always, new updates can be found here. :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:16:59 PM by emerge »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »
Looks like a site selling glassware is using content I wrote for lambic.info... at least they cite the source.
NBD, but a link to the site would be nice. :D

Reminds me of Binnys using BA reviews to sell beer... (also found mine on their site once)

Mikkeller also linked to a page I did to sell some Goossens. Nice and moldy, only 1450 DK (something like $221 and change). :mellow:
Seems like a good thing to sell on-site at Koelschip instead of shipping, but what do I know.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2017, 12:36:03 PM »
Something else cool, a descendant of a 1930's lambic brewer contacted HORAL and Lambic.info, which I set up a page for. Pretty interesting stuff.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:17:31 PM by emerge »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »
Something else cool, a descendant of a 1930's lambic brewer contacted HORAL and lambic.info, which I set up a page for. Pretty interesting stuff.

Updated this page today after a recent article came out. link

This is *pure speculation*, but it seems pretty crazy to think what happened to this guy.

• Direct competitor of De Troch (the town mayor of 30+ years and a brewer), who used political pressure against his business competitors.
• He went up against De Troch in a mayoral election, and beat him by 15 votes.
• Before he takes office he dies suddenly at the age of 38 (believed to be poisoned).
• A few years later his brewery is sold to this same De Troch.

It's not like De Troch served to benefit politically and financially from his death or anything... and De Troch is still around... sad story.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:17:49 PM by emerge »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2018, 09:49:15 AM »
Recently i've been re-reviewing a key source, and adding "new" closed brewers & blenders as I go.

Originally I didn't have the full text, only the pages pertaining to brewers & blenders from Brussels only. Turns out there were a bunch more in there. :o:
I'm about 2/3'rds through it and have added around 20 new ones so far.

New stuff gets updated here if you want to follow site updates.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
Re: сыр вохма малыш купить в спб
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
Good afternoon. If you are in search of a wholesale supplier of dairy products, then you should pay attention to the cheese wax baby to buy in St. Petersburg. There you can find a cheese wax kid buy in St. Petersburg with delivery or self-delivery. The catalog presents a large range of cheese, dairy and canned products. The company cooperates exclusively with the best factories in the country. The order can be made both on the phone and through the site.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheese thread is thataway... I like to buy my cheese wax babies locally, but that's just me.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2018, 05:21:19 PM »
Something else cool, a descendant of a 1930's lambic brewer contacted HORAL and lambic.info, which I set up a page for. Pretty interesting stuff.

Updated this page today after a recent article came out. link

This is *pure speculation*, but it seems pretty crazy to think what happened to this guy.

• Direct competitor of De Troch (the town mayor of 30+ years and a brewer), who used political pressure against his business competitors.
• He went up against De Troch in a mayoral election, and beat him by 15 votes.
• Before he takes office he dies suddenly at the age of 38 (believed to be poisoned).
• A few years later his brewery is sold to this same De Troch.

It's not like De Troch served to benefit politically and financially from his death or anything... and De Troch is still around... sad story.

An interesting article I came across today, said that around this time (1933-1934) Louis De Troch's relative opened up his own brewery due to "family differences". Interesting timing there. :unsure: Sounds like this guy didn't get along with anyone.

The Artevelde brewery was in operation until 1973. After WWII they supplied a couple other breweries that apparently lost their brewing licenses.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:19:09 PM by emerge »

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2018, 02:16:11 PM »
There's a big SPON release at Jester King this weekend and they brought in a fair amount of guest beers. I only really know the basic Cantillon, Boon and Oud Beersel beers. Are there any other guest beers in this list on their Instagram post worth seeking out? I might just go to drink the Jester King beers. Their fruited Spons are fantastic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrF1WpAhIaL/

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2018, 02:21:21 PM »
There's a big SPON release at Jester King this weekend and they brought in a fair amount of guest beers. I only really know the basic Cantillon, Boon and Oud Beersel beers. Are there any other guest beers in this list on their Instagram post worth seeking out?

Cool :thumbup: Looks like a great lineup. Definitely try the Frederiksdaal cherry wine if you haven't had it. Boon Lambic is good, likely the unblended 2 yr. I'd try the Oud Beersel green walnut, haven't seen any here yet, might be a special event only thing.

"lambic basket making competition"... for real? :blink:

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2018, 02:22:46 PM »
There's a big SPON release at Jester King this weekend and they brought in a fair amount of guest beers. I only really know the basic Cantillon, Boon and Oud Beersel beers. Are there any other guest beers in this list on their Instagram post worth seeking out?

Cool :thumbup: Looks like a great lineup. Definitely try the Frederiksdaal cherry wine if you haven't had it. Boon Lambic is good, likely the unblended 2 yr. I'd try the Oud Beersel green walnut, haven't seen any here yet, might be a special event only thing.

That cherry wine is amazing, and I hate wine.  Take a Dunkin Donuts coffee box, you'll be a shoo in.

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »

:lol: :lol:

The green walnut sounds interesting. I have a brunch with friends tomorrow at noon and I'm thinking about Jester King afterward. I'm eyeing the estate peach, shiraz & cabernet sauvignon, and grapefruit.

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2018, 02:30:57 PM »

That cherry wine is amazing, and I hate wine.  Take a Dunkin Donuts coffee box, you'll be a shoo in.

I've heard of it in the last few years and it definitely interests me. I've gotta do small pours out there. I'm on the bach this weekend with my wife out travelling. Probably can only do 4-5 sample size pours max.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2018, 11:28:29 AM »
Update? :popcorn: Try anything good?

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »

I didn't feel that great after the brunch so I just went home. JK is a bit of a trek.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »

I didn't feel that great after the brunch so I just went home. JK is a bit of a trek.
boo. so much for living vicariously :kickrock:
hope you are feeling better!

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2019, 01:35:00 AM »
We were contacted recently by a BBC radio producer, but nothing really came of it. :shrug:

They wanted to know wtf I was doing. :coffee:

Offline borrowedladder

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Old Ale
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2019, 10:09:17 AM »
We were contacted recently by a BBC radio producer, but nothing really came of it. :shrug:

Keep going . . .  :popcorn:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2019, 11:17:04 AM »

That’s about it, they just asked some questions about how lambic producers declined in the 20th century, and how I compile research. They asked to chat about it, then ghosted. It was right before the holidays, so maybe just got lost in the shuffle. Followed up but no reply.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
Los Tres Eylenboscheros
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2019, 11:21:12 PM »
Not one, not two, but three Eylenbosch breweries. These names get a little confusing...

The big one that most are aware of was bought and closed in the early 90's by Mort Subite (Alken-Maes), and sat vacant since then, but is currently being renovated into a huge residential complex.

Eylenbosch #2 was originally a farm brewery in Huizingen started in the mid-1800's by the Cammaert family. The founders great-granddaughter married an Eylenbosch and it operated as Eylenbosch from 1895-1965. Recently I found more info based on some new sources, and I wrote a page about it here.

There was a third Eylenbosch in Schaerbeek that was likely a beer merchant that contract brewed, as they advertised a range of styles "in bottles" as well as juice and mineral water.

I'm hoping to visit a handful of sites, but seeing buildings from the outside you can pretty much do on google maps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:20:42 PM by emerge »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2019, 07:54:35 PM »
Lambic.info gets a mention in this article. Long read but pretty interesting.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2019, 09:31:05 AM »

That’s about it, they just asked some questions about how lambic producers declined in the 20th century, and how I compile research. They asked to chat about it, then ghosted. It was right before the holidays, so maybe just got lost in the shuffle. Followed up but no reply.

UPDATE: BBC Radio got back in touch, and I did an hour-long interview. :excited: :deadbanana: Probably more than I usually talk in a week. :mellow: A show is in-planning for next year. The interview focused on the 20th century decline and recent resurgence, how I started the research and the results. They asked about any stories that stood out, and I mentioned the one posted above about lambic brewer Lode Willems, involving a lost mayoral race and assassination. :mellow:

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2019, 09:37:14 AM »

UPDATE: BBC Radio got back in touch, and I did an hour-long interview. :excited: :deadbanana: Probably more than I usually talk in a week. :mellow: A show is in-planning for next year. The interview focused on the 20th century decline and recent resurgence, how I started the research and the results. They asked about any stories that stood out, and I mentioned the one posted above about lambic brewer Lode Willems, involving a lost mayoral race and assassination. :mellow:

Very cool. :thumbup:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »

Very cool. :thumbup:

Thanks! It was kind of surreal. Really excited about it :thumbup:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Geuze
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2019, 09:55:10 AM »
:excited: when does it air??
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2019, 09:59:45 AM »
:excited: when does it air??
Next year, it's still being put together. The producer is planning more interviews in Belgium, but has already visited Cantillon, Raf Soef (Bokke), and Grote Dorst.

Offline thickfreakness

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »
That's really cool!  :cheers:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2019, 10:22:03 AM »

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2019, 12:06:18 PM »
That's awesome, man! Keep us updated!
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2019, 12:20:25 PM »
now when people ask who's the most famous person i've ever met i can say it's you

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2019, 12:23:17 PM »
now when people ask who's the most famous person i've ever met i can say it's you
:lol:

What about pepperoni cannoli guy?

Offline flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2019, 12:36:08 PM »

just wait until I finally snap  :unsure:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2019, 12:51:59 PM »

lol, Frank!

that guy was more hood famous than BBC famous

Offline howardf

• Global Moderator
  • Barleywine
  • If I've offended you, it made me happy.
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2019, 12:53:41 PM »
Congrats!  Very cool.

Offline JJ

• VIP Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »

lol, Frank!

:thumbup:
And Vitucci's
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:25:41 PM by JJ »
The Force is what gives a brewer his power. It's an energy field created by yeast. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It converts polysaccharides to ethyl alcohol.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2019, 02:31:58 PM »

lol, Frank!

And Vitucci's

:lol: he seemed to bump around Brady St. a lot. that's where i always saw him. Vitucci's was the spot, though!

Offline borrowedladder

• Old Ale
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2019, 04:37:12 PM »
Maybe you will do a sit down and maybe get a shave?    :pics:

And that Frank guy . . . was he the one guy me and Chris roomed with all those years ago?

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2019, 04:46:38 PM »
Maybe you will do a sit down and maybe get a shave?    :pics:

And that Frank guy . . . was he the one guy me and Chris roomed with all those years ago?

I’ve got a face for radio. :mellow:

I think you’d remember if were roommates with this guy. He was as famous in MKE as the tamale guy, but he sold pepperoni & cannoli.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2020, 09:35:14 PM »
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:52:31 PM by emerge »

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2020, 10:13:35 PM »

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2020, 10:23:24 PM »
:hifive:
Good thing it was awarded before WWIII breaks out. :unsure:

Offline Westside Threat

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2020, 10:46:53 PM »
 :cheers:
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2020, 04:49:59 AM »
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2020, 05:12:01 PM »
This video was published today, the story has been picked up by a few Belgian news outlets.

It's in dutch, but there are some english parts with Javit giving a phone interview. :cheers:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2020, 05:27:25 PM »
This video was published today, the story has been picked up by a few Belgian news outlets.

It's in dutch, but there are some english parts with Javit giving a phone interview. :cheers:

i'm most shocked that Javit doesn't speak Dutch

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2020, 08:25:37 PM »

I’d like to pick it up, but it’s not the easiest to learn. Outside of a few basic phrases, I can understand maybe 15% of what I read. Google translate gets the rest.

Offline flyingbison

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • persona non grata
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2020, 08:30:41 PM »

he still alive?

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2020, 11:32:59 AM »
Published a book review I collaborated on, just shared today on FB:

The iconic cafés of Brussels have historically been an integral part of the lambic tradition. Not only are they essential for serving lambic to the public, cafés even blended their own gueuze & kriek once upon a time, a tradition that has since disappeared.

Estaminets and Cafés, Brussels Stories details the rich history and social value of these local cafés, which have thrived in Brussels over the last two centuries. Full of valuable historical facts, archival photos, personal stories, and topical discussions on Brussels café culture, the book paints a broad picture of the iconic Brussels café, from yesterday until today. One thing remains constant throughout their colorful history, lambic and Belgian beers have always been an essential part of the experience!

Full review here.

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2020, 12:01:42 PM »
super cool

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale