search

Author Topic: Introducing Lambic.info  (Read 6640 times)

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • American Sour Ale
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
Re: Introducing Lambic.info
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2020, 05:22:33 PM »
Lambic.info charity fundraiser to benefit The Conscious Kid (glasses and stickers for sale):
http://www.lambic.info/Lambic.Info_Charity_Fundraiser

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2021, 12:14:01 PM »
A Tale of Two Limbourgs
This was a pretty significant update... :tldr:

It started as a tip-off from (Belgian) Chris, the newest LI team member. He knew a local beer shop that operates out of a former lambic blendery warehouse, Limbourg. We contacted the owner, who referred us to his uncle, the family historian/genealogist.

Previously I knew of only one Limbourg, in Anderlecht, because Cantillon bought their old building a few years ago to double their storage. Turns out they were closely related to this other one in the town of Gaasbeek (in the Lennik region), the founders were brothers, and their sons (who succeeded them) were cousins.

Once we contacted the uncle, he sent us a paper he wrote on his family history in the beer trade. It documented both lambic blenders in extensive detail, as well as family lambic cafes, and the beer distributor. After translating and reviewing it, I drafted content for the 2 pages on Lambic.info, and collaborated with him to finish a final draft, including some cool historical photos.

This is deeper into family history than I rarely if ever find on my own, and I was really grateful to Mr. Limbourg for sharing his research and to Chris for setting the whole thing in motion. It got me interested in my own family history, and soon i'll be getting our family genealogy records to take care of.
Anyway, if you want to read them, here are the 2 Limbourgs with a lot of new info. :cheers:

Brasserie Limbourg (Anderlecht)

Bierstekerij Limbourg (Gaasbeek)

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2021, 12:57:41 AM »
Very cool

Offline Javit

• Old Ale
  • A wild rumpus!
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2021, 09:39:49 PM »
A Tale of Two Limbourgs

It started as a tip-off from (Belgian) Chris, the newest LI team member. He knew a local beer shop that operates out of a former lambic blendery warehouse, Limbourg. We contacted the owner, who referred us to his uncle, the family historian/genealogist.

Previously I knew of only one Limbourg, in Anderlecht, because Cantillon bought their old building a few years ago to double their storage. Turns out they were closely related to this other one in the town of Gaasbeek (in the Lennik region), the founders were brothers, and their sons (who succeeded them) were cousins.

Once we contacted the uncle, he sent us a paper he wrote on his family history in the beer trade. It documented both lambic blenders in extensive detail, as well as family lambic cafes, and the beer distributor. After translating and reviewing it, I drafted content for the 2 pages on Lambic.info, and collaborated with him to finish a final draft, including some cool historical photos.

This is deeper into family history than I rarely if ever find on my own, and I was really grateful to Mr. Limbourg for sharing his research and to Chris for setting the whole thing in motion. It got me interested in my own family history, and soon i'll be getting our family genealogy records to take care of.
Anyway, if you want to read them, here are the 2 Limbourgs with a lot of new info. :cheers:

Dang man, I wish you'd dump this into the facebook group too so I'm not so late catching up on it and so it gets some more eyes!  :D
Yo lloré porque no tenía zapatos hasta que vi un niño que no tenía pies.
- Oswaldo Guayasamín

01:11:54 ‹everetends› you are a big, rigid boy

01:44:00 ‹everetends› I have huge balls

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2021, 10:01:03 PM »
A Tale of Two Limbourgs

Dang man, I wish you'd dump this into the facebook group too so I'm not so late catching up on it and so it gets some more eyes!  :D
Sure, but maybe an abridged version ;)

Offline Javit

• Old Ale
  • A wild rumpus!
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2021, 06:27:30 PM »
A Tale of Two Limbourgs

No way! Never abridged!
Yo lloré porque no tenía zapatos hasta que vi un niño que no tenía pies.
- Oswaldo Guayasamín

01:11:54 ‹everetends› you are a big, rigid boy

01:44:00 ‹everetends› I have huge balls

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2021, 06:54:13 PM »
A Tale of Two Limbourgs

No way! Never abridged!

Wait, people actually read on FB? :D :P This post was just stream of consciousness, I could whip up something more official if need be.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2021, 12:25:22 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQyfmrhFpYa/?utm_medium=copy_link

Public release tomorrow at the Lambik-O-Droom of the Lambic.info 3F single barrel Amontillado lambic! A collaboration with Drie Fonteinen, selected and bottled by LI & 3F for the 5th anniversary of Lambic.info. All proceeds going to benefit the Belgian charity, Kinderkankerfonds (children's cancer fund).

:hack: :cheers:

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2021, 09:33:46 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ0h-aGtZ8H/

Another glamour shot by 3F :excited: :wub: ISO... :coffee:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 09:46:18 AM by emerge »

Offline beastiefan2k

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2021, 12:54:40 AM »
love the pic. would love to try the beers.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • American Sour Ale
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2021, 10:35:48 AM »
love the pic. would love to try the beers.

Get yourself to 3F, and say "PBR LI me, ASAP!" :lol: But seriously, they should be available on-site at Lambik-O-Droom for awhile. :cheers: