search

Author Topic: Mountain View, CA 1/25 - 1/31  (Read 718 times)

Offline Organized Chaos

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • Old Ale
    • The Beer Spot
Mountain View, CA 1/25 - 1/31
« on: January 13, 2015, 08:11:19 PM »
I'm going to be staying in Mountain View, CA at the end of this month for a week.  I'll be travelling by myself, so I'll be looking for some must visit local places.

I know San Fran is pretty amazing for beer, when I look at the map, there are several breweries on the way up to SF, I'm wondering if any are must stops. Thanks!

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
Re: Mountain View, CA 1/25 - 1/31
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »
In SF, there are TONS of places you can go.  Check out www.beerbybart.com too.  If you want to make the drive, Russian River is worth it.

Offline thewimperoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 11:09:09 PM »
Sante Adarius down in Santa Cruz is pretty great
Dan

Offline Organized Chaos

• Administrator
  • Old Ale
    • The Beer Spot
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »
In SF, there are TONS of places you can go.  Check out www.beerbybart.com too.  If you want to make the drive, Russian River is worth it.

Cool, I had been to SF before and I know there are tons of selections, I will certainly hit it during my stay.

I am in classes M-F 9 - 5 and flying out early Sat, if I get out early one day, I may make the treck to RR, but it's a 2 hr drive through SF, might be hard :(

Sante Adarius down in Santa Cruz is pretty great
:thumbup:  Cool, that one is about 45 mins away.

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 01:59:41 PM »
Was just in Palo Alto for work about a month ago(just north of Mountain View) and I was amazed at how bad the beer scene was for such a nice area. Like thewimperoo said  SARA is the best in the area and they are even a bit away, there were a couple of ok bars and some meh breweries(palo alto brewing had a decent coffee stout, though was weird that they had multiple different coffee stouts on at the time and I don't remember which one it happened to be)between SARA and SF. I didn't make it into SF much as traffic sucked and they had a major storm one night, but SF and the other side of the bay are great. Beer Revolution in Oakland might be my favorite beer bar at the moment. 
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Offline Organized Chaos

• Administrator
  • Old Ale
    • The Beer Spot
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »

That's awesome! 

Offline Organized Chaos

• Administrator
  • Old Ale
    • The Beer Spot
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »
Was just in Palo Alto for work about a month ago(just north of Mountain View) and I was amazed at how bad the beer scene was for such a nice area. Like thewimperoo said  SARA is the best in the area and they are even a bit away, there were a couple of ok bars and some meh breweries(palo alto brewing had a decent coffee stout, though was weird that they had multiple different coffee stouts on at the time and I don't remember which one it happened to be)between SARA and SF. I didn't make it into SF much as traffic sucked and they had a major storm one night, but SF and the other side of the bay are great. Beer Revolution in Oakland might be my favorite beer bar at the moment.

Good info, thanks.  It's kinda surprising since it looks like there are 10+ breweries within 10 miles of my hotel.  Sucks that none of em stand out.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »
Gourmet Haus Staudt in Redwood City for German food and craft taps.