search

Author Topic: trade value question  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
trade value question
« on: September 18, 2014, 10:47:19 AM »
Question because i don't follow this stuff closely anymore and have no clue what is fair value. A guy contacted me about trading his 375 2014 blabaer for a TG assassin is this fair? Am i ripping him off? is he ripping me off? is it worth it ect.. (already have another trade worked out with the guy).

Thanks in advance for the help.
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Offline thewimperoo

• Old Ale
  • Commit to the Indian
    • TBS Blog
Re: trade value question
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
I would say you are making out pretty well.  Anytime you can trade stouts for lambic it's a win.  ;)

I don't know what Assassin costs, but I'd imagine it's still cheaper than getting a bottle of Blabaer from Denmark.

Dan

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 11:55:18 AM »
Not really sure but this is what i got for an assassin-

2013 black tuesday x1
2012 fifty fifty eclipse elijah craig 12 yr x2
2014 Hill farmstead arthur x1

You can pull quite a bit with assassin right now. Just not sure how hard blabaer is to get, unfortunately.
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
  • Too much beer, too little time.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
On one of the other sites, a guy offered a 3F Armand/Tomme, Hommage and also added a Paraguisa 1 for one 12oz KBBS. Not a sniff.

Another person posted this: Dude KBBS went for like $520 A&T is $175 and Hommage is like $150, so thats like $200 difference there it after market value. I would trade a KBBS in a hearbeat for those 2 bottles but people without real knowledge will have skewed opinions

Fucking ridiculous. A 12oz bottle that costs, what, $20 max? But "after market value"???? Give me a fucking break.

Why to not trade anymore 101.

Offline wisconsinbeer1

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
  • 40 oz. to Freedom
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »
On one of the other sites, a guy offered a 3F Armand/Tomme, Hommage and also added a Paraguisa 1 for one 12oz KBBS. Not a sniff.

Another person posted this: Dude KBBS went for like $520 A&T is $175 and Hommage is like $150, so thats like $200 difference there it after market value. I would trade a KBBS in a hearbeat for those 2 bottles but people without real knowledge will have skewed opinions

Fucking ridiculous. A 12oz bottle that costs, what, $20 max? But "after market value"???? Give me a fucking break.

I dont think theres anything wrong with trading as long as you just stay away from the dipshits like you quoted above. Thats just annoying. Shipping costs suck but there are still a lot of great people to trade with out there.
“Great ballplayers drink Lite beer because it’s less filling. I know. I asked one.” -Bob Uecker

Offline Westside Threat

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Barleywine
  • Carpe Cervisiam
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:50:43 PM »
I can't remember the last trade I made.  I don't count secret santas as trading since there is no negotiation involved. 
Should we take a cab home, Jesus?
Shit man, we can hoof it from here.
I know you can walk on water...
But can you walk on this much beer?

Offline Tip Top

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Lambic
    • TheBeerSpot.com
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
The last two trades I have done (the only two other than stuff to bakes in the last year) were just $ for $ with no specific beers figured out in advance.  I did them that way for this very reason.  Both parties were happy and didn't need to worry about after market value or rarity. 

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 12:58:44 PM »
I am not anti-trade, BTW. In fact, I actually have one in process (that I initiated) with a person on that site (I recalled the name from back in the day when BA was a good place to spend some q-time).

He even brought up some "those are some costly bottles you're sending me" - I said "don't fucking worry about what people are paying for them at those places. Send me some good stuff that I like and I don't care if I end up down $200 from what mybeercellar says what I'm sending is "worth" nowadays." I know what I paid for them, and I'm comfortable getting whatever he will send.

That approach works for me. I've been royally screwed like that in the past, but oh well. I've sent out expensive beers and gotten nothing in return multiple times. Oh well. If I didn't want to send them, I wouldn't have.  :shrug:

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 12:59:12 PM »
The last two trades I have done (the only two other than stuff to bakes in the last year) were just $ for $ with no specific beers figured out in advance.  I did them that way for this very reason.  Both parties were happy and didn't need to worry about after market value or rarity.

:goodposting:

Offline rhoadsrage

• VIP Member
  • Double IPA
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »
I am not anti-trade, BTW. In fact, I actually have one in process (that I initiated) with a person on that site (I recalled the name from back in the day when BA was a good place to spend some q-time).

He even brought up some "those are some costly bottles you're sending me" - I said "don't fucking worry about what people are paying for them at those places. Send me some good stuff that I like and I don't care if I end up down $200 from what mybeercellar says what I'm sending is "worth" nowadays." I know what I paid for them, and I'm comfortable getting whatever he will send.

That approach works for me. I've been royally screwed like that in the past, but oh well. I've sent out expensive beers and gotten nothing in return multiple times. Oh well. If I didn't want to send them, I wouldn't have.  :shrug:

Yeah I used to trade a good amount of dark lord, just to share it with people that really wanted to try it.   I usually asked for "some good local stuff that doesn't get distributed" and a list of a few breweries I would like to try.   Once I got back a box full of coronas and some other swill.   I asked the dude what was up and did he really think that was an acceptable trade.  it was silence on his end. 

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."  --Mike Tyson

Offline OHLRangers

• VIP Member
  • Old Ale
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 01:07:23 PM »

Yeah I used to trade a good amount of dark lord, just to share it with people that really wanted to try it.   I usually asked for "some good local stuff that doesn't get distributed" and a list of a few breweries I would like to try.   Once I got back a box full of coronas and some other swill.   I asked the dude what was up and did he really think that was an acceptable trade.  it was silence on his end.

Since I've always taken that "laisse faire" type of approach to trades, I am aware I could end up with a box of junk or get completely DK'd. Oh well. I had my eyes wide open going in every time, and that's the way I prefer to handle it. I can't do this full-on penny-for-penny dickering quantifying "rarity" and other bullshit. I have it (or can get it), you want it so I'll send it if I like you. Sometimes I get jerked around, it happens. So what, I'm out a few bucks for the beers and shipping. I've also been blown away by things I have gotten in return...so you just hope the ledger gets balanced, so to speak. Even if it doesn't, oh well.

I hope the beers I sent out are appreciated by the other side. That's it.

Offline Sebowski

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 02:18:07 AM »
Words that should never be spoken or typed next to each other ever: trade value.
Home is where the Nelson is.

Offline Initiative

• TBS Founding Member
  • Quadrupel
  • Beer Slap Bob
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 12:10:36 PM »
Well I agree normally and typically only do $4$, I also don't normally trade anything on the super rareish side of things and even then far less with people I have never met before. This one thing just happened to work out for an IP trade and the guy really wanted to expand the trade and I had no clue if or what I was looking at and more then anything hoped I wasn't ripping this guy off. I wasn't trying to swing my dick or show off at all, I trade so little now days that I generally had no clue on this trade. I knew the beers and new how limited they were but that was about it.
Thread killer extraordinaire!
00:21:17 ‹braconid› I'm a fan of little tits, but not silver dollar pancakes with rancid butter nipples
00:21:31 ‹nchrist› lol
00:21:42 ‹Steve Tasker› i'm not even kidding, i'd hit it.....a lot

Offline Steve Tasker

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Old Ale
  • **OFFICIAL Fruit King of TBS**
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »

I don't even know what 3 out of those 4 beers are.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds
helping Stephanie deliver sausage to the unit since 2010

Offline Sebowski

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Quadrupel
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »
Well I agree normally and typically only do $4$, I also don't normally trade anything on the super rareish side of things and even then far less with people I have never met before. This one thing just happened to work out for an IP trade and the guy really wanted to expand the trade and I had no clue if or what I was looking at and more then anything hoped I wasn't ripping this guy off. I wasn't trying to swing my dick or show off at all, I trade so little now days that I generally had no clue on this trade. I knew the beers and new how limited they were but that was about it.

Yeah, I gotch ya. Always good to have some idea of the deal you're making. Also impossible to really get a $ value for a beer like Blabaer.

And IP trades are awesome. Shipping was the main reason I stopped. That and all the assholes you have to wade through.
Home is where the Nelson is.

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 01:52:49 PM »
Shipping was the main reason I stopped. That and all the assholes you have to wade through.

today i learned that proctologist, in translation from its original language, literally means "shepherd of the anus"
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline emerge

• VIP Member
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
    • Research page @ Lambic.info
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 11:34:49 AM »
Shipping was the main reason I stopped. That and all the assholes you have to wade through.

today i learned that proctologist, in translation from its original language, literally means "shepherd of the anus"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline mr. furley

• Female
  • Global Moderator
  • Geuze
  • signed life away on the internet totally worth it
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 12:03:36 PM »
:lol:
Quote from: urbanhack
my head was buried in shuke's tits.
TITS help you hit home runs.

Offline urbanhack

• VIP and TBS Founding Member
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • no manches
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »
question about My Beer Cellar.com.   Are you only buying and selling with credits?  Is there no cash exchanged?   
i'm not good at putting this stuff in words but i can't see myself with anyone else except maybe urbanhack.

Offline Fred

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Russian Imperial Stout
  • Fnord
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »
question about My Beer Cellar.com.   Are you only buying and selling with credits?  Is there no cash exchanged?   

Credits are used to post a listing, that's all they're used for.
There's no cost to create an account to buy.

The actual payment is 100% outside of MBC.  Typically PayPal.
Quote from: J-Rod
I ended up drinking 9 times my body weight in beer, broke three glasses over my head, 7 over others, ordered up 17 hookers for a little afterparty, held a cabbie hostage while running his cab through the Madison capitol doors, and I grabbed gator's ass.