Author Topic: Anaheim  (Read 703 times)

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
Anaheim
« on: October 02, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »
Going to be in Anaheim for a convention in a month or so, any great food/beer places I should check out in that area? Not sure of my schedule yet but also going to try and get a day or two to explore some of L.A. or San Diego so any other suggestions are great as well.

Cheers!
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Offline Pols

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old Ale
  • haters get the gas face
Re: Anaheim
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 08:07:38 AM »
Going to be in Anaheim for a convention in a month or so, any great food/beer places I should check out in that area? Not sure of my schedule yet but also going to try and get a day or two to explore some of L.A. or San Diego so any other suggestions are great as well.

Cheers!

Offline sunscar22

• IPA
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 09:08:53 AM »
I don't know LA so well but San Diego is full of great breweries: Green Flash, Stone, Ballast Point, Karl Strauss, Port/Lost Abbey and Modern Times to name a few of the big ones.  You should go to a Pizza Port for sure. 

Offline unclejedi

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 03:07:11 AM »

Cheers!

One place you have to go... Beachwood BBQ.  Its in Long Beach, but not too bad of a drive from Anaheim.  Best food and beer place anywhere near LA / OC

One other good option is Taps Fish House and Brewery in Brea.  It isn't very far from The Bruery, if you happen to go there.
non-conformists are all the same...

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 01:13:46 AM »

Cheers!

One place you have to go... Beachwood BBQ.  Its in Long Beach, but not too bad of a drive from Anaheim.  Best food and beer place anywhere near LA / OC

One other good option is Taps Fish House and Brewery in Brea.  It isn't very far from The Bruery, if you happen to go there.

Yeah Beachwood looks like a definite must if traffic isnt bad for dinner some night or i might sneak away from the group and grab lunch. I did notice the Bruery wasn't to far but imo they are so hyped/expensive i don't have high hopes(maybe the tap room is an exception). I really want to check out SD but not completely sure what my schedule will be yet. Trying to convince people to go a day or two early so that i can make that happen.
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Offline J-Rod

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 03:20:59 PM »

Cheers!

Yeah Beachwood looks like a definite must if traffic isnt bad for dinner some night or i might sneak away from the group and grab lunch. I did notice the Bruery wasn't to far but imo they are so hyped/expensive i don't have high hopes(maybe the tap room is an exception). I really want to check out SD but not completely sure what my schedule will be yet. Trying to convince people to go a day or two early so that i can make that happen.

Anaheim! You're in my hood! Beachwood for sure, but stuff that's REALLY close to you that I recommend:

Noble Ale Works
Bootleggers
The Bruery
Bottle Logic (a little further drive, but is a current fav of mine)

Let me know when you're in town, maybe we can meet up for a beer or 10!
J> I'm telling you, eat just a little and then rub the flesh
Can't help it....I have man-love for the Cuban Missile.

Offline Kegergator

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Geuze
  • Your mom does
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 03:15:15 PM »
I'll be there in November too :excite:
Everyone wants people they like to be right, that's why popular people are fucking dumb.

Offline J-Rod

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Double IPA
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 06:08:01 PM »
I'll be there in November too :excite:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
J> I'm telling you, eat just a little and then rub the flesh
Can't help it....I have man-love for the Cuban Missile.